Citrus Heights, CA

Skycrest Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2014
my daughter has been going here for 3 years now and the teachers are very impolite they told me that my daughter "wasn't like the other kids"and needed to be a "smarter kid " and learn lessons faster.my daughter has been bullied over and over and over again, and not just by kids but by teachers for example{real story}my daughter was dumping her tray and a totally different person dropped a milk carton and an impolite yard duty said "HEY YOU PICK THAT UP RIGHT NOW YOU STUBBORN YOUNG LADY!"AND Another teacher SCREAMED at her about talking to loud and made her clean the teachers classroom while missing her recess. I would think 10 times before putting your'e child in this school

Skycrest Elementary School 1

Posted August 21, 2012
My son is in K and his first time in a real school. This school is lacking comunication with the parents, and lacking teachers to help. No sure who decided to change the start time to 8:45 when most people start there jobs a 8am. No teacher supper vision till after 8:15 and kids can't go play until 8:30. They expect us to leave our little ones in a cafateria with a bunch of older kids and 1 teacher to watch all. I'm in jepordy of loosing my job because I don't feel that this school has the abilityt to watch a K student until the teacher opens her door at 8:45. I am now looking into pulling my kid from this school and going else where or private if I have to. Soooo don't recomend this school

Skycrest Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
I for one happen to have had a son just finish at Skycrest and it was a great experience with a great staff. The teachers my son had and now my daughter has have been awsome especially under very difficult budget years. Neither my daughter nor my son has had any serious problems with bullies. Life skills must be taught at home and that includes dealing with difficult peers and teachers. I teach my kids to be proactive and be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. It seems to me that many parents today expect the school and staff to parent their children, when this should be done at home. It is easy for folks to play the blame game instead of being responsible and involved through volunteering their time and staying engaged.

Skycrest Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2011
My special needs child was told by the principal to eliminate his physical ticks so to look like "normal" kids. I was told this by the principal as well as my child. Leaders here need to be schooled on what makes a special needs child a SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD. The bullies here don't get that much attention and there are bullies as you'd have to be blind or have your heads in the clouds not to see that unless of course your child is one of the kids doing the bullying and in that case it is just a bad case of denial. I do not ever recommend this school's SDC program for special needs. Kids here are too cruel and they cannot keep quality staffing.

Skycrest Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2011
I have a third grade daughter who gets bullied daily by a classmate and although the administrators are wonderful, the child in question belongs to a favorite parent of the staff so not much is acknowledged in that department unless the infraction is against that parent's child. We are choosing another school next year. Let the bully be someone else's problem next year. I am sure my daughter is not the first victim.

Posted April 01, 2011
Skycrest Elementary School is an excellent school. My daughter has been attending Skycrest for 2 years, all her teachers (previous and present) are great. I have been very happy with the progress of my daughter's education and how engaged the teachers are with the kids, so as their wonderful principal and vice principal. The school communicates through e-mail, meetings, parent teacher conferences and newsletters. The school has high percentage of parent involvement. In Skyrest the principal, vice principal and all the teachers are great, they will really spend time to talk to you.

Skycrest Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2010
Skycrest Elem. is okay. Though I believe some teachers were showing favoritism and there is no particular fun activities in Skycrest, I believe that every Friday the kids go to the Starbucks store and get some tickets, but teachers do not really get concerned when a student has a problem. Usually, there are some mean bullies trying to tease my children.

Posted May 05, 2009
All of my 4 children have and are attending Skycrest.It has been 9 consecutive years now and my youngest daughter will be there another 5 years.Skycrest is an excellent school in all categories.The staff and principal set a great standard and I am proud to be a part of their school.

Skycrest Elementary School 0

Posted February 01, 2009
This is my child's first year at Skycrest and I have not had any positive experiences with this school. The educational program is inferior and has failed to provide my child with a quality experience. I will be moving out of thid district before the new school year!

Posted January 04, 2009
For the funding a public school receive these days Skycrest does a great job of balancing sport, the arts, as well as recognizing and challenging those individual children with educational skills. Kids good at science, math or language skills are not held to the pace of the whole class. The child is individually given more challenging work in those areas they excel in. After 7 years MY challenge is now to find a middle school that can match this attention to detail.

Skycrest Elementary School
5641 Mariposa Avenue, Citrus Heights, CA  95610
(916) 867-2098
Last modified Skycrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skycrest Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top