Chula Vista, CA
Students enrolled: 1,071

Posted December 09, 2014
Hilltop Middle School is a great school with great different programs before and after school with over 1,200 students in a variety of programs including ELD classes, the F.L.A.G.S. program, health for adolescents, technology lab, a band program, AVID, and extensive Special Education program, and we have a new school principal, Griselda Delgado and two very helpful and supportive assistant principals, Manuel Narvaza Jr. and Mark Carpizo. Also, our school has a new developing Orchestra.

Hilltop Middle School 1

Posted May 17, 2014
This school is a horrible choice! My daughter was blamed to be smoking pot in the bathrooms twice this year. I highly recommend you don't put your child through this school. This school has a bunch of pot heads and horrible teachers.

Posted May 05, 2014
One of the best schools I have attended, the teachers are nice but strict and the principal is an amazing leader.

Posted September 10, 2012
This school is literally my second family. My friends and teachers help me fell like home here. I am currently a 7th grader here. This is a really great school.

Posted February 03, 2012
Hilltop middle is a great school! The FLAGS program recently got iPads to use in class. The IPads have apps separately for each class and they keep students up to date with technology!

Posted June 04, 2010
After a 38 year career in the Sweetwater District, and 6 years as Principal of Hilltop Middle, Mrs. Linda Stanley is, unfortunately, retiring. Her contributions to the District, and Hilltop Middle, and its community, have been significant. Having sent two children to HTM we greatly appreciate her dedication and service. She will be missed by all.

Posted June 03, 2010
Flags was a wonderful opportunity for my child. Mr Wittman has done a fantastic job with this program and it all takes a lot of team work to make it possible. Unfortunately there have been many changes in the Teachers lately that I think are set in their ways and not willing to be part of that team work that makes FLAGS so successful. With some work I hope that the FLAGS program continues. The downfall is because of the area, children tend to be treated as if they are prisoners. They are guilty until proven innocent.

Posted April 05, 2010
Principal and staff are willing to include parents that are willing to make time for the students. My child is struggling with the cross over to middle school. The counselors and most of the teachers are willing to extra to help my child. The school property really needs some improvement and it's too bad they get updated science labs and air conditioning since school starts in July now. Overall, I am happy with Hilltop Middle.

Posted March 16, 2010
I love this school, so much. There's so many after-school activities, and it's so safe. There's nothing wrong with the school, what-so-ever.

Posted March 03, 2010

Hilltop Middle School
44 East J Street, Chula Vista, CA  91910
Last modified Hilltop Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilltop Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top