Chula Vista, CA

Posted February 24, 2015
All three of our children attended St Rose of Lima and did very well from 1995 to 2011. Our youngest will graduate from Hilltop High this year and although nothing is perfect, St Rose taught our children strong skills at reading, writing and math. School spirit and sports were very enjoyable too! I'd do it again. Sincerely , Miguel Blanco.

St. Rose Of Lima School 3

Posted October 31, 2014
My child attended the school for 4 years and we decide to move this year. I think the school lacks individual instruction. Few teachers are good, many aren't. The new principal is not bad. But it isn't the principal in the classroom, it is the teachers. There is some kind of status quote among the parents. We are happy in our new school now.

Posted November 13, 2013
We've been with St. Rose over ten years. I have a daughter that graduated and is doing well at OLP, and a 6th and 2nd grader there right now. The school is great, but not perfect. The academic rigor in the upper grades is excellent. There is a family feel with the parent community, and Father John is wonderful. The classes are unusually large for a private school; however, my kids seem to be doing well regardless. The principal is shared 50/50 with St. Pius and so there's less time to build a relationship with him (he's busy working at two schools). The school facility is three years old and lovely, but the quality that happens inside the building is what counts. We're happy at St. Rose.

Posted November 02, 2013
We have a fifth grader that started at St. Rose last year and a kindergartner as well. So far so good, teacher is great, good communication and education. Classes are large but good, both of my kids are receiving a better education than when they were at public school. No issues with bullying or discipline.

St. Rose Of Lima School 5

Posted September 13, 2013
I can only say that this school is awesome! The parents who are involved, the dedicated teachers, the hard-working staff, help to provide an excellent atmosphere for my daughter and her friends. I have been very impressed by Mr. Saavedra who has an open door policy. I am also impressed by our music instruction and choir Led by Mr. Advento. The parish and the school are alive. I always look forward to coming to St. Rose. My daughter loves this school!

Posted June 25, 2013
Bullying a problem and principal doesn't address it for fear of losing enrollment. Class sizes are huge (41 kids and 1 teacher) and not what we thought we were getting in exchange for private school tuition. The new building is lovely on the outside but it's about what happens inside the building that matters.

Posted March 04, 2013
Classes are overcrowded, teachers are not "warm", and the tuition is astronomical. Class sizes are grossly underestimated, and teachers are not the best at supervising. Bullying is also a very big problem, with little to nothing done to handle it. If you are looking for an AFFORDABLE Christian education, look over at Pilgrim Lutheran down the street. Building may not be as big or fancy...but what is inside is warm, well supervised, and enthusiastic. Tuition is nearly half as expensive and class sizes are smaller....

Posted November 06, 2012
We tranferred our 2 kids from public school to St. Rose last month, I can say that so far we have been very pleased with the school overall, the staff and faculty have been great and we are happy with their teachers.

Posted February 16, 2012
My child's teacher lacks warmth. I don't agree to their rule that if you got an award the previous year you won't get any this year. I think if a child deserves it he/she should get it, I don't think it's fair to give some one an award just because he/she didn't get it the previous year. On my child's birthday, I brought in some treats/ snacks for the class. Their teacher didn't even bother to initiate for the class to sing a happy birthday song to my child and I don't even remember the teacher mentioning the word "thank you". My child went home feeling bad that day after school. Teacher quality POOR, Principal leadership just ok. Parent involvement is also ok. My child will definitely not come back next year.

St. Rose Of Lima School 5

Posted July 12, 2011
If you are lucky enough to afford private school tuition, do your child a favor and send him/her to St. Rose. Wonderful school, great teachers, and amazing parent community. St. Rose of Lima School is a family.

St. Rose Of Lima School
278 Alvarado Street, Chula Vista, CA  91910
Last modified St. Rose Of Lima School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Rose Of Lima School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top