Citrus Heights, CA

Posted April 02, 2014
I have placed my student in Cambridge Heights after her attending a different school in the same school district for 3 years. I researched the school before requesting enrollment and asked parents of other students enrolled about the overall performance and parent commitment to Cambridge Heights before my decision was made. I am so happy we have moved schools. The 4th grade teachers are phenomenal and have their students on very strict regiments based on their needs. They also offer educational field trips to go along with school studies. My 4th grader is finally being challenged in all academic areas, the parent participation is required and outstanding, and there is a feeling of overall community awareness in this school. I am very pleased to have made the hard decision to move our child and plan to keep her enrolled at Cambridge to finish out her elementary school education.

Posted January 28, 2014
This is a wonderful school. My son has been there for 3 years now and we love it. Its a bit of a drive for us, but I love the school so much I prefer the 10 minute drive than the 2-3 min drive to the other 3 schools surrounding us. The teachers, librarian, Principle are all great. Actually the whole staff is awesome. I often volunteer, as do most of the parents to earn your volunteer hours. Its a parent participation school. I would highly, and do often, recommend this school.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is an amazing school this is our first year and i am looking forward to another 5 years! Happy with the teachers and fun school activities! Glad i got my daughter in here!

Posted February 04, 2013
My daughter has been at Cambridge Heights since 1st grade. The teachers are helpful, creative, and maintain good communication with parents. When I help out in the class I see many of children participating in the class discussions. The school has several after school classes such as Band, Choir, Science club, and language classes. Very nice school.

Posted December 18, 2012
I am thrilled to have my 2nd grade daughter be a part of the Cambridge Heights family! She started attending mid-year in the 1st grade and has accelerated. She loves the Critical Literacy program and always looks forward to meeting, if not, exceeding her AR goals.

Posted September 21, 2012
When your child needs help they are swept under the rug. They also don't use their resource program like they should. Caddy, vindictive, they are money motivated, not postive role models to children that need it. They are quick to tell you bad but never tell you good. Horrible school. They say they are "like" a private school. It's funny how I pulled my son out of this school to be in a real private school. Teachers these days are nothing like they were. It's called work. DO IT!!

Posted September 21, 2012
This school is nothing but CPS narks that sit around and gossip. Tired of it. Ready to quit.

Posted July 30, 2012
Cambridge Heights has been a great school. Our son came in as a kindergartner, and is about to start first grade. The teachers that we have met have been very nice, and genuinely concerned with providing the students with the best possible education. (Have heard about one (2nd grade?) teacher that likes to yell a lot, but haven't witnessed it myself.) With the current budget crisis, teachers are forced to pay for much of the school materials themselves. However, this school has a fantastic Parent Faculty Club to help, and there is a lot of parent involvement in the classrooms. Of course, there are (and will be anywhere) cases of students that may not behave appropriately, but from our experience, they have been dealt with in a positive manner. Unfortunately, given the fact that this is a public school - there is only so much that one teach/principal can do; especially if the other parent has no interest in helping improve a situation.

Posted May 17, 2012
Cambridge Heights is a school where the teachers don't respect the children, bullying is ignored and the principal does nothing to improve the situation despite parent contact. I would nor recommend this school. Your child deserves better than being yelled at by teachers. Students are not listened to and no action taken when conflicts arise. There are other nearby schools which will foster a positive learning and social experience for your child. For their sake, please look into them befor you mistakingly send your child to Cambridge! Yes, I pulled my chiled out, but not until the damage was done.

Cambridge Heights Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2011
Great parent involvement and the teachers obviously care about their students. The new increased class size has impacted quality and the students (in our class anyway) are suffering for it. Makes for a hectic and loud environment and many of them are lost in class...wish there were fewer students or more aides/classroom help. Overall this school has more extra's to offer than most public schools and their hearts are in the right place.

Cambridge Heights Elementary School
5555 Fleetwood Drive, Citrus Heights, CA  95621
(916) 867-2000
Last modified Cambridge Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cambridge Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top