Chula Vista, CA

Posted November 19, 2014
This school is amazing. My son has gone here since kindergarden and now he is in 5th grade. He loves it! The principle Mrs. posey is on point and is on top of it. She has so much love for the students. There is alot of parent involvement and the they have great staff and teachers.

Posted August 29, 2014
The staff at Greg Rogers is incredible! From the moment you enter the front office you feel welcomed. The teachers are dedicated and always have a smile on their face. Greg Rogers also is great school for students with disabilities.

Rogers (Greg) Elementary School 1

Posted July 24, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE TO THE SPECIAL NEEDS THEY WERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE KIDS, IT WAS LIKE A ZOO! I HAD TO TRANSFER MY SON OUT TO LOMA VERDE! NOT TO MENTION THEY LEFT MY FRIENDS SON IN THE SCHOOL BUS FOR 20 MINUTES AND DIDN'T KNOW IT! WHEN SHE WENT TO THE CLASSROOM TO SEE HER SON HE WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND! THE TEACHERS DIDN'T KNOW EITHER.

Rogers (Greg) Elementary School 4

Posted July 01, 2012
I have two grandchildren who attend Rogers's Elem. school, one special needs and the other in general education. Both have had a wonderful and challenging education experience. The staff is committed to all students reaching their highest potentiial. I think Rogers's is a wonderful school.

Posted September 11, 2011
I had attended Greg Rogers Elementary for 9 years. In my 2 years of preschool I was part of a program in which mentally challenged kids were in my class as well as students like me. This made being around mentally challenged people the norm for me and I feel it had a huge impact on the person I am today. I am currently in high school now and I see other students affraid of the mentally challenged students there where as I know better and will talk to them (some I even went to school with at Rogers). Thanks to Greg Rogers I can educate my friends who haven't had the interactions I have had with these kids and I am actually considering teaching mentally disabled children when I am older. Rogers is where I have my best and happiest childhood memories and I still continue to visit today. If I ever do have children of my own, I am positive that they will attend Greg Rogers Elementary because of my great experience there. I can honestly say I am proud of the person I am today because of Rogers and the staff and students there.

Posted March 24, 2009
I love this school. Both of my children attend this school. I just dont appreciate the way the yard duty treats the children.

Posted September 04, 2008
My 3 children went to this school and I must say I'm impressed. By the end of their school year they knew much more than they did before school. Their principal is very enthusiastic about the PTA program and the students' well being.

Rogers (Greg) Elementary School 3

Posted July 17, 2007
When I read the review below, I was sadly amazed to realize that this is the exact experience we have been having for the last 2 years. It is disheartening to realize nothing has changed or gotten better, with the new preschool program worse in fact. I have had mixed experiences here. Everything within me wants to believe they truly care for children who have more needs but in the face of budget issues this district in general tends to case after case fight the cases of children with greater educational needs vs outsourcing when the needs are beyond their means. In regards to disability sensitivity, the principal is pretty committed to the regular education kids having knowledge of and exposure to this which is a plus.

Posted January 22, 2007
Two of my kids went to this school and their experiences were great. I especially liked the kindergarten class. We left only because we had to relocate. Communication was also great at this school, from my experiences.

Rogers (Greg) Elementary School 3

Posted January 18, 2006
My child is an exceptional family member in Kindergarten. It has been a plus to my child's improvement and education that he has been placed in a regular kindergarten class with additional services on the side that focuses on individual disabilities. I do wish that I would receive a daily journal from the teacher describing my childs progress in the classroom. I've put notes in my child's backpack to see if I could get some type of correspondence from the teacher but they rarely contact the parents at this school. I usually go to the school to see what's going on with classes and future activities. The faculty have been helpful in the past but need to communicate more with parents.

Rogers (Greg) Elementary School
510 East Naples Street, Chula Vista, CA  91911
(619) 656-2082
Last modified Rogers (Greg) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rogers (Greg) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top