Bad
Good

I really dont recommend this school my son will be transferred from here. I really didn't like the fact that they split him from class without a teacher he had a subtitute teacher for a long time if they knew it was too many student for one teacher they should have had a teacher ready for them since the school year began, they dont have a teacher assistant which is very important the teacher needs help and they should have notified the parents in the beginning of the school year that parents are not allow to take any food to the classrooms to celebrate anything i even ask the subtitute teacher she didnt even know the parent can not take any food they have no communication within the school they should be on top of this how they say its a good school im sorry but i dont think so

my son is now in 2nd grade,i dont care to much for his teacher,my son absolutly loves school ,up until he started this year-i dont see the passion he had the last 2 years in him now and that bothers me alot! i wont let anyone kill my sons passion for school and thats including teachers.!!! so i am having him trasfered out of HIS class.but this is the only negitive encounter ive had. i also went to this school myself and i loved it! now we got blessed to have his his kindergarden and 1st grade teacher 2 years in a row. she is a great techer,very interactive with all the parents,friendly,communicated very well with parents.and mr.shy the principal is a very good principle in my eyes,he is very involved with everything and i can honestly say i trust him and his decisions. so besides this one little set back at the moment...this school is a 9 out of 10 to me!

All of my children have attended this school. I currently have one at Cook and we love it! I like all the teachers and staff is great! The school is clean and my kids really enjoy going to school. It's not our home school but I like it so much I put in a zone transfer each year! I hope my youngest gets accepted for the next school year! I'd like for all of them to stay until 6th grade!

A Distinguished School in 2004, under Dr. Hernandez, it has continued to outperform schools in wealthier districts. My daughter has been there since Kindergarten, and loves it. Her teachers and EDC staff have been very sensitive and responsive to her special needs and diversity issues. I hope she can continue to attend through the sixth grade. As an educator, I know how tough it is to keep kids first. Thank you, teachers and staff. John D. Coffey, B.A, J.D.

Last modified Cook (Hazel Goes) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.