Citrus Heights, CA

Posted September 18, 2014
Rude! Uncaring! Office staff always looks as if they don't want to be there. Principal Caesar is really contributing to this schools failing reputation. Caesar has no excitement or pride for this school she is supposed to be in charge of. Good luck even finding her at the school. She won't care about any problem you have if she is need to talk to. Caesar has no respect for parent-principal communication.

Posted September 17, 2014
This school is extremely uninvolved in the children's education. The principal is never greeting parents or students. Office workers are extremely rude. Too many students in each class with only 1 teacher and no aide. Good luck talking to the principal, she doesn't ever seen to want/care to hear what the parents have to say. They are extremely understaffed and don't seem to be trying to get grants or do anything to help the school get better. Our kids need to be able to learn and have a teacher TEACH! If a student needs help the teacher doesn't have time to help. This school was really good a few years ago. This new principal needs to go!!! Get someone who cares and knows what they are doing.

Grand Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2013
I agree with the past posts 100% The people in the office are extremely RUDE!! Mrs. Casear is not involved in anything. I spoke with her once about a concern and she shunned me. She shows no interest in the children. The secreatary needs a class in etiquette!!!

Posted April 17, 2013
VERY unhappy with the principal. Mrs. Cesaer is extremely rude and uninvolved with the children. She is never seen in the mornings at the drop off interacting with the parents and students, unlike the previous principal. When she first came to the school almost two years ago now a lot of us parents didn't even physically see her till the school year was half over. She fails to give parents full information on things. For example, minimum days and the time of dismissal. If you try talking to her in regards to issues she is very rude and combative. She has even become loud to were you feel uncomfortable trying to discuss things with her any further. She is probably the worst principal we have ever come accross.

Posted December 17, 2012
I was warned before having to enroll my son into Grand Oaks about how terrible it was. We were denied our inter district transfer to a better school so my children are stuck here. The people in the office (including the principal) are rude, disrespectful and haven't a caring bone in their body. The school is unsafe, there is no supervision of the students. I HATE having to send my son to school everyday. What's worst is San Juan Unified School district is FORCING us to send my children here and my daughter starts kindergarten next year. DO WHAT YOU CAN TO GET YOUR CHILDREN AS FAR AWAY FROM GRAND OAKS AS YOU CAN.

Posted January 10, 2011
I strongly disagree with the previous comments made. I have been amazed by ms Gaskins wonderful repoire with the children. I am the mother of 3 children who attend Grand Oaks. One has asperges syndrome and came to the school after being home schooled due to the horrible mistreatment of special needs children at his previous school. We came late in the year but my sons needs were IMMEDIATELY addressed. Mrs Gaskin never made me feel like a burden and was always open to my concerns. This year we also found out my 7 year old has celiacs which is a complete allergy to gluten. Though she thrives academically she missed a lot of school. Mrs. Gaskin and the staff were all so wonderful at helping us through a difficult and scary time. we did not know what was wrong for a while but we were always met with support and concern. Lastly I have a completely normal child, with no extra needs or problems. She excels academically and is physically healthy. Her needs are also met and she is always challenged. For the life of me I can not understand how anyone can see the staff at Grand Oaks as anything but competent and performing above and beyond what is required.

Posted July 08, 2010
Agree completely with previous comments. Former Principal Christine Petroni ran this school like a well oiled machine. After her departure, instead of utilizing an experienced teacher,, the district chose an embittered superintendent fired from her former position. Not a rational choice. SJUSD, YOU should have done your homework! Many parents , including us, are taking our children elsewhere.

Posted June 03, 2010
Back in 2008 when these previous review were written, this school was under better leadership. As of 2009-2010 school year, Gran Oaks has hit rock bottom. Between the bickering teachers and very poor quality principal, goodluck having your child's educational needs met! Highly recommend going elsewhere!

Posted June 16, 2008
Very Careing Teacher's and a terrific after school program. Many of the parents however do not participate in any school functions and seem to just let their children navigate on their own. There are some really badly behaved children because of this situation, that the teacher's seem unable to get any parent's assistance or cooperation. I love the teachers, staff and after school staff.

Posted January 09, 2008
My daughter absolutely loves this school. She was teased at another school and Here they have a no tolerance policy.

Grand Oaks Elementary School
7901 Rosswood Drive, Citrus Heights, CA  95621
Last modified Grand Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grand Oaks Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top