Posted March 09, 2015
We are sorry to see this school close. The staff was great and my kids really enjoyed the learning environment. The newest Principal did everything she could to keep the school from closing, but it seems that the decision had already been made by the board. We will miss you SWCS.

Southwestern Christian School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
Proven to be the worst Christian School in South bay from 2011-2013. At one time it use to be a great school with great education but the bad leadership and a principal with no experience in private schools and private education made it close in 2013. Several of the student where taken down a grade at their new school because of poor curriculum at SWCS. In 2014 the facility was leased by Bonita Christian School that has brought higher education, great administration and great relationship with all parents and staff. It shows how poor SWCS was being managed .

Posted June 18, 2013
Thank you to all the staff, parents and students for being a part of our legacy at SWCS.

Posted March 11, 2013
What a great school! SWCS was the place where my children thrived. Both of them attended all the way through. They participated in all the extra-curricular activities: student council, academic competitions, sporting events, after school programs. The teachers and support staff were all loving, kind and encouraging. They were great mentors and were there for me and my kids. The Bible teaching supported what my church and I have been teaching them too. Their lessons gave me lots of opportunities to teach them from home what the Bible says. The Principal and office staff are great too. They are very committed to making this school the best. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 17, 2006
They offer a strong Christian based curriculum, suplemented with exceptional enrichments through the music, computer, after school and summer programs. During the time my children were enrolled the enjoyed all their teachers, the student government, Washington DC trips and more. The Christian men and women who served at Southwestern Christian School were personally invested in my kids. I wish they had middle school and high school.

Southwestern Christian School 2

Posted November 28, 2004
The school is over priced. The school administration is more concerned about making money than educating the students. I will look for another school where education is the main focus. I think they should lower the price so more students will be able to attend and parents could have a peace of mind. Life in san diego county is expensive enough to have to put up with education expenses. I could not believe that the parents had to purchase the teachers materials, isn't that tax deductable for the tearcher. Perfect example! personally, i would not recommend this school!

Posted May 10, 2004
A truly wonderful school that combines a great academic curriculum with learning about loving, caring, living, and faith. The teaching and non-teaching staff work tremendously well with each other towards the overall well-being of the children. And for the 6th graders, Mrs. Kottke is truly God's blessing. Her dedication to the children's growth and development as loving and mature Christians is amazing.

Southwestern Christian School
482 L Street, Chula Vista, CA  91911
Last modified Southwestern Christian School is a Private school that serves grade K
Southwestern Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top