Bad
Good

Well this is my sisters school and she is in 2 grade the school is going down :( but I think they should either change principal or have after school help or more hw or separate the bad kids from the good kids because. The good kids can't concentrate with them

I'm really happy to have my kids at Harborside. The enthusiasm that both teachers and principal have in making this the best school is great! Having the principal participate in all events makes it great. Both of my kids have made a tremendous job while at this school. Both of their teachers are very motivated in makings their progress a success.

This was my children's homeschool when we moved to Cv. I went in to get a transfered because i had read the reviews and wasn't pleased. As i came into the office i met the new principal. He told us what his goal for the school was. He definitely delivered. I kept my 3rd and 4th graders there that year..and stayed the following year. I can't say enough about the 4th grade teachers. All 3 are amazing. The principal is doing a great job in keeping the students motivated. This school IS now a great school thanks to Mr. Tessier's commitment to his students and their parents and the outstanding staff he chose for Harborside.

I have 2 children 4th and 5th grade 2 grandchildren 3rd and K started in 2002. the school may be on its way up but could decline. Grade 4 teachers are exemplary. True evaluation in the first grading period not genuine scoring as the teachers are allowing for progress 80% were replaced due to 4 consecutive yrs of failure. NCLB enforced. The max class capacity is 26 per class in grade 4-6 NCLB. The potential is here but not for this year or the next Im afraid as more cuts are coming and individual needs are eliminated at the expense of overall school interests Some administration is exceptional others are very inconsistant for educational atmosphere There is a loud hopeful cheer for a change but it will take a few years to see a marked improvement for this school. Pending loss of health aid and school psych. Next years attendance uncertain

Now that Harborside has been restructured, the school is great! The staff is a hardworking group of teachers and educational professionals who have our students first interest at heart. Their dedication is tremendous! The principal is positive and supports his teachers in providing the best possible education for our kids. The programs they have implemented are also great. Bottom line: great teaching makes for a great school. Harborside is now a great school! We are very happy!

I like Harborside School for my kids. But the fact is, Not all the teachers are following the academic standard. I hope the teachers and parents have the same goal to their students and children. There is somehow lack of understanding between teachers and parents. We want to know the real score of our children when it comes to academic performance. We want a true and dedicated teacher to meet the goal of their students. If the teaching is above then the student will be above on the standard level of teaching. If the teacher is intelligent, the student will be intelligent. Cooperation, parent involvement is needed. Children has to follow the rules every morning in line. This school has to be strict.

Last modified Harborside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.