Chula Vista, CA

Posted July 10, 2014
Halecrest is AMAZING and we have an AWESOME principal. All of my children attend Halecrest. The teachers and principal ensure that the students are taught the standards in addition to providing great extensions to the curriculum - science and music rotations, school plays, variety show, multi-cultural fair. It is a privilege to be at Halecrest and we should be so lucky to have such a caring principal and teachers.

Posted July 10, 2014
Halecrest is an amazing place to be. My 3 children attended and it is anything but "test" and "score" driven. Their intention is to ensure each child is taught what needs to be learned. In addition they have fantastic events that go above and beyond just academics - the variety show, plays, science fairs, multi-cultural fairs, etc... It's really hard to get a zone transfer, but if you are lucky to get in, you won't be disappointed. And Mrs. Wilson (our principal) ROCKS! She is very in tune with the kiddos and spends each day with them.

Halecrest Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2014
My child has been at Halecrest Elementary from K-2nd grade. In that time my child went from loving school to absolutely hating it. My child begs me not to go to school every day. The principal seems more interested in test scores than the children. My child is well above grade level but is not challenged. The PTA is amazing and parent involvement is good. The teachers are pushed to produce high test scores and are so stressed they forget they are dealing with children. I am looking for another school, most likely a charter school where passing tests are not all our children are taught.

Posted March 07, 2014
Es una escuela incre ble. Me encanta la organizaci n que hay. Existe mucha cooperaci n entre los padres y maestros. Realizan muchas actividades los ni os y sobre todo tiene un muy buen nivel acad mico. Me siento muy orgullosa y feliz que mi hija asista a Halecrest.

Posted August 01, 2013
My nephew has been attending this school since 2nd grade. My family and I have seen an amazing difference in his english vocabulary, math, reading, and social studies. He is now in 6th grade, having 7th grade a.r level. He previously attended Feaster Edison from kindergarten until 2nd grade he only new spanish and very little english. Within 1 month he learned the pledge of allegiance in english @ Halecrest. His confidence has gone up, his excitement for school, and now he's saving up for 6th grade camp. His past teachers have been very good teachers. The principal I haven't heard that much about but staff and teachers are great.

Posted July 12, 2013
I was disappointed with this school. I had the opportunity to have my son go here, after myself and my two older siblings went here when were were in grade school. 2nds grade was pretty good but 3rd grade made him not enjoy school, way too big on test scores, and I don't feel the principle was interested in the children, but again just the test scores. I don't feel like this school has the same love and warmth it used to but the PTA was wonderful, and again 2nd grade was pretty good. 3rd not so much. I'm sadly happy that we had to switch my son to his now home school.

Posted January 15, 2013
I actually went to this school 30 aught years ago. It was, and sounds like a great school.

Posted November 27, 2012
most teachers are greatly involved in teaching the children well as well as raising them to be well rounded children, I had the honor of having 2 of my children been thought by great teachers. The principal needs to work on really listening to Parents, PTA and Teachers, it seem s like she does but at the end of the day she makes her own personal decision based on the best needs for her and the district. I feel like the principal pressures to bring scores up and that is her main concern. that's why I gave her an average score. The parent involvement is really good and since it is a small school most of them know each other, but since the school is made up of mostly transfer students there's also allot of parents that are unable to be involved.

Halecrest Elementary School 2

Posted February 28, 2012
My two grandchildren had the opportunity to attend Halecrest 2011-12. Ive always heard positive things about this school! My grandchilren love this school very much! English is our primary language and Not in so many schools ! They came from Las Palmas-National City , you never hear any English spoken there! What a different environment, all positive!!!!!! Keep up the Good work!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 07, 2011
Yes, for sure the reputation of Halecrest is well known in the Chula Vista district. Supervision however has become a challenge as many parents have mentioned that their children haven't been supervised BEFORE & AFTER school - the dash program run @ Halecrest is by far mediocre with little to no supervision & children running around the school at free will. its almost as if the governing body at the school has forgotten that it takes a village to "raise" our precious children to become upstanding citizens & to cultivate leadership, this is apparently a missing ingredient at Halecrest.

Halecrest Elementary School
475 East J Street, Chula Vista, CA  91910
Last modified Halecrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halecrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top