744 students|San Juan Unified

Bad
Good

Posted May 12, 2014
My school is San Juan and I love it!!!!!!!!!! The teachers are great. That we have soo much enegry from different students&staff. my school shouldn't imporve.

Posted November 25, 2013
I'm a freshman this year and so far, I love this school! We have all of the pathways within the freshman wheel and each pathway makes me want to take it because it shows how much you can benefit in life from it. This year is the first year of the freshman academy and I feel it has helped me with my transition from middle school to high school. Some students come for a few weeks, decide they don't like it, and transfer schools. At first, I didn't like it, but I gave it time and now I love it. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. My friends all tell me I'm going to the "ghetto school" and then they tell me about their school and the things they tell me would never happen at SJHS. All of the teachers in the freshman academy want to see you succeed and are invested for it to happen. If you ever need help or feel like you're falling behind, the teachers are willing to help you get back on track and do all they can to do it. Out of all of my teachers, we only have one that's not-so-great. If you stay quiet and basically be a nobody in that class you're fine. Otherwise, you better be Hispanic or he will not. Like. You. And he will make it obvious.

San Juan High School 1

Posted September 08, 2013
I have go to san juan for a couple weeks now and i hate it. You dont learn a thing. You have to teach your self. The teaches are lazy. So i switching to bella vista. I would strongly suggest not to put your child onto san juan. It will not help them get into collage at all. Theres 10 classes you take every day the periods are 30 mins long.

San Juan High School 2

Posted October 12, 2011
I graduated from SJHS. Overall, the teachers were really great, and were invested in the progress of the students. Unfortunately, the needs of the students there were so great, there was no way to help each and every student. To be honest, I was able to get through this high school not having done any homework the entire time and still attained good grades. This doesn't speak well of the importance placed on academics in the school. Going to the school was about surviving it, not learning. The school was very multicultural when I was there, which could have been a great asset, but I don't think the school knew or was able to bring everyone together. I was hoping to see that things had improved there, but based on the test score ratings, it hasn't. I would NEVER send my child there, regardless of how the the staff was. The student population was the issue in my opinion.

Posted November 11, 2010
I graduated from SJHS. I loved this school. It had the small school feel with all the extra curricular classes. The teachers are very passionate. The only bad experience I had was with my French/English teacher. The teachers were so caring, giving and patient. Even with students that did not deserve it. I wouldn't have traded my experience there for anything!

Posted July 14, 2010
I am a freshman at NSJHS and I love it. My home school is Rio Americano but my family members that attended this school loved it and had lots of positive things to say about it.This school is amazing and the new look great. Not very good athletics but every thing else is good.

Posted May 25, 2010
My son is incredibly happy at New San Juan High School. We open enrolled there for their new and innovative programs along with the 21st Century Skills, and have found many students there whose home schools are Mesa Verde, Rio Americano, Del Campo, Bella Vista, etc. but they also chose to attend NSJHS. In the 18 plus years my kids have been attending public schools I find the teachers at NSJHS to be the best, they are so involved with the students and give so much of their time to help the students excel. I can email a teacher and usually have a response within an hour or two. The Culinary Academy at NSJHS with its new $6.4 million dollar Culinary building is really outstanding and has a statewide reputation for excellence. I would rate the whole staff from the principal on down as a 10 plus out of 10!

Posted May 18, 2009
As a parent i must say This high school San Juan is on top of all their students. My daughter goes to school there and i had no idea that she was missing so much school, She now lives with me,she needs lots of support and with the help of San Juan's staff i am sure next year will be a better yr. Big Ed is always there for the kids and he cares along with Mr.Johnson and my daughters counselor Mickey. thank you for your fast swift actions.

Posted November 06, 2008
I am A senior at this school, not only that but i am very involved in it, i run the blood drives and i am the rally commissioner, and i must say i love going to san juan. It does lack a few extra students but that just makes everyone closer, i have a special relationship with all my teachers which allows me to joke around and have fun with them, and aside from that they are great teachers. I strongly dislike when i hear negative about SJHS, but thats why i got involved in student government, to make an improvement and i gotta tell you, its getting better and better day by day.

San Juan High School

Posted October 31, 2008
Very good school my son attends san juan high school and he really likes it. He has attended rio linda high and he thinks that san juan is a better school and better teachers doing alot better in school then he did at rio linda high. Thank you for all the great teachers and children that attend at san juan you are making a big change for him he now does all his work and goes to school eveyday because its a better inviorment,so again thank you for all your support,have a good rest of the year

San Juan High School
7551 Greenback Lane, Citrus Heights, CA  95610-5614
Last modified San Juan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.