Calvary Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 481 students

We are best known for Servant Leadership, SimplyJesus.

Living in Chula Vista

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $330,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,980.

Sweep tile

Posted August 1, 2013

The teachers and the administration work in complete partnership with the family to nurture the mind, body and soul of each student. I can't think of a safer or more nurturing school to entrust my child to each day.

Posted December 27, 2012

My children have been attending preschool for two years and I absolutely love it. I teach in. public school and the atmosphere at CCA is so different. It's a small community that really seems to live what they preach. They have high academic standards and most teachers seem to really care. I decided to have my children continue their education here as long as our finances permit us to do so. I highly recommend their preschool and I really hope in a few years a can come back to this site to highly recommend education in other levels.

Posted December 16, 2011

Calvary is fabulous! The teachers and administrative staff are loving and supportive. My son's teacher is experienced and knowledgeable about children and their needs. The curriculum is challenging but not frustrating. My son is halfway through kindergarten, and he is already reading. He has developed a great love for the Lord and the Bible as a result of the teaching at Calvary.

Posted May 4, 2011

CCA is a wonderful school. I am honored to work here. The atmosphere at CCA really is described by their motto: Simply Jesus - Superior Academics Servant leadership. Go CCA
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 4, 2011

All my children have attended Calvary Christian Academy in Chula Vista. I am very grateful for the love and support that the teaching staff has shown each of my children. The school moto, "Servant Leadership, Superior Academics, Simply Jesus" truely shows. This school really loves and prays for our students.

Posted July 12, 2010

I graduated from Calvary, i do not recommend this school to anyone. I am a struggling student at a community college now. i can barely meet ends meet. I went there all my high school, and i got straight A's, but that wasn't good enough for a good college. They also don't give you a lot of opportunities in calvary. Although they have all the sports, they don't have good enough coaches. Most teachers are unexperienced. The school also doesn't let you grow as your own person. One word that i can express Calvary in is "Brainwash." Even though they teach Christianity very strongly and with a passion, They don't prepare Christians for the real world. This school is very judgmental. I would write more but i cant, i leave you with this: For a High School experience, this school is not good. Listen to your Child.

Posted March 30, 2010

CCA is a great school. The office staff is very helpful!!! Anytime I go to the office I am greeted with a smile. The academic counselor is very helpful and to my surprise was able to help me in spanish! I love that students get to learn how to play the violin and can compete in extra curricular sports starting in 4th grade. I love CCA!!!

Posted June 15, 2009

My son has attended this schoo for 2 years and will enter 7th Grade this year. This is an amazing school . My son told me that compared to his previous school , the teachers in this school love their students. The school is strict but fair and consistent. All the staff strive hard to make a great atmosphere . There are many extra curricular activies and optional trips arranged all over the world and all children are given the chance to excel. Parents can check the performance of their children online daily in detail . The staff really try to put in to practise what being a Christian means and give great examples to the children. By integrating the bible into all areas of teaching helps build the Christian character and values and beliefs that will guide them in the rest of their lives

Posted October 8, 2008

I currently work at CCA and have three children that attend; grades 9, 7, and 5. The academy's spiritual, educational, and social growth expectations are high; but attainable by every student. My children have grown immensely and matured greatly. I appreciate the consistency and equality demonstrated by all Faculty and Staff toward every student.

Posted May 9, 2008

Both my sons attend Calvary. I could not be more blessed to be able to have my sons here. This school has provided my sons with an excellant education but a place where they could grow in the Lord, weather in sports, worship, drama, spanish.... the list goes on. This year has been extra special, seeing children from 4th-12th going on different missions trips around the world. What a blessing to be able to part of this school!

Posted November 25, 2007

I LOVE this school! I wish I could afford for both my daughters to attend but the cost hinders me to do so. My daughter is soooooooo happy at this school, it's hard to match it with another. This school family is truly a family-God's family. Everyone at that school makes you feel so welcomed and I love it ! Everyone there is so spiritual and christ like. It makes me feel that there's no other. My daughter has academically succeeded in her fisrt way more than I would have expected in her first year.I can go and on.....

Posted June 13, 2007

I was disappointed to find out that many of my daughters credits did not count towards a transfer to a public school. I felt this school was a waste of time and money. I did not get a superior education as advertised.

Posted May 18, 2007

I absolutely love this school! Unfortunately I can no longer afford it. But my daughter is soaring academically. They are very strict but it's a good thing. I'm going to miss this school I really am. I hope that the change is temporary because as soon as I can afford to send my children back to this school I will do it in a heartbeat! The children go on frequent field trips, the have music appreciation for sure. And my children have learned more about God than I ever taught them. The parents are very involved in their children's lives and that is important to me and it's the type of children I want my child attending school with. Calvary has been a blessing to our family!

Posted August 11, 2006

My son attended Calvary s Summer Kindergarten program, and though I've been extremely pleased with another Private School he's been attending during the regular school year, I was blown away by Calvary s faith based teachings, respect this school has instilled in the children and curriculum. My son is writing, reading and doing math beyond the Kinder level at his regular school. In addition, Calvary also teaches Spanish as part of the daily instruction during the regular school year! The staff, beginning from the office secretary Marianna to the Pastor were all always very approachable and sincere. My only objection about the school is the lofty cost. It s twice what I pay now for my son s private school, but my goodness, worth every dollar. We have only one chance in life to give our kids the best education possible and what a way it is at this superior school.

Posted April 13, 2006

it is a great school with discipline and character build up for the students. in which they not only learn the academics but also good manners and respect for others. very uncommon now in days.

Ethnicity This school
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff German
Korean
Spanish
Tagalog
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Wes Anderson
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (619) 591-2261

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • Direct instruction
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

Foreign languages spoken by staff

Performing arts
  • Creative writing
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom