Chula Vista, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted February 27, 2014
This school has the rudest support staff. I've had to deal with several people and get attitudes from them when I interact. I'm the least confrontational person I know. Sadly, I have to put my son in this school because it's my residence's assigned school. I will not stop my efforts of getting him transferred. I would not recommend this school if you have a choice.

Rohr (Fred H.) Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2013
I have had 8 of my 9 grandchildren who have attended or are currently attending Rohr. All 8 began either in K or pre-school and 5 have been promoted. I have 2 currently attending and my youngest will be attending the preschool next year. I have always been pleased with the teachers. I've had a good relationship with all of them. I have been a part of Rohr for almost 17 consecutive years. My eldest grandchild who began in kindergarten is now 21. There have been 4 principals who have been at Rohr during my time there. Mrs. Ponce, the current principal has always addressed any issues or concerns I have had and I have always felt that she was fair and committed to each child. I would recommend Rohr to any parent. I do feel that the district should help out more in areas of teachers aides. Also, I think there could be more extra-curriculum activities for the kids, i.e. talent shows, arts, sports, etc. I don't think it should all fall on the shoulders of the after school programs. The teachers are qualified and very dedicated. There are several teachers that I would love to nominate for "Teacher of the Year." I am proud to be part of this school.

Posted November 04, 2013
The principal can barely string a coherent sentence together let alone run a school. I also have no confidence in the teaching "skills" of a number of teachers at Rohr.(There are a few wonderful teachers at this school.) In my opinion the school has been tried and found wanting. Someone needs to come in and do a complete overhaul.

Rohr (Fred H.) Elementary School 5

Posted October 18, 2013
Previous review was an emotional comment, but had no knowledge background. The school has been lucky to receive grants that have enhanced the learning, thanks to the principal . During these difficult economic times , it is a welcomed gift. Two grants of 100K for the primary grades books and teacher collaboration for planning, 40K for computers, iPads, robotics and a tech resource teacher for ALL kids, 25K from American Heart Assn specifically earmarked for a garden! As info the kids love the garden and they willingly give up recess and come after school to work in garden. What joy to see youth at outdoors. And we always have a 6th grade play that is broadway production. As for the test scores, we have 2 special ed classes whose scores are averaged into the whole. Not all schools have special Ed classes, but Rohr does since we love all kids . I advise all reviewers to become informed prior to making judgement . Our school is great!

Posted October 17, 2013
This school is very unorganized. They never have plays, talent shows, dances or music instruments .The school received a large sum of money and decided to make a garden, which as far as I know the kids were not even excited about. The school should have tutor programs or a homework club to help more kids. The test scores have been awful. Im glad my son did not attend this year. The principal is very rude, but my sons teacher last year was amazing.

Rohr (Fred H.) Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2011
I love the teachers at Rohr. Both of my duaghters attend this school, but I dislike the principal. She never takes control of situations. This school needs a new principal asap.

Posted May 06, 2011
The principal is afraid to do her job, because she doesnt want to ruffle any feathers. My daughter has been attending the school since 1st grade now she is in 5th grade and the principal hasnt wanted to do her job since we got there. Dont get me wrong the rest of the staff is wonderful but the principal needs to learn to be more assertive

Posted March 01, 2010
School needs to reevaluate their priorities. Principal and teachers are supposed to be supportive of students and assist them in everyway they can to achieve a good understanding of their grade level material. My son was there but now is attending another school because the teacher he was assigned had no new skills - still stuck back on when we (parents) were in elementary school. Teachers need to update their skills and resources. Principal needs to be taught how to deal with parent/teacher conflicts - not be so protective of the teachers without evaluating the situation first. It's a shame that due to bad teachers, other (good teachers) must take the rap. I would not recommend this school unless they trainned their teaching staff with new teaching techniques and the better use of new learning resources.

Posted December 08, 2009
Was not impressed at all. Staff has no control over children nor do they care. Yes the principle may be nice and I have met with her several times, but I don't feel nice will get my child the education he deserves here.

Rohr (Fred H.) Elementary School 0

Posted June 24, 2009
This school is exceptional. It is a small school which in my opinion is wonderful since it feels like family. The teachers are wonderful always going above and beyond to make sure the children learn to the best of their ability. I love ROHR Elementary and all of their staff.

Rohr (Fred H.) Elementary School
1540 Malta Avenue, Chula Vista, CA  91911
Last modified Rohr (Fred H.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rohr (Fred H.) Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top