Citrus Heights, CA

Posted March 19, 2015
This school is terrible. The class sizes are too large and they even combine multiple grades together in the same classroom. On the subject of the teachers, I cannot speak for them all but I can say that our childs teacher should 100% not be molding the minds of the future generation.

Posted October 05, 2014
My son started this year at Mariposa and I'm not impressed with the 3rd grade teacher. Lack of communication and the curriculum is terrible! I will be looking to enroll him into another school.

Posted September 24, 2013
My child attended this school for several years. The teachers and staff are caring but parental involvement is virtually non-existent outside the same core group that pretty much does everything. At lunch time, if 1 student breaks a rule ALL the kids are 'curbed' (made to sit out recess) for what little recess time they may have left after eating. as it seems they do not have the staff to deal with the kids individually.

Mariposa Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted August 29, 2013
This is a great school. After reading reviews I was a little worried, but my daughter loves it and so do I. My daughter told me after school there's no bullies at this school like Pioneer. We love the idea of Jamba Juice Thursdays and popcorn Fridays for wearing a blue or school pride shirt. Makes kids excited to represent their school. So much more to this school then what you can read about.

Posted June 01, 2012
this school is not a great school the principle is not fair . my sister has been bullied all year and finally she stood up to the bully and shes the one to get into trouble not the bully... NOT kool if ur gonna punish one u need to punish the other .....

Posted March 10, 2008
My child has attended this school for 3 years now. The teachers we have had have been the best and only good part of that school, but unfortunately not enough to make up for what the rest of the school lacks. One is the lack of communication to parents when there are emergency evacuations and lockdowns. There have been 3 this year alone and I was not notified of any. After the first one I made sure that my emergency contact information was correct and it was. The only response I got from the office staff was that there are some glitches in the system and they are trying to work them out. Unfortunately I do not see how this is acceptable. It's one thing to not be reminded of a PTA meeting, but it is a completely different issue when I am not notified of my child been evacuated.

Posted May 03, 2007
My child had attended this school for 4 years now and though the school itself is good, my child has not received adequate support from teachers. They are quick to judge and not willing to let my child exceed his reading level. The teachers need to be more willing to let children exceed standards instead of force standards that are below my child's ability.

Mariposa Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted August 31, 2006
This school is excellent. My daughter has attended for 3 years consecutively & now her fourth. All her previous teachers have been seasoned experienced caring nurturing wonderful teachers. The staff & pta & teachers all seem dedicated to the children's overall performance & welfare. Great school!

Mariposa Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2005
I think this is a great school. the teachers have been excelent. My children have enjoyed attending there.

Mariposa Avenue Elementary School
7940 Mariposa Avenue, Citrus Heights, CA  95610
Last modified Mariposa Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mariposa Avenue Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top