Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Halecrest is an amazing school!!! I love the community, teachers and staff. Both of my children feel welcomed and loved by the Halecrest community. We love Halecrest!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Halecrest is a safe place and integrates honesty and integrity with all students in their curriculum.

Halecrest is a wonderful school! The staff and administration go above and beyond to create a welcoming and inclusive environment that meets the needs of ALL students. It's evident everyone there puts kids first.

Halecrest is AMAZING and we have an AWESOME principal. All of my children attend Halecrest. The teachers and principal ensure that the students are taught the standards in addition to providing great extensions to the curriculum - science and music rotations, school plays, variety show, multi-cultural fair. It is a privilege to be at Halecrest and we should be so lucky to have such a caring principal and teachers.

Halecrest is an amazing place to be. My 3 children attended and it is anything but "test" and "score" driven. Their intention is to ensure each child is taught what needs to be learned. In addition they have fantastic events that go above and beyond just academics - the variety show, plays, science fairs, multi-cultural fairs, etc... It's really hard to get a zone transfer, but if you are lucky to get in, you won't be disappointed. And Mrs. Wilson (our principal) ROCKS! She is very in tune with the kiddos and spends each day with them.

My child has been at Halecrest Elementary from K-2nd grade. In that time my child went from loving school to absolutely hating it. My child begs me not to go to school every day. The principal seems more interested in test scores than the children. My child is well above grade level but is not challenged. The PTA is amazing and parent involvement is good. The teachers are pushed to produce high test scores and are so stressed they forget they are dealing with children. I am looking for another school, most likely a charter school where passing tests are not all our children are taught.

Es una escuela incre ble. Me encanta la organizaci n que hay. Existe mucha cooperaci n entre los padres y maestros. Realizan muchas actividades los ni os y sobre todo tiene un muy buen nivel acad mico. Me siento muy orgullosa y feliz que mi hija asista a Halecrest.

My nephew has been attending this school since 2nd grade. My family and I have seen an amazing difference in his english vocabulary, math, reading, and social studies. He is now in 6th grade, having 7th grade a.r level. He previously attended Feaster Edison from kindergarten until 2nd grade he only new spanish and very little english. Within 1 month he learned the pledge of allegiance in english @ Halecrest. His confidence has gone up, his excitement for school, and now he's saving up for 6th grade camp. His past teachers have been very good teachers. The principal I haven't heard that much about but staff and teachers are great.

I was disappointed with this school. I had the opportunity to have my son go here, after myself and my two older siblings went here when were were in grade school. 2nds grade was pretty good but 3rd grade made him not enjoy school, way too big on test scores, and I don't feel the principle was interested in the children, but again just the test scores. I don't feel like this school has the same love and warmth it used to but the PTA was wonderful, and again 2nd grade was pretty good. 3rd not so much. I'm sadly happy that we had to switch my son to his now home school.

I actually went to this school 30 aught years ago. It was, and sounds like a great school.

Last modified Halecrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.