Chula Vista, CA

Olympic View Elementary School 5

Posted June 18, 2012
Dang Your children are starving when they get home,they must be real picky!Well they changed the selection and its way better now!

Olympic View Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2012
I don't undertand how communication is not delivered on a timely manner!! The speech contest is this week and according the paper it was suppose to take place on Jan 31 @ 9am not Jan 30. I cannot believe a principle would do this to families. I'd like to add there could be more healthy lunch options and give bigger portions!! My kids are starving with they get home. And they menu they have for the week means that, that is what they'll be servicing that day. So many times i was going to pack lunches but kids were disappointed that they didn't serve what was on the calendar menu!! What's up with that???

Posted November 14, 2011
This is an excellent school, the principal is very involved and my son's teacher Ms. Aste from 1st grade is amazing. We love her, she creates a great environment for the kids and I really enjoy her way of teaching. I recommend this school 100%. The only thing that I would like to see is music class, spanish class and other programs like gifted or immersion. Other than that, it's a great school.

Posted September 06, 2011
Great school, wonderful teachers and wonderful principal. We love their no bullying patrol, their organization and commitment. My son loves going to school, he is in 1st grade and we love his teacher Ms. Aste. I would like to see more advanced programs for kids though and a Spanish immersion to make it a 10 and grade it excellent.

Olympic View Elementary School 3

Posted July 29, 2011
I went to this school last year , I've been there since Kindergarten and I loved it !! The only thing , it that Mrs.McKearney isn't really much a good principal . I love the techers though ! (:

Olympic View Elementary School

Posted November 04, 2009
The students are awesome and hardworking. The parents are supportive, generous and enthusiastic!

Olympic View Elementary School 5

Posted June 19, 2009
I loved attending this school. It was amazing. I have nothing negative to say, the envioroment the people (teachers, principles, and other students) make is so welcoming. It was a great school for me to grow up in and it has made me the person I am today, which is saying a lot, because I am a good straight A's student now in my Junior year at Eastlake High School.

Olympic View Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2009
I have not seen anything special out of this school. They are doing what they are being paid to do. I would like to see less filler acftivities and more hard core educational programs.

Posted October 02, 2008
Of the 44 schools in the Chula Vista Elementary School District, Olympic View continues to show strong achievement rates in spite of changing demographics and a growing student population. The structures in place to support student discipline, instructional programs and parent involvement contribute to the positive atmosphere in place that is supportive and responsive to all student's needs. The school administrators are visible and involved on all levels. Behavior expecations are clear and concise. Teachers work together to deliver precise teaching that supports learning and high achievement rates. Maintaining a positive culture at the school is the responsibility of the entire school community. The right components are in place at Olympic View and I am confident that this school will continue to be a top performing school because of the committment by the community and the awesome staff that is completely focused on teaching and learning.

Posted August 27, 2008
I agree with the last writer. My children have been at Olympic View since 2000, and although we hhave had a few principals leave, the school is a great school. Unfortunately there are too many parents who are eager to critize but unwilling to lend a helping hand. If these parents would spend a little more time at school, and were more involved in their children's education they would see that Olympic View is doing a great job. My son entered middle school well prepared and eager to show this worrying parent what he can do. I credit his success (straight 'A's') to the sixth grade rotating schedule and the strick atmosphere at Olympic View. This school is built on the belief that it takes a village to raise a child, and if the complainers are unwilling to be part of the village it is their loss.

Olympic View Elementary School
1220 South Greensview Drive, Chula Vista, CA  91915
(619) 656-2030
Last modified Olympic View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olympic View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top