Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I have only experienced two teachers. Math teacher was terrible. I can't remember the other one, but she was okay.

Amount of homework: Disagree

7th grade math homework should amount to more than random worksheets and telling parents they are reviewing much lower math because other students are struggling.

Math teacher for 7th grade needs much more structure, support, and better planning including goals. The class seems extremely unorganized as far as what is being taught on a daily basis. LIke the previous parent, I requested a heads up on upcoming tests and assignments. I was directed to the zangle site. Teachers did not up date it, so it was not useful at all. Unfortunately we are still attending at Lichen, but I have a great feeling about Mrs. Malone who teaches Math. Another issue here is bullying. The best that happens is the principle gets involved, which I think is great. Behavior is something related to home and tends to be a family or parent issue that comes to school. The principal is great though. I like his style of dealing with the issue.

Our son just entered 7th grade and was an honor roll student all of last year however this year, he has fallen off the mark due to the lack of interest from his teachers. At the beginning of the school year at the parent teachers conference, we specifically asked for a heads up on upcoming tests so that we could better structure our son's study schedule. They agreed, took notes and we have yet to receive any notifications of any tests since then. I had even sent a reminder after Christmas break and still nothing! Pathetic!

i went to this school from K-7 and i was bully everyday i went there. this school was bad. my 7th grade teacher hated me for no reason. i lost hope iin everything in my life. in my opinion this school sucks. i hated when i went there and istill hate now.

My two children attend Lichen. The best thing about Lichen are the teachers and there music program. My children are now in 7 and 8th grade, I did not want them to go to Syvan. I've heard such bad things about them. I here there are a lot of drugs and disapline problems. I prefer my children be safe and they are at Lichen.

Not a good school for 7th or 8th grade. Teachers are limited. No extra-curricular. Too much brow-beating going on under the guise of "preparation for high school." Kids are just beaten down and lose interest and hope. Although the principal is great - the teachers don't follow her leadership nor do they have her level of dedication to the students. The lower grades teachers - many of them are good - a few are not and should not even be still teaching there after numerous complaints years ago.

I have four kids in my family from KG through 6th grade going to this school.All the kids are doing well in studies. Academically and discipline wise its a good school. Teachers are caring, hardworkers and keep us informed about kids progress time to time. I recommend this school to other parants as I didn't observe any negative aspect of this school in last 10 years period.

This reviewer got it right. It is 2010 and the same problems still exist in the 7th & 8th grade. While it is a cut above sending your kids to Sylvan Middle School (shudder) - it will not get your kids ready for high school. The AVID concepts that are supposed to be embedded in the curriculum are nowhere to be seen. My sister was an AVID teacher - they don't trash kids!

lichen is a great school. the teachers are terrific. I have 3 kids at Lichen and would recommend the school to everyone.

Last modified Lichen K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.