Posted October 09, 2014
I love my son's school! His teachers are very involved, especially the Kindergarten teacher he had last year, Mrs. Green! The Principal is always around, is very involved and always has a welcoming smile. This has been a great school for my son. It is challenging for him, although he has always been very advanced. I do wish that more parents were involved in extracurricular activities and fundraising, but I have to say that is our only qualm with the school.

Posted October 09, 2014
My kids love going to Citrus Heights Elementary. The teachers are involved beyond their job duties. My kids like getting a Jamba Juice on-site after school on Thursdays and they also like going to the movie nights that are held in the cafeteria every so often.

Posted October 28, 2013
My granddaughter attends Citrus Heights Elementary. I sat in on her Kindergarten class.The teacher engaged her students in alphabets and art activities with her teachers aide. Kids seemed to enjoy her class. Parents also assisted in classroom acting as aides for teacher. The kids followed classroom rules and their behavior was admirable.

Citrus Heights Elementary School 1

Posted September 11, 2013
There are a lot of issues with this school. I don't want to get to much into it right now as it is under investigation. The class sizes are 31 children per 1 teacher. I believe this is Ok in the classes with the older children but not in the classes with 4/5 year olds. There are not supervised enough in my opinion. I pulled my son out of this school with good reasons and will never allow him to attend our "home" school again. It is unfortunate that his first experience at school was a horrible one.

Posted June 02, 2013
The new principal has made a tremendous difference in our school. The new PTA team has out done themselves as well this year! The entire school community has thrieved this year! Next year will be even more amazing!

Posted May 12, 2013
I have 3 kids at this school. I have never seen such parent involvement as I have at this school. I have a son with Autism in the first grade and the help he gets is awesome. My two daughters are in the first and third grade and both have excellent teachers. I volunteer in three classrooms at this school and I see some of the most caring teachers and parent communication is the best I have ever seen out of three schools my kids have been at. The office staff knows me and my kids by name which is amazing for the number of students even though this is a smaller school. Finally we have a new principal this year (Mr Martinez). He is the pied piper when it comes to interacting with children. I have never seen a more hands on principal. He introduced himself to me his first day and he is always available to talk to a parent. We would live in a one room shanty to keep our kids at this school.

Posted October 15, 2012
i have 2 children that attend the school currently. Over the past 2 years of having my children here, I have enjoyed all experiences with the school and staff. All Staff is very freindly and welcoming. They have wonderful programs that help the children while challenging them.

Posted June 28, 2012
Great programs, activities, and opportunities for parent involvement. Staff really cares about all students. Parents feel welcome on campus during morning walk and monthly parent lunches. Principal Legarda is always visible and positive in interactions with students and supportive with staff and parents.

Citrus Heights Elementary School 2

Posted April 12, 2012
Some teachers are pretty good and do the best they can with what they have to work with. However, the principal is awful. My son is in first grade there and has had some behavior issues stemming from his ADHD and the fact he's 7 and doesn't feel the need to stay in (someone else's arbitrary) line. Even though he has been sent to the office a few times, even though I have had face to face time with her, she never recognizes us. It's a small school. She should know the students and families. When I asked her about the GATE program at the school she had no real information. I am looking to change schools so my child can be challenged. I have a lot of complaints about this school, too many to list here, so if you are considering this school, don't. Not worth it. We will move just so we can get in a better school (and school district).

Posted March 12, 2012
Citrus Heights Mission Statement: "Citrus Heights Elementary is an innovative family-focused neighborhood school where our inclusive learning community ensures each student acquires the foundational skills, strategies and personal qualities to thrive and compete in an ever-changing world through supportive, nurturing relationships and a challenging, relevant curriculum."

Citrus Heights Elementary School
7085 Auburn Boulevard, Citrus Heights, CA  95621
Last modified Citrus Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Citrus Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top