No rating

St. Rose Of Lima School

Private | K-8 | 303 students

Living in Chula Vista

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $278,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Posted November 13, 2013

We've been with St. Rose over ten years. I have a daughter that graduated and is doing well at OLP, and a 6th and 2nd grader there right now. The school is great, but not perfect. The academic rigor in the upper grades is excellent. There is a family feel with the parent community, and Father John is wonderful. The classes are unusually large for a private school; however, my kids seem to be doing well regardless. The principal is shared 50/50 with St. Pius and so there's less time to build a relationship with him (he's busy working at two schools). The school facility is three years old and lovely, but the quality that happens inside the building is what counts. We're happy at St. Rose.

Posted November 2, 2013

We have a fifth grader that started at St. Rose last year and a kindergartner as well. So far so good, teacher is great, good communication and education. Classes are large but good, both of my kids are receiving a better education than when they were at public school. No issues with bullying or discipline.

Posted September 13, 2013

I can only say that this school is awesome! The parents who are involved, the dedicated teachers, the hard-working staff, help to provide an excellent atmosphere for my daughter and her friends. I have been very impressed by Mr. Saavedra who has an open door policy. I am also impressed by our music instruction and choir Led by Mr. Advento. The parish and the school are alive. I always look forward to coming to St. Rose. My daughter loves this school!

Posted March 4, 2013

Classes are overcrowded, teachers are not "warm", and the tuition is astronomical. Class sizes are grossly underestimated, and teachers are not the best at supervising. Bullying is also a very big problem, with little to nothing done to handle it. If you are looking for an AFFORDABLE Christian education, look over at Pilgrim Lutheran down the street. Building may not be as big or fancy...but what is inside is warm, well supervised, and enthusiastic. Tuition is nearly half as expensive and class sizes are smaller....

Posted November 6, 2012

We tranferred our 2 kids from public school to St. Rose last month, I can say that so far we have been very pleased with the school overall, the staff and faculty have been great and we are happy with their teachers.

Posted February 16, 2012

My child's teacher lacks warmth. I don't agree to their rule that if you got an award the previous year you won't get any this year. I think if a child deserves it he/she should get it, I don't think it's fair to give some one an award just because he/she didn't get it the previous year. On my child's birthday, I brought in some treats/ snacks for the class. Their teacher didn't even bother to initiate for the class to sing a happy birthday song to my child and I don't even remember the teacher mentioning the word "thank you". My child went home feeling bad that day after school. Teacher quality POOR, Principal leadership just ok. Parent involvement is also ok. My child will definitely not come back next year.

Posted July 12, 2011

If you are lucky enough to afford private school tuition, do your child a favor and send him/her to St. Rose. Wonderful school, great teachers, and amazing parent community. St. Rose of Lima School is a family.

Posted July 12, 2011

I have been a student at St. Rose and my knowledge as well as my confidence have improved immensely. I can genuinely say that my education is advanced and taught by teachers who are dedicated to leading their pupils to success. All teachers challenge their students and are always willing to help. The new campus is amazing and now the parents are pitching in and buying us microscopes! In addition, I have made friends and gained memories to last my lifetime. I feel my whole class has become a close-knit family. In closing, I would like to say that I have become closer to God through the encouragement of my teachers and family.

Posted March 5, 2011

Before enrolling here attend and tour other open houses of other Catholic Schools and look at books, ask questions, etc. No teachers on hand, books ancient, lack of pride. School is beautiful but lacking warmth. Parent involvement minimal at best and only forced due to points. Lack of leadership and security is minimal. Children in upper grades need tutoring to enter HS.

Posted January 11, 2011

I am a student at this school, and I'm sorry to say, I'm thinking about moving. The 7th grade students misbehave, and our teacher doesn't teach us anything. I am not challenged.

Posted February 5, 2010

Excellent School! The Curriculum and Level of Education is superb with the work and dedication from the church, faculty and staff.

Posted July 27, 2009

My child attends St. Rose, but i feel that she is not getting the best education possible. The teachers gie her a huge amount of work and she is stressed most of the time. As a parent I do not enjoy seeing my child stay up all night trying to finish homework and study. So, i am considering removing her from this school.

Posted November 30, 2008

i go to st. rose and its a great school with high expectations but the teachers could use some help.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 31, 2007

This is our first year at St. Rose and so far we are very happy with the quality of education our daughter is receiving. It is a very tight knit community and I love how involved our parents are.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Jeff Saavedra
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of San Diego

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

278 Alvarado Street