Chula Vista, CA

Posted March 07, 2014
I enjoy my son getting to learn Spanish. The dual immersion program is wonderful. Thank you teachers for helping my child become bilingual.

Posted May 31, 2012
This is a great school with excellent teachers. I enrolled my son in the Dual Immersion Program since he was in Kindergarten. He is now a 2nd grader and I am proud to say that although I do not speak or understand spanish, my son can speak, understand and write in spanish. He has no problems reading and writing in English as well. Thank you Principal and your wonderful team of teachers. See you all again next year.

Valle Lindo Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2012
This is my 1st year at this school and it seems to be a good place for my child. My son currently attends 2nd grade here and my other son will be starting kinder in 12/13 year. My sons teacher is very helpful and communicated very well with me in regards to my sons performance. I cant say my son is her best student, but she does a lot more than I would expect to help him and communicates with me very well. The principal is also very involved in everything and seems like a real go getter making sure her school performs well. All in all I am very satisfied with Valle Lindo. Great Staff; front office lady just needs to smile more. She is after all the first face for the school or as I like to call them; The Director of first impressions:.

Valle Lindo Elementary School 1

Posted November 18, 2010
You cannot communicate with the principal and some teachers without arguing with the parents. School does poorly in protecting children. On the surface they appear to be friendly and nice but are very quick to undermine parents.

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted November 30, 2008
My 2 children love the new principal at Valle Lindo Elementary! I myself as a parent had the opportunity to speak with the principal regarding a problem at school with my son. Together we came up with a solution and she instantaneously took action right away that very same day! I also volunteer at this school and I see so much enthusiasm with the children so eager to be at school to learn. The teachers are awesome, all of them have that smile on their faces and are an important asset to these children who attend this school. I couldn't be any more happier! Valle Lindo is a great school, I'm confident that my children will excel academically.

Posted November 15, 2008
What a difference a year makes. I had no problem with the other principals, but this one is full of energy, and determined to make this school a better place! I love being around and watching the faces of the children as well as the teachers. Everyone is happy. The positive behavior techniques (Eagle Rally, tickets, etc.) are wonderful.

Posted November 05, 2008
This year 08-09 our school has a new principal and she is actually an alumnus! There have been many positive changes this year. We have started having a weekly 'Eagle Rally' to increase school sprit and each week we focus on a specific behavior to work on. Our motto is 'Respectful, Responsible and Safe!' All the students receive tickets for acting in the appropriate way, and are entered into a weekly drawing. At the last Eagle Rally some of the students even won a pumpkin donated by a teacher! They are really excited about this. A group of teachers even wrote a song to sing each week. The staff is committed to our new principal and to the students. We want what is best for them and for each student to be successful! Each day I am thankful to work for such an enthusiastic and motivated principal.

Posted October 21, 2008
My children have always had highly skilled teachers, well disciplined classrooms, and appropriate amount of homework. They truly enjoy going to this school every day.

Valle Lindo Elementary School 4

Posted September 07, 2008
My 2 children have attended Valle Lindo since grade K & are now in the upper grades. The teachers (for the most part) are first-rate & do the best possible job with what they are given. The new principal has made a good impression & I'm optimistic that she'll provide the guidance & support needed by both students & staff. The low socio-economic background attributable to many families in this area is to me the biggest problem. 'No child left behind' should start at home, but doesn't seem to. Many of my kids' classmates don't seem to be getting the attention or discipline they need at home to succeed in school, and excessive misbehavior & disrespect is carried over into the classroom. I would like to see more enrichment programs such as art & music, but I understand that the lack thereof is due to the overall budget crisis.

Valle Lindo Elementary School
1515 Oleander Avenue, Chula Vista, CA  91911
Last modified Valle Lindo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valle Lindo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top