Posted August 01, 2013
I hope the teachers this year are better able to help the children with thier Ipads and I hope they keep thier websites concerning homework up to date. I was emailing a teacher last year, come to find out he never recieved an email because the email address on the school website was incorrect. Not one person figured that out until I brought it up towards the end of the year. BONITA MIDDLE SCHOOL NEEDS SOME MAJOR HELP WITH EVERYTHING!

Posted February 19, 2013
I am a student at this school, and it is a fun, awesome, and a good school. Most teachers here provide good education, as well as a fun learning enviorment. The new, updated technology is GREAT! (I prefer for adults to know that the students here do get IPads as a replacement for textbooks!). These IPads are great, but most kids all over the district are jailbreaking them. The school has a lot of electives such as Spanish, French, Band, Chorus, and the ASB. The ASB is similar to student council, and its oonly for 8th graders. The school leadership is good, and I wouldnt trade this school for any other! GO CRUSADERS!

Posted January 31, 2013
I give this school no stars at all. I currently have a 7th grader at this school and he has a 504. The 2nd half of the school year has started and the Counselor and the male AP still have not implemented my son's 504. Not one teacher knows he has a 504, so nothing has been implemented in the class room. It doesn't stop there...Since my son has learning disabilities the school has treated as a disruptive child and is just waiting for him to mess up again so they can expell him. This school is not compliant with the laws set in place to protect kids from falling through the cracks. Do not let the 5 star reviews convince that this school is worthy of your child, you would be better off throwing into a wolf pack and hope your child survives. I went to Bonita, so did my brother and my sister. Bonita used to be a good school, not anymore. It's even sad to look at, very run down, poor athletic fields. There are so many other "good" schools to choose from in the area

Posted July 20, 2012
BVM, like most schools, are a bit complex. I came back from break to discover my lock and textbooks gone, and while I told the secretaries what happened, they laughed and around. Also, the locker records were super disorganized. Who had what locker and all that, you couldn't discern anything from those. Some of the lockers are really old and rusty as well, and spray painting now comes as no surprise as it happens so often. There's duct tape on the walls from leftover posters, and the paint on many of the buildings are old and chipping. However, once you get pass the gauntlet that is the main office and BVM's rough surface, it really is a wonderful school. Think of it as a small community. All kinds of teachers are there, with varying personalities. There is a huge emphasis on education and school togetherness. The students are of all backgrounds, and there is almost no racial, gender, age, or sexuality tension on campus. Students have the choice to show up for their classes, choose what elective they want, ect. And who could forget the ASB? In 7th grade I thought they were the highlight of the school. I aspired to be one of them, and I will go back in 8th proud to be a member.

Bonita Vista Middle School 2

Posted December 05, 2011
These comments must be coming from staff members masquerading as parents or students, this school is average at best. The staff seems to know absolutely nothing daily by phone or in person. Students are singled out I understand the need for rules but enforce them equally across the board. Children are sometimes bullied and it gets swept under the rug because they're scared to speak up, this is sad. My nephew always says the principal remarks we have the best school to which I reply everyone says and think they have the best school.If you want a honest answer opinion let the parents have a chance to voice opinions from time to time..

Posted October 25, 2011
I am currently an 8th grader here at Bonita and have been attending since the 7th grade. Overall, the school is great. There is a huge emphasis on the social sciences program, but it's survivable, and you learn a lot from the teachers. I think the ASB is very proactive, and very spirited students who do their best to help the school. I do have some problems regarding the recent staffing of our principles/vice principles. I believe it is very inconsistent, and that whenever there is a change in stafffing, the students are not notified, so we have to rely on each other to understand what's going on in our school. I believe that communication is key between staff and students for a successful school. Other than that, Bonita provides an excellent educational program and the students are very motivated thanks to teachers and ASB. Go Crusaders!

Bonita Vista Middle School 3

Posted May 31, 2011
The reviews ares mixed and as a parent, depending on the day you visit sometimes the secretaries in the main office attitudes and information is hit or miss. They seldom have an answer when the website is under construction. Calling for that information is a complete bust. Regarding progress reports if parents have had any contact with teachers at all, this the first introduction and by then it's too late, only a few teachers send them home to you I say Thank You. Those who do not say students should be held responsible for keeping grades intact being they are now middle schoolers. That's all fine and well but inorder to reinforce anything that's taught during the school year, parents should be able to contact the teachers prior to the report coming home.They can work together so the students can gradually improve. These are easy fixes and these complaints should be geared toward helping the students suceed. We need the entire faculties help. Parents we can help better the learning expirence by doing our parts at home.

Bonita Vista Middle School 5

Posted October 11, 2010
I don't know when this site is updated but the api score listed is wrong. it was listed in the 700's when, in fact it received a score in the 830's for 2009-10 school year. It also ranked as one of the top High Schools in the US by Newsweek magazine. My child is a junior here and has had an incredibly positive experience.

Posted August 20, 2010
School was inept at dealing with special ed students, cheerful, but inept. The staff was courteous to the adults. However, they expressed their frustration to the students on numerous occasions. I suggest training for regular teachers on dealing with students with IEPs.

Bonita Vista Middle School 5

Posted April 21, 2010

Bonita Vista Middle School
650 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista, CA  91910
Last modified Bonita Vista Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bonita Vista Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top