Bad
Good

Posted January 01, 2015
worst school ever .... fights drugs fighting teachers and staff don't care about education only money and spirit that's why there low on test scores and attendance !!! teachers don't care to teach its all money to them ....

Posted October 12, 2013
This school is one of the worst schools I have ever attended in my life. The office does not care at all about your problems or concerns, not even the assistance principle. When students have zero period the office assistants are never available for us in case of any questions. The counselors do not help at all with your college, and there are times when they lock the doors and they don't even let you speak to them because they are "busy" , also drugs is another major factor. Their academics are low (very low). People in the main office treat students really bad, yell at them, ignore them, and don't care about their problems. The main office will never care unless a parent shows up "mad" or they wont care anyway. The only place I feel safe asking questions is at the attendance office and there is only ONE person to help. (But shes really nice and understands us students.) This is a bad school and there are lots of bad influence people around the school it is sometimes even scary to walk down some hallways.

Posted June 21, 2010
Chula Vista is one of three high schools I attended, and by far it was the worst. The administration and teachers didn't show any concern for the students, unless they were overachievers or troublemakers, regular kids fall through the cracks. They have a pretty bad disability program compared to other schools in the south bay. They're quick to push underachieving students out, when other schools go through various channels to motivate kids and give them a second chance, Chula Vista simple sends them to outside programs. The students are snobbish, and rude. They run their school as elitist, there's a clear division between the in-crowd, the outcast, the freshmen and the seniors... Something I didn't witness at the two other schools I went to. It has pretty bad drug and alcohol problems, and too much promiscuity for a high school.

Posted February 27, 2008
My daughter attends this school. I am so pleased with this school that I am very confident she is getting the education and counseling she needs for college. The only thing I see that would need improvement upon is their attendance office to update the days that students miss. =)

Posted July 19, 2007
This school has helped alot of students but some students do not know how much they help. This high school (chula vista) seem to be the greatest school out there and seem to have been the greatest experience of my life and wished i have not moved from this school. They helped me plenty and i took advantage of that.

Posted June 04, 2007
This school is amazing. Chula Vista is full of astounding talent and the most spirit I've seen in any school.

Posted January 21, 2007
Chula Vista High School Is a really great school, full of school spirit and with teachers that or helping students 24/7 in and out of school, when at teachers are not getting paid for their extra time. They inspire all students to try their hardest and help them realize what kind of opportunities we have outside of school and which would be the best for us. Our community is not the best, but CVHS tries their hardest to provide after school activities to keep us out of trouble. Myself Have gone to several schools in the district, and by far, CVHS has been my favorite.

Chula Vista Senior High School 4

Posted October 06, 2006
Chula Vista Senior High is one of the best high schools that the sweetwater district offers. As an acting alumni and brother to a Spartan freshman. I could not be more proud to rate this school. Not only does Chula Vista High provide students the tools to succeed in college. It goes above and beyond to make it a priority of every student to attend a 4 year college.As a former ASB officer I can attest that the ASB and athletics department is one of the highest rated in southern California. Chula Vista High is a school of tradition and honor which to this day holds up to the everchanging landscape of education.

Chula Vista Senior High School 4

Posted February 22, 2006
My duaghter and two of my wifes sisters have gone through CVHS and it was a great experience for all. The dance program (part of the visual and performing arts)is well run and a great addition to a well rounded high school. The school is a mixed ethnicity with a mostly hispanic make-up and in general a nice atmosphere to be a part of no matter what ethnicity. Very friendly staff and students alike.

Posted July 19, 2005
Chula vista high is a great school.The teachers are very nice and into our academics and even the students are friendly. We always welcome new students who come to our high school and we are also well known for the creative and perfoming arts known as the scpa. I'm in the scpa and has shown me many of the arts. We are also known to be quite spirited at our pep assemblies and *school spirited*. In other words cvh is a great school to go to.

820 Fourth Avenue, Chula Vista, CA  91911-1102
Last modified Chula Vista Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.