Rice (Lilian J.) Elementary School 2

Posted July 31, 2015
I sent my child to 4th grade for the 2014-15 school. The school was transitioning to the common core curriculum during the year. It appeared that the teachers could not effectively teach common, perhaps due to lack of training. Regardless, the entire school year was a waste and we will be moving on to the private sector. Public schools are behind in all aspects and I can't believe the difference. If you cannot afford private school, I would highly recommend you take your children to another school. It was frustrating, but also saddening that there are eager children wanting to learn but no one to teach them. This experience was not with a single teacher, but with multiple teachers, the rude office personnel, and the principal. I'm sure there are a few good teachers there, but the gamble is not worth your children's education and childhood experiences. Also, your children are not able to defend themselves at all. There is a policy of no hitting to include self defense. I wouldn't mind the ploicy if the staff would actually watch the children during recess. My child and multiple children have been attacked and they have gotten in trouble for defending themselves. My child will always protect himself when attacked and this policy was constantly argued with the staff of the school. I don't normally write reviews but I hope someone reads this and takes their children to a decent school.

Posted July 20, 2015
They can't keep teachers or principals. My daughter had a substitute for 6 months because the other teacher quit. We've seen at least 3 principals in 3 years. Teachers don't want to be there and it shows. Unless your child is an EL I do not recommend this school

Posted June 09, 2014
All I can say is they need more school activities art music and PE and an open library for their students .and not be so harsh on those students who have excused absence having them on a contract is just BS to me ...that's why it's and excused absence from the doctors..

Posted August 18, 2011
I went to Lilian J. Rice from 1950 to 1955 Mrs. Krantz was the principal. she was strict but fair. It was a good experience. I'am glad to see that the school is still offering a quality education. JOHN

Posted May 07, 2011
First of all I want to say I volunteer in my children schools. Its the number one thing parent who wants to be involved in their children life should do. At least 1 hour a week! Many of us parents tend to blame the school and praise others, but, if you see what the others have, is PARENTS that SUPPORT their school. My daughter has gone to Rice since she was in K, now she is going to 5th grade. Since last year the school abandoned the uniform policy and kids can now wear regular clothes, something I do not share. A student should identify himself/herself as one. And uniform does that! It is a school that any teacher or staff I have interacted with have always been helpful and friendly specially the vice-principal. I think even if it is a public school, Principal and teachers should be a little harder on parents and ask them to support their school. I think if parents and teachers get together, we can make of Rice a better school, more than it already is.

Rice (Lilian J.) Elementary School 5

Posted March 24, 2011
This school is one of the best, I have my daughter going to this school and she likes it very much, and so do I.

Rice (Lilian J.) Elementary School 5

Posted May 03, 2009
very good schoool my daughter goes to this school and she likes it very much and also likes CART.The education is very good and her teacher helps her her verrrrry much with her math and reading problems.

Posted November 21, 2008
I would give many Kudos to the School's Psicologist Dept. Teachers , Administrative Office and Principal. They try very hard to make Llilian J. Rice a better school. The only thing that I would like to recommend is that all the children from Elementery grades should not be all toghether at recess. Children are often pushed by older ones. Kids should be separeted by ages and everything will be much easier for both school personnel and kids.

Rice (Lilian J.) Elementary School

Posted August 12, 2008
I am really pleased with this school all my 3 children attend this school.

Posted March 30, 2008
My daughter attended school here for 1 year, I now drive her across town. My daughter is an advanced student and has been skipped ahead a grade at her new school. When she attended Rice she was oftentimes ignored by her teachers because she is self disciplined and well behaved. She was put off to the side with coloring pages so the teachers could focus on non English speaking students.

Rice (Lilian J.) Elementary School
915 Fourth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA  91911
Last modified Rice (Lilian J.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rice (Lilian J.) Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top