Citrus Heights, CA

Posted September 27, 2013
This school is a well-kept secret. I have placed my high-schooler at Valley Christian and I am impressed. The instructors have many years of experience and provide a flexible and responsive education for their students. Ever teacher knows each student and addresses them by name. It is a Christian school, but it serves all denominations and respects them. I have had a son at the most well known private high school in Sacramento, and have found an excellent quality education here as well. Unlike many of the charter schools, they have an excellent sports program and other extra-curricular activities. This school is not the newest that you will visit, but they make up for that in their experience and heart. One of the most striking sights at the school is a large and well groomed baseball field. It is hard to miss and is the center of the campus visually. It reminds me of the movie, "Field of Dreams." It serves as a statement of the wholesome greatness of the school.

Valley Christian Academy 2

Posted January 09, 2013
The love the teachers have for their students is apparent. Class sizes are not as small as advertised though. Foreign language doesn't start until high school, nor does technology or physical education. The school itself needs some work maintenance and building wise. Unfortunately most (if not all) of the teachers lack credentials as well. The student that commented that athletics is the main focus is correct, especially in terms of funding. The values and morals that are taught are amazing but the lack of classroom management and individualized attention makes the actual learning that takes place sub-par.

Posted September 08, 2009

Posted February 16, 2009
My family is so happy that we found this school! Our three children are enrolled, and we intend on staying thru their graduation. The staff are friendly, and obviously love the children. The teachers have become those I count as friends, and I have recommended this school to many people because I know the staff's integrity and heart.

Valley Christian Academy 3

Posted October 10, 2008

Valley Christian Academy 1

Posted September 26, 2008

Posted July 06, 2008
I attended VCA and I can honestly say that the staff did their very best to ensure that students were prepared to face the challenges they would face in life. I played basketball, baseball, and football (my senior year was the first season of the football program). Some may say that the school revolved around their sports programs, but coaches Gunter, Conroy, Borges, and Terry were as hard on us physically as well as educationally. If grades were slipping then players were not allowed to play. I am currently serving in the U.S. Navy and attending college at the Art Institute. The values and mental toughness I have gained form VCA have given me what I need to be a successful part of society. At VCA I acquired the tools to make myself a success.

Posted March 25, 2008
Go figure that the majority of bad reviews are written by disgruntled students !!!?? As a parent I have had both of my children in VCA for 10 years now. It is a small, loving, spiritually sound school. My children have maintained the ethics and morals that we have instilled in them at home because the same standard is upheld at VCA. This school loves children and will work with families who are struggling to keep their children there. I don't know of any other school willing to do that. Sure, it may not be the most modern, top of the line facility but we have all seen where looking good on the outside and having top of the line everything has gotten say,,,,,Paris, Lindsay, Brittany....I would Much rather have my kids being taught how to be honorable, loving, giving and of good character. Not many schools can offer that, b

Valley Christian Academy 0

Posted January 31, 2008
This is quite possibly the worst private school in the area. I attended Valley for my freshman and sophomore years and earned decent grades without doing much at all. The problem is that it is a school driven only by it's athletic program.

Valley Christian Academy 1

Posted October 19, 2007
Very questionable curriculum. I would not recommend this school. Teachers are not educated, and they do not prepare their students for college. and I do not think my parents would recommend it either.

Valley Christian Academy
7400 Whyte Avenue, Citrus Heights, CA  95621
Last modified Valley Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Valley Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top