Chula Vista, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 23, 2014
After going the public school route for several years, we decided it was time to put our kids through private school; we couldn't be happier with our decision! Our kids have thoroughly enjoyed their time at Pilgrim. The teachers/school staff/church staff are amazing and are always ready to answer any questions we may have. When it comes to the curriculum and overall education the kids are receiving, it is second to none! Not only are they receiving a more well-rounded education, while in a smaller class size, but they have also learned an appreciation for the Christian faith and what it means to be a Child of God. The entire staff always treats each student as an individual...not as a number or test score! In addition, the school has a wonderful before/after-school care program, and summer camp. which really helps the working family!! While it's always a bummer to see some of the previous staff members (voluntarily) move on to other jobs, I have no doubt that God has a plan for this school and ALL the replacements for the departed staff members will exceed expectations! My kids are definitely looking forward to their next several years at Pilgrim Lutheran School!

Posted January 10, 2014
Making the choice to send our daughters to Pilgrim was easy. We looked at other schools in the area and kept being drawn back in to the family environment and Christian education. Being a member of the Pilgrim community feels like home! These teachers and staff love and care for my kids as if they were their own, and the quality of education is second to none. I am a HUGE fan of Mrs. Feldmann and the enthusiasm and drive she has brought to the school. I'm proud to see my daughters looking up to and being mentored by such amazing people!

Posted October 25, 2013
My child attends Pilgrim and is excelling tremendously, especially in math. Mrs. Barrett is an amazing math teaching. She is very patient with the students and definitely knows what she's doing. My child needed extra tutoring so Mrs. Barrett tutors my child twice a week for free! The education offered at Pilgrim is academically challenging but the teachers there are willing to do what they can to help their students reach the high academic standards. As a parent, I cannot ask for a better school!

Posted October 18, 2013
I love Pilgrim. The teachers grade all student work and return it right away... lots of feedback, lots of communication. The homework is manageable and the teachers are willing to work with different academic and needs of their students. The balance between projects and regular assigned work is perfect, not overbearing. Chapel on Wednesdays is so much fun and is very uplifting and lively!! I LOVE PILGRIM!!! Also, Mrs. Feldman, the principal is a great mentor to the students... she is youthful yet experienced and very warm and friendly.

Posted October 01, 2013
I love Pilgrim! I have two children that attend this school and I couldn't be happier. I love the family feel the staff and faculty provide to my children. My kids are not just numbers in overpopulated classrooms. They are individuals in small classes where teachers have the time to recognize their individual needs and make extra effort to help them succeed. My children are both quite a bit ahead in school compared to the kids in our neighborhood their age. I also love the moral standard Pilgrim sets. It is a big weight off my shoulders each day knowing that they will be required to be polite and responsible gentleman at school as well as home. I would highly recommend Pilgrim to any family looking for a high standard education facility.

Posted October 26, 2012
As a parent whose 8th grader and 6th grader have been attending Pilgrim since pre-school, I highly recommend it. With small class sizes, they get individual attention consistently. The after school care knows every student. I feel secure knowing they are safe and cared for at all times. The before and after school child care and monthly school tuition for this private school with very small class sizes is less expensive (!!!) than public school and YMCA sponsored child care. Really a no-brainer. Technology includes iPads, and curriculum is challenging.

Posted June 21, 2012
This is the place where friends become family. My son has attended this preschool for a few months now. The staff is amazing! Ms. Gina does and awesome job of you keeping you updated with your child's activities thru email and facebook. The entire staff seems to know every child, even if he or she isn't in their class! Prayers and manners are taught which is a bonus! It's a warm and fuzzy feeling when you walk into this preschool. My son loves it, and so do we :) We highly recommend this preschool to our friends

Posted June 18, 2012
As a military parent, we have utilized several schools to help our children utilize their full potential. Pilgrim Lutheran, by far, mirrors the expectations that we desire for our children so much that we have recommended our extended family and friends to this school. To date, we have seven children from our family and extended family in attendance. The staff is very knowledgable and are very engaging with the students. My wife has built personal friendships with some of the teachers as well. Dropping/picking up the kids is great because the teachers take the time to talk about any questions you may have about your child second to their willingness to respond to your emails or phone calls. We love this place and would recommend it to anyone who is considering in taking their child(ren) to this school.

Posted June 15, 2012
I will have my son attend Pilgrim Lutheran for as long as I can. He has thrived and learned so much just in the last year. He wants to go to school everyday. Your child is not just a number but a person that is cared for by not just the teacher but all the staff. I checked around a number of schools in the Chula Vista area. What was important was the price and how long they were open. You cannot beat the price compared to the surrounding preschools available. They are also open until 6pm which was a bonus and made my decision immediatly.

Posted June 15, 2012
As a mother of 2...Sending both of them to Pilgrim Lutheran has been the best choice my husband and I have made for them. The staff members are highly qualified and extremely dedicated to providing a warm, stimulating and fun-filled environment for kids. Each staff member strives to create a family environment, making each child and their family member feel involved and accommodated. Pilgrim Lutheran Preschool is a wonderful highly recommended facility for all preschoolers.

Pilgrim Lutheran School
497 E Street, Chula Vista, CA  91910
Last modified Pilgrim Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Pilgrim Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top