Chula Vista, CA

Otay Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2015
Great teacher's bad Receptionists if you don't get there in time they tell your baby to get out, this is the second time I find my babies outside crying because the receptionist told them to get out ,there 6 and 7 i sometimes get there late because i work and sometimes i just can't get there in time, only 5 minutes late and they can't let them stay inside until I get there ....... again this school have great teacher's but really bad receptionist they do not care about your kids.

Otay Elementary School 3

Posted October 15, 2014
This year the bullying has gotten out of control. There is nothing to engage the children in, no after school programs, no art, no music. Just swearing and bullying.

Posted February 21, 2013
My husband and my self went to Otay school 27 years ago and now our son attends Kinder. The school is great, the teacher Ms. Todal is amazing. My son has learned to read so fast and he has gotten to be great at math. All the kids talents come out, all the kids have improved in one way or another.

Posted June 28, 2012
My daughter started going here for 2nd grade and is now going to 5th. My litle one did Kinder and is going to 1st grade. I am very pleased with the teaching methods, they have wondreful teachers, staff and principal. The students do a lot of testing but also get medals or trophys if they get passing scores. This is an accelerated school and I enjoy my children going here. =)

Otay Elementary School 4

Posted January 27, 2010
My son is in sixth grade and has been at Otay since he was in kindergarden. Great school, Great teachers! Their curriculum is tough but they make sure every student believes that they are capable of that and more...Way to go Otay

Posted February 16, 2009
My step-daughter goes to this school and I find this to be a wonderful place for young students to learn and become successful people. The staff is great and the school has a lot of nice things going for it.

Posted August 15, 2008
My two children have attended Otay Elementary since kindergarten and I have seen a tremendous positive change and improvement in both the school and my childrens academic growth. The teachers and the principal have done an exceptional job in improving the students state scores!

Otay Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2007
I am proud to be a teacher at Otay Elementary. The school is brand new and well kept. The children are high priority and are taught rigorously, with high expectations and standards. It runs as a peacebuilder school allowing children to feel safe from bullies and teasing.

Otay Elementary School 2

Posted June 26, 2007
Academic programs are not helpful enough and the pressure to meet state scores are overwhelming for tstudents when the academic programs aren't successful. The level of parent involvement is not inviting and their is poor communication with teachers. The school environment is not good my children have been affected tremendously on a daily basis were they have expressed not wanting to attend school because of students and teachers that made them feel unwelcome because of their actions towards them. This has been the first school that I have experienced that don't go by by the zero tolerance guideliness they have.

Otay Elementary School 3

Posted March 29, 2006
I think that the school has a wonderful community of teachers. However, because of the pressure to increase the test scores, the teachers are focusing exlusively on test scores to the detriment of the quality of teaching. As is often true across the country, there is hardly any fun in learning there -- and very little arts and extracurricular activities. I speculate that because many of the students are English language learners, the school test scores are low as a result.

Otay Elementary School
1651 Albany Avenue, Chula Vista, CA  91911
Last modified Otay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Otay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top