Clear View

Public | K-6

Living in Chula Vista

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $278,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Posted January 23, 2014

Our daughter is in first grade at Clear View, and our preschooler is receiving speech therapy at Clear View as well. We've found this school to be full of opportunity for our children. From Math and Science Family night to outdoor campouts with families to Friday movies and more. We feel very welcomed by Mr. Carroll, who is always present and saying hi, the staff in the office, the custodial staff, and the teachers. My 1st daughter is thriving with Mrs. Bingley as her teacher, who goes above and beyond our expectations. She is an incredible teacher and understands each student. And our preschooler has come a long way with her speech teacher, Mrs. Stephenson, who is incredibly patient! We highly recommend Clear View to others. The students excel, they care for one another, we've never witnessed any bullying of any kind, and our children are inspired by excellent role models at this school.

Posted September 7, 2013

Clear View is an absolutely wonderful elementary school. The school has a very strong community of parents, teachers and support staff who all work together to provide an outstanding educational experience for the students. We currently have two children at Clear View and have had great relationships with all of their teachers. The teachers are happy to offer additional assistance when they deem it necessary, take the time to get to know the parents of their students, and put together well-rounded lessons for the kids each day. The school (and the strong PTA) is working hard to maintain the extracurricular activities that so many schools have had to let go with the continual cuts to fiscal resources in recent years. I cannot recommend Clear View highly enough.

Posted September 6, 2013

Love this school! I have my two boys at Clearview and I will not even move from my apt. just because of them attending there. I highly recommend this school for your children.

Posted September 1, 2013

We cannot recommend this school highly enough. This year I have 3 children attending Clear View, & I have had a child attending Clear View since 2007. The principal, Chris Carroll, is AMAZING. He is always there to help parents and students. The office staff are SO NICE; always helpful & show so much concern for our children. And that's just the staff! The TEACHERS are incredibly dedicated. They even help the children after school - ballet folklorico, school campout, cheerleading, fishing club, soccer, football (and there is much more!) - all done through teacher & parent volunteers. We've seen teachers tutoring kids before & after school if they needed extra help. Unbelievable! The Parents also work hard to make this school the awesome place it is. They are phenomenal. The Immersion Program is awesome; no other way to describe it. Teachers, parents, & kids work so well together. My eldest is now in 8th grade, & her strong education at Clear View has enabled her to thrive in jr. high. We are so impressed with this school, and cannot recommend it highly enough. The school & grounds are immaculate. My children LOVE their teachers and feel so welcomed at Clear View!

Posted May 15, 2013

I am an alumnus from over 18 years ago. I am not a graduate of Morehouse College as well. I would have to say that attending Clear View was the best educational experience of my life. I learned more here than I learned at any other school. I originally attended public school. When I left public school, I was barely getting by. When I made it to Clear View, I was in the gifted program in less than year. Clear View definitely made a difference and positively impacted my life.

Posted February 29, 2012

I currently have a first and second grade child that attend Clear View. My daughter who is now in the eight grade attended Clear View as well. I absolutely love this school. There is a lot of parent/teacher communication, they have a great anti bullying program and self esteem program. They go the extra mile to make sure your child succeeds. If your child isn't successful at Clear View it's not because of the school. My son was having a hard time and even though the teachers were doing everything they could I had to step it up as well. Working together with teachers like Ms. Morales-Hernandez and Ms. Guerrero to ensure that my son becomes a great success. Clear View is the reason i havent sold my house and moved to North County. I love the Clear View community that is represented by neighbors, parents and teachers.

Posted October 19, 2011

I attended Clear View from k - 6. I absolutely loved it. It was like a second home to me, the school was one big family. The teachers were better than I could have ever asked for. I still go back and visit them whenever I can, just to keep them updated on how well I'm doing, thank them, and see their faces light up. I am now a senior in high school, and have had straight A's all the way down my transcript. I have Clear View to thank for that! I miss it so much!!!

Posted September 4, 2008

We are very pleased with the school. The parents are very involved, as are the teachers and director. My children are very happy and we feel we made a great choice!

Posted July 27, 2008

I transferred my daughter into Clear View when she was in the 1st grade. From the very first day she was greeted warmly by her teacher, peers, and by the director. Academically, my daughter was challenged based on her ability not that of the class. The teacher was well informed of how children learn best and taught my daughter in a manner that made her feel she could excel at whatever she did. In return she took risks and tried upper grade math problems, reading books, and enhanced her writing skills. Socially, Clear View has a great Families program set up where children learn how to work together, treat each other with respect, and work as a family. In the area of creativity, my daughter has developed a love of music and art. Her favorite expression is from her art teacher, there are no mistakes in art . After searching through most of the schools in Chula Vista, I have not been disappointed by my decision to put my daughter in Clear View. I am finding compared to her peers that go to other schools in the area. My daughter is learning and being challenged more academically, but not losing her love of learning. Thank you Clear View.

Posted January 7, 2008

My son has been going to this school for three years. He enjoys going to school and has loved all of his teachers. The principle is great and is seen around campus and is involved with the parents and students. I love their 'Families' program-each teacher has a set of students every Friday that comes together with all grade levels and they do fun activities. This has helped my son socially. He gets to be around older children and also gets to help and be role models for the younger ones. I highly recommend Clearview!

Posted August 2, 2007

This school, is one of the best in this school district. My child started in the middle of the year, and her teachers taught her like shes been there since the first day, she caught easily because of the teachers great work. Even the other kids treated with respect she had friends instantly they were really great kids and very nice well mannered. They follow their code of conduct from K-6 and even when your child is in kindergarten they will get along with everyone from 1-6 when you go too that school you feel like like your party of a family, my child is now in 7'th grade and she still keeps in touch with people from Clearview you make true friends there, and the teachers are there for you till you grow old. My child misses Clearview terribly, I would recommend this school too anyone.

Posted August 2, 2007

My boys attend Clear View it's their third year and we are very pleased. The teachers are great. I had an opportunity to visit Calif. State Capital Sacramento with my 4th grade son, through this school. I think that is awsome for our children. It was a great learning experience for my son, he will always remember. I highly recommend Clear View.

Posted January 18, 2007

I was very disappointed to read the negative reviews below. This was a great school for us and our oldest son and he attended 6 years. He is at the very top of his class and we owe a lot to the teachers and education he received at Clearview. Unfortunately, we moved to another area in 6th grade and had to switch schools and we actually called Clearview a few months later and begged them to take our son back - sure enough, they were full and could not. We have been suffering ever since at our new school and we are now taking our middle son out and transferring him to a private school for a better education. One really never knows how good they've got it until they're put into something worse!

Posted November 20, 2006

This school has been very disappointing. My neice attends a school near by in grade k same as my daughter. She is learning far more at school than my daughter. My other child attends here as well. He is not being challenged. The same homework they gave in 1st grade only easier. Whats going on? I will pull them out of this school soon.

Posted August 22, 2006

Was very disappointed with the level of education our child had recieved for the 4th and 5th grade. We have decided to put her in private school where she will be challenged academically.

Posted April 11, 2005

Kids are very happy! Very good level. I would like them to improve their spanish level.

Posted June 29, 2004

Clearview is an excellent school, my students are highly engaged in the classroom, feel a real connection to the school and communitya nd love their teachers. The principal is accessible, a great leader and well respected in the community

The API reflects year-over-year schools performance based on STAR test score results from spring 2012.

This school's

(2012)

7 / 10

3 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2012

Change from 2011 to 2012
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

7 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

3 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

All Students54%