Citrus Heights, CA

Posted September 04, 2014
My son is a sophmore at MV and has an excellent rapport with his teachers. His goal to get good grades, attend college, and join the Coast Guard. Open house was a great experience for us... I was disappointed in not seeing more parents involved by visiting their children's classroom. Their new principal, Mr. Bross is very excited about "Common Core," making sure students strive for a college education, and seems motivated to take MV to the next level with the support from students, parents, faculty, and SJUSD. I believe "we" can do it.

Mesa Verde High School 1

Posted January 08, 2014
Beautiful campus, but the counselors act like they have so many students to tend to and wont let you see your personal counselor when you need them. They look at you like you are the dumbest student ever and say you better come back another time! It's High school and we are graduating very soon, my older sister is a senior who just moved in after winter break and it is chaotic for her. They lack support for new students, any student for that matter. 90% of students have already made friends and wont make new ones, closed off to new people. They definitely don't want to help new students, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN! Even counselors can't help, they will get you a student to tour you but that student will just take you back and forth to your classes and leave you. Awful place, I do not reccomend to anyone especially new students in need of friends! Teachers target you, students shrug you off.

Posted August 01, 2013
My son feels very comfortable at this school . He has done very well there so far

Mesa Verde High School 4

Posted October 30, 2012
I checked out high schools in our area not on line but in person. I talked to office staff, teachers and students and met with the supervisor of admissions for San Juan 3 times. Mesa Verde is a smaller student body of about 1000 ,has a wonderful link crew that welcomes ninth graders, a very nice campus with Wi-Fi,a fairly new library,a credit union staffed by business students,a recycling center,a little art gallery and a program working with the elementary students next to them as well as a awesome drama program.My daughter loves it there, she does not see any clicks, (like the movies) or any picking on freshmen,mostly kids that are ok with being different and being smart. The office staff is wonderful. One of the teachers called me to say my parenting skills were reflected in my daughter, she e- mailed her to ask about homework because she went to see a play on a field trip for another class. That's a great teacher to take her time to call me. This school has pride and spirit many students wear the school attire and you will hear GO MAV'S ! My A student is sure to also have fun here at MESA VERDE.

Posted December 29, 2010
my brother attends mesa verde and he is doing GREAT! He is involved in everything including sports (cross country and tennis) to yearbook and the choir. He maintained a 4.0 while running cross country. He is a great student and he could only do it because of the wonderful staff and councelers. A special shout-out to Mr.Beisanz, the yearbook and freshmen english teacher. Also, if your daughter/son is going into their freshmen year, make sure they have Mr.Beisanz for english. If they are thinking about sports and they like to run, then encourage them to run cross country. Ms.Gusscinni is a wonderful coach. She will also help them in their academic problems. If you are one of those parents who think Mesa is a bad school, don't send your kid to a private school. First, try Mesa and if it doesn;t work out, then send your child to a private or charter school.

Mesa Verde High School 0

Posted February 04, 2010
I think this scool is really great because, my son who is in the 10th grade really likes it. He is getting really good grades here.

Posted October 03, 2009
The staff really cares about the students and the community.

Posted July 06, 2009

Posted January 25, 2009

Mesa Verde High School 2

Posted December 16, 2008

Mesa Verde High School
7501 Carriage Drive, Citrus Heights, CA  95621
Last modified Mesa Verde High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mesa Verde High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top