Chula Vista, CA
Students enrolled: 2,692

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 05, 2015
they go out of their way to really help you understand what they are teaching

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 05, 2015
The teachers genuinely care about us and our understanding of their class. Even if you don't know something they'll try their best to help you

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 05, 2015
all the teachers respect their students and everyone is respectful to each other. Many kids even go out of their way to stand up for others if there's a problem.

Posted August 05, 2015
it's a very friendly school and everyone is usually very sweet. The teachers are all pretty cool and I like the environment overall. (:

Eastlake High School 2

Posted January 16, 2015
My daughter is a Junior at Eastlake and has had her car broken into 4 times this school year! Four Times! I informed an AP and nothing was done because today when it happened for the fourth time the "security" detail said he had no idea that was going on. It is supposed to be a closed campus but kids wander on and off campus at all times. We filed a police report when items of value (more than $20) were taken. Eastlake boasts sports and clubs and many, many opportunities for students and my children participate in several activities at Eastlake, but I feel their safety and peace of mind is the most important. We also just transferred my son out of a class because the teacher did not know it was a two semester class. She told all the parents and students it was a one semester class until I went to the counselor and he contacted her. It is a very large school and that gives students many advantages but it is also hard to focus on individuals and take care of basic security measures.

Eastlake High School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
Although Eastlake HS has a large student body, the teachers and administration do a good job of helping each student feel like they matter and helping each student find the path that will lead them to the greatest success in their future. I think the school communicates well with parents and is very supportive of the active Parent Teacher Student Association. There are many different clubs, support systems and opportunities for any kind of student and the athletics program is very successful. I think that this school is the best that the CA public school system has to offer.

Posted August 01, 2013
We moved to Eastlake specifically for the schools in this area and we, the entire family, really like Eastlake High School and the area. The teachers are super engaged, helpful and available.

Posted March 08, 2013
I think this school is outstanding! The parent/teacher communication here is absolutely AMAZING. If you call or email your child's teacher w/any questions, they get back to you within a couple hours, not days! They have JupiterGrades.com so you can always look up your kid's grades and see teacher's notes about how your kid is doing in classes. You can also opt to get school text messages sent to your phone for report card info or if your kid is late or absent. There's honestly nothing the kids can get away with here w/out you being notified right away. They have the highest high school API scores in the South Bay. The teachers are incredible and truly care about your child's education, their future goals and they treat students w/respect. I'm very happy my daughter is going here. And to the person who wrote in their comment that the kids here are kind of snobby just because these kids here don't act ghetto doesn't mean they're snobby they just know how to act right. p.s. I love their monthly "Coffee with the Principal" gatherings! Great way to interact with the Principal and other parents.

Eastlake High School 3

Posted December 06, 2012
Eastlake is the top school in the Eastlake district. I feel it is over-rated though,you have block schedules and a lot of quizzes. KIds are kind of snobby, they drive BMWs.Mercedes,Range Rovers... Just because schools have high API scores does not mean they are actually good and that your student will enjoy the school. Similarly, just because a school has a low API score does not mean they are bad.

Eastlake High School 1

Posted October 17, 2012
I wonder if the parent who wrote the latest 10/12 review could share what thier horrible experience at this school was? Thank you.

1120 Eastlake Parkway, Chula Vista, CA  91915
Last modified Eastlake High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastlake High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top