Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My kinder and first grader just started. So far so good. I am really liking what I see so far. Mrs. Cornu and Mrs. Stuart are wonderful.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Cornu and Mrs. Stuart were both wonderful last year. It is obvious that Mrs. Cornu is an expert in teaching. She is a great teacher all around. Mrs. Stuart was the same. It is just awesome having great teachers who care about these kids. Mrs. Stuart was perfect for my son who struggled last year and had a tremendous amount of trouble due in part to his kinder teacher at a different school taking his behavior personally. He has social anxiety. Mrs. Stuart dealt with him in a very caring and professional way and he was able to get a lot out of the school year. I'm very happy that my younger child has her this year.

Awful, Awful Experience at this School! Enrolled my Child at this school a mth shy of her 5th Birthday! Going in I was nervous and told the teachers I had No problem whatsoever with her repeating Kindergarten if they felt it would benefit her! So, the yr came to an end and we all made the decision to have her repeat! With 2 years of Kindergarten under her belt, for 1st Grade, they decide to stick her in a K/1st! So, basically a 3rd yr of Kindergarten! Was Sooooooo Unhappy about that! The Principal is Beyond Awful! Told her my Daughter had a Seizure over Winter Break and was admitted into the Hospital and that we needed to get a Emergency Plan into place for staff and to please tell her teacher, she did NONE of these! In fact because she did NOT listen to me, I feel my Daughters life may have been in danger! She was Very Rude and Cold! Not very Kid Or Parent Friendly either! I am Sooooo Thankful I got my Child out of that School! Would Never recommend Arlington Heights to anyone!!!

Our child used to LOVE school, advanced in many areas, social, and thrives quickly in nearly all facets of life, yet by 3rd grade, she quickly lost motivation at this school. Unfortunately, the teachers (in our experience) spend more time with discipline and telling the students to be quiet than finding creative ways to control the learning environment. With 35 kids per class, that's nearly 35 times every 10 minutes, they are telling each kid to be quiet. If a child just plays tag at recess and touches another child, they will write he/she up as "aggressive, bullying behavior." (more than 8 families we know experienced this, too). Many children have cried being labeled like that by adults they respected. They have no flexibility with allowing young children to be young. This school was a big regret, and we're very happy to no longer go here. I'm sure there are great teachers, but we never experienced any. This school has a lot of older, impatient educators who have no grasp on how to make learning fun. We spent nearly 3 hrs. a day on learning in a fun way at home to make up for the lack of education from this school. Discovery Club(paid after school program)was awesome, though!

My daughter loves school and learning but does not get any support or enthusiasm from her current teacher, Ms. Blauser. I have heard nothing but negative things about this teacher and she actively avoids me when I am at the school . The principal is nice but not very proactive in helping to foster better relationships with the teachers and parents. The best teacher we had so far was Ms. Cornu, whom I wouldn't say gives you the warm fuzzies, but is excellent in keeping an organized class and letting the kids have the right amount of fun. Ms.Cornu really helped many of the students excel in the strong suits and helped in the problem areas. So far, not too impressed with the rest of the school.

At Arlington Heights Elementary School, the academic year started with enthusiasm and change while our school funding is at such a crisis level and limited resources morale may be at an all time low for many. However, at Arlington Heights hope remains for the future of our children. My daughter s teacher s haven faced the challenge of taking our "babies" from the nurturing introduction of education into the advancement of learning. This was done with encouragement in the process with discipline, knowledge and commitment the schools role and excitement about learning. The school implements a solid structure that is consistent with state standards, interesting and delivers our school district with excellence. Unfortunately, fundraising is extremely flat in our community. While this school has most children below poverty level it is still a darling, happy and positive place for them to spend their day learning. This is a perfect example where one can still see the charm and dedication at our neighborhood school. With an extraordinary school like Arlington Heights we are building a better future for our community and children one class at a time. My child considers her teachers as people to admire, respect and care for. We are fortunate. With extremely limited resources and very few extra curricular activities the teachers at this school have championed their efforts to succeed at educating our children as well as winning over the children's hearts.

My child has attended Arlington going on 4 years now. And my opinion the teachers are all wonderful. Miss Cornu,Mrs.Merritt ,Mrs.folger & Mrs. Beentjes Thank you ! And regarding the school is I feel it provides safe enviroment. Although I would like after school programs more affordable. I couldn't ask for a better place. Go Mustangs!!!!!

My kids (4th grade and 5th grade) have been attending this school for the past four years. We were sent to this school when our home school was closed by the district. We have been very happy at this school. The teachers are great and my kids are doing well. I wish there were more extra-curricular activities that were affordable or free (e.g., Bridges After School). I cannot afford to send my kids to the science camp activities because they are too expensive.

I believe a good schhol. My daughter has a been there 4 years. Most teachers there have been teaching for years which is great I think. I love the fact they have alot family events too.

My kids love Arlington! I feel really lucky to have them attend. As a PTC member I wish there were more parents that would get involved, but the volunteers that we have are great. The only thing I would like to see would be more extracurricular activites that are sponsored by the district and don't cost too much. The after-school programs offered are too expensive to have my three children all participate

Last modified Arlington Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.