PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

I feel the new principal ruined the school. He seems to care about money a bit too much, maybe that's why they starting incorporating common core (which is terrible, a step back) even teachers dislike it. There seems to be a different vibe now to the school where the kids of parents that donate and volunteer get special treatment. Wasn't like that before, before it felt like a big family now it feels separated. For the high monthly tuition there is too much book learning (memorizing) and not enough art, music, gardening, nutrition, sports or hands on learning. Just sit in a classroom all day and memorize. Oh he also made the school day longer and school lunches are extremely unhealthy, other than religion it seems just like a smaller public school.

The teachers and principals and headmaster work together to create a safe, warm, academic environment where students can learn, have fun, and grow to their best potential. The school uses the common-core to report to parents in the most accurate way where students glow and where they still need to grow. Instead of reporting a grade of 85% in Math or English the skills are taught and accessed and reported. Parents and teachers can then work together to help the student achieve their best for each skill. This school is fantastic, their star test results show phenomenal growth.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I don't think the teachers and the principal are honest! They tell the same thing to all the parents! Lol

This is not a good school. Their academics are bad. I'm transferring my kids to another school for next year. They did their assessment test on the new school and they were behind on math! Now they have to take summer school (math) to be on the same page next year on the new school. For the amount you pay on this school you would expect the opposite! They have common core which I don't like. How in the world does a private school having the option choose to have common core. Their teaching method is like they have a box and every child needs to fit in that box. They don't focus on the child, they focus on the method and if your child don't fit, so sorry! And finally they don't have good teachers! They are always moody and is like the don't enjoy their work! Believe me there are really good Christian private schools in the area for almost half of the price!

This school has a very bad community and has bad academics. I used to be here, and when I moved to a new school, I saw how behind this school was. There's no room for progression even if your student is in advanced math because of the teachers. There's only a handful that are good. The community is terrible. There is frequent bullying with no intervention by staff. People there are judgmental superficially and won't have fair discussions of other opinions. The community is very exclusive to staff children and those following social norms.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Despite teaching important values, the school doesn't reinforce them to the students. There's a lot of hypocrisy, mainly among students.

I hate to leave bad review but I feel the need to. Some staff and preschool teachers can be so rude and unfriendly that make you feel uncomfortable. I believe if this is a Christian school the atmosphere should be more pleasant. Kids are often mistreated. The preschool teachers seem unhappy and always moody. I will start searching for a new school. I am just not happy with the school performance.

This is a great school. My kids have been attending for a couple of years now and I have seen a positive change in their demeanor and confidence since they started attending. Like any school there are teachers that I don't care for but I would say 99% of the teachers really do love their jobs and love their students. They pray with them and help them if they are not understanding the lessons. The workload is challenging but their goal is not to just get them through high school but prepare them for college and to set them up not just to get into college but to succeed once they are there. It has been an overall positive experience. I would highly recommend this school.

The teachers and the administration work in complete partnership with the family to nurture the mind, body and soul of each student. I can't think of a safer or more nurturing school to entrust my child to each day.

My children have been attending preschool for two years and I absolutely love it. I teach in. public school and the atmosphere at CCA is so different. It's a small community that really seems to live what they preach. They have high academic standards and most teachers seem to really care. I decided to have my children continue their education here as long as our finances permit us to do so. I highly recommend their preschool and I really hope in a few years a can come back to this site to highly recommend education in other levels.

Last modified Calvary Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12