Posted June 03, 2014
This is an amazing school. I love the school plays, community involvement, parent participation and overall culture of the school. Its always nice to see and hear the students dance and sing throughout the day. Carriage makes learning fun.

Carriage Drive Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2014
Carriage is not all it is praised to be. The homework packets rhat are sent home are far too small and the work isn't challenging enough. At least for my 3rd and 4th graders. Check out the yet scores in both Math and English. They are dwindling every year. On top of the poor curriculum, my children are often upset by the fact that they do NOT offer the kids water during lunch, only milk and juice. The only water fountain is outside of the cafeteria in which they aren't allowed to drink from during lunch. Why they aren't given the freedom to have water is beyond me. As far as the Performing Arts quality, i would rather habe my lids in a school where they ate concentrating on their education. Dance should be an after schooI activity that is an earned privilege and another responsibility next to education. I DO NOT recommend this school, they are better schools than this in the area.

Posted February 03, 2014
Carriage is a great School...we just moved here from Colfax this year and I was concerned since there would now be many more students than what we were use to at Colfax. I was worried for nothing, My daughter just loves Carriage so much and has really flourished since we moved here. The teachers are wonderful and I adore the office staff so much, they are so kind and helpful. So far this has been a great school for my daughter.

Posted December 19, 2013
My kids have really flourished at Carriage. They have been good for academics as well as performing arts. They get to perform at the High School's theatre which is another plus. There is also some involvement with kids having buddies from higher grades. The Band that they have is exceptional, as well as the dance program as well (Both are done before school starts on selected days). The Band teacher is tremendous and he rountinely has a high percentage of players that end up making the honor band for the whole city (as many of the players start around 3rd grade, so by the time they are graduating they are quite advanced players). The band has three different levels, and advanced band players routinely aid in the beginning bands development. This school is just a great opportunity to have your kid start to find things that they enjoy and have the opportunity to grow in many areas.

Posted October 08, 2010
Carriage is a wonderful school. My oldest has been going there since Kinder and is now in the 6th grade. He has received an excellent education and loves going to school every day. His younger brother is in 2nd grade at Carriage now and also loves going to school. Carriage has the most dedicated and carring teachers as well as warm and friendly office staff. The principal is very aproachable and involved with the students. They all love her. The campus is extremely clean and safe, there is only one way in and out during school hours, all other entrances get locked. I do not know of any other school in this area that offers anywhere near the amount of programs that Carriage offers.

Carriage Drive Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
The emphasis on the Arts and the encouragement students receive to explore their artistic/creative sides

Posted February 03, 2009

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted September 05, 2008
i always heard great things about this Carriage and tried to transfer our son to it several times with no luck. we are lucky this year in that there was room for our child. he was assigned to a wonderful teacher who communicates extremely well, genuinely loves her students and has a passion for teaching. we are very happy to be here! they have a new principal that has the same qualities.

Carriage Drive Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2008

Carriage Drive Elementary School
7519 Carriage Drive, Citrus Heights, CA  95621
Last modified Carriage Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carriage Drive Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top