Bad
Good

In 2013 I had two issues with the staff and it was brought to the principles attention and the first time I wrote to her and asked her something she didn't do it. 2nd she told me something in the presence of my child and made her uncomfortable.

We have a safe, kind, and responsible environment in which pupils learn about eachother while in class. Kids have enough time for breaks and lunch which is a gret safety policy.

80% of the students are Hispanic, everyone speak spanish and is nothing bad, see that as skill for the future, be proud to be spanish speaker, kids will learn english, love spanish. Please come to our ELAC meetings.you will learn a lot. As a parent love those committees Im english lerner too. and Im proud..

Vista square is a very nice school. My daughter has been there for about 5 years, they really support her. I highly recommend Vista Square.

About past comments! If you don't like the school, only tranfer your child it is not ok to ranking a school based in a few bad comments, I had been there about 8 years, since MOMY and Me Classes and never had any problem , our secretary is wonderful person and our principal,Staff and parents are great!.

My son has been a student at Vista Square for going on 4 years (k-3). We've always had amazing teachers and classroom aides. In kinder his teacher noticed early that he had a speech delay problem. She immediately got him set up with speech therapy. The therapist reviewed him and set up meetings with me, the teacher, and the Principal. His speech has drastically improved over the years. I've noticed that bullying has been mentioned in many reviews. We have had 2 incidents involving bullying. In both cases I emailed my son's teacher the same day my son told me about it and in both cases the teacher took immediate action to make sure that behavior ended. Overall my son has been given a great education and even got a perfect score on his Presidential Testing/CST in second grade. Now for the bad. I have a very big issue with the principal. She really doesn't seem to involved in the student's daily lives. Unfortunately, the principal has never shown up to a speech meeting. With 6 of them over 3 years you would think she would a least show up to one. Also in talking to teachers and other staff it seems she has a bad rapport with every staff member.

I'll start with the positive: this school has a great program for those who are deaf and hard of hearing. They are initially given instruction in ASL, then are blended into other classrooms as they get older. Teachers & staff are friendly and seem to know all the students by name. Where they can improve: While teachers maintain close bonds with their students, Vista Square doesn't appear to have a unified action/consequence policy in place and it's reflected in many of the students' inappropriate and bullying behaviors toward each other and even to their teachers. My main concern is the VERY LOW academic bar for their students. Near the end of the school year, many upper-grade students are still struggling to write complete & coherent sentences, let alone multiple-paragraph essays. It is a disservice to the students to set the bar so low and allow students to get by with minimal effort. It IS possible to cater to English Learners while maintaining high academic expectations for ALL students

This school is a joke. The kids are all speaking spanish and the place is rampant with bullies. Mrs. Woods is a hoke of a woman. She has not a clue as to what gies on around her and she has not class. The educational values dont exist in this school. Do yourself a favor a keep your kids away from here.

This school could be so much better if they did not only cater to their "English as a second language" students. My brother went to this school and, despite not doing well in some of his subjects, was allowed to move on to the next grade. In my opinion, this school needs to develop a balance between catching up their "ESL" students in the English language and helping their English-speaking students in the other subjects offered at the school.

My kids came to Vista Square in 2003-2004, for 2nd & 3rd grade. Unfortunately we only have bad memories of that one year. There was alot of bullying and bad behavior. The staff was aware of it, however they didn't do much to make it better. Academically my kids were not challenged.

Last modified Vista Square Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.