Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Skycrest Elementary School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 11, 2015
Ms Loper is Vice Principal and worked as a teacher for many years at the school She is understanding with the students but firm with discipline

Skycrest Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2015
I have a child with ASD & SPD. This school gets it! My son is thriving. So glad we moved from Arizona to get him in the right kind of program. My son is reading on grade level and is now understanding math. Having teachers that don't discipline him for things he can't control has been life changing for him. I don't know if the principal is new this year 2015/2016 but we love her! She has been nothing but welcoming to me and my son. My sons teacher communicates with me daily and makes sure my son is happy and not bullied. There are some tuff kids at this school who don't seem to have learned manners or respect for others from home and get dropped off with no supper vision 30+ minutes before the school opens. (I'm their early with my son everyday. I wait with him) This is not the schools fault. Parents need to take some responsibility for their kids.

Posted June 16, 2015
I went to this school as a child and I've seen what it's like now and not much has changed. The staff doesn't know how to handle bullying nor do they communicate with parents when it's going on, on top of it all the curriculum is pure indoctrination.. it's safer just to home school your children.

Skycrest Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2014
my daughter has been going here for 3 years now and the teachers are very impolite they told me that my daughter "wasn't like the other kids"and needed to be a "smarter kid " and learn lessons faster.my daughter has been bullied over and over and over again, and not just by kids but by teachers for example{real story}my daughter was dumping her tray and a totally different person dropped a milk carton and an impolite yard duty said "HEY YOU PICK THAT UP RIGHT NOW YOU STUBBORN YOUNG LADY!"AND Another teacher SCREAMED at her about talking to loud and made her clean the teachers classroom while missing her recess. I would think 10 times before putting your'e child in this school

Skycrest Elementary School 1

Posted August 21, 2012
My son is in K and his first time in a real school. This school is lacking comunication with the parents, and lacking teachers to help. No sure who decided to change the start time to 8:45 when most people start there jobs a 8am. No teacher supper vision till after 8:15 and kids can't go play until 8:30. They expect us to leave our little ones in a cafateria with a bunch of older kids and 1 teacher to watch all. I'm in jepordy of loosing my job because I don't feel that this school has the abilityt to watch a K student until the teacher opens her door at 8:45. I am now looking into pulling my kid from this school and going else where or private if I have to. Soooo don't recomend this school

Skycrest Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
I for one happen to have had a son just finish at Skycrest and it was a great experience with a great staff. The teachers my son had and now my daughter has have been awsome especially under very difficult budget years. Neither my daughter nor my son has had any serious problems with bullies. Life skills must be taught at home and that includes dealing with difficult peers and teachers. I teach my kids to be proactive and be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. It seems to me that many parents today expect the school and staff to parent their children, when this should be done at home. It is easy for folks to play the blame game instead of being responsible and involved through volunteering their time and staying engaged.

Posted June 23, 2011
My special needs child was told by the principal to eliminate his physical ticks so to look like "normal" kids. I was told this by the principal as well as my child. Leaders here need to be schooled on what makes a special needs child a SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD. The bullies here don't get that much attention and there are bullies as you'd have to be blind or have your heads in the clouds not to see that unless of course your child is one of the kids doing the bullying and in that case it is just a bad case of denial. I do not ever recommend this school's SDC program for special needs. Kids here are too cruel and they cannot keep quality staffing.

Skycrest Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2011
I have a third grade daughter who gets bullied daily by a classmate and although the administrators are wonderful, the child in question belongs to a favorite parent of the staff so not much is acknowledged in that department unless the infraction is against that parent's child. We are choosing another school next year. Let the bully be someone else's problem next year. I am sure my daughter is not the first victim.

Skycrest Elementary School 5

Posted April 01, 2011
Skycrest Elementary School is an excellent school. My daughter has been attending Skycrest for 2 years, all her teachers (previous and present) are great. I have been very happy with the progress of my daughter's education and how engaged the teachers are with the kids, so as their wonderful principal and vice principal. The school communicates through e-mail, meetings, parent teacher conferences and newsletters. The school has high percentage of parent involvement. In Skyrest the principal, vice principal and all the teachers are great, they will really spend time to talk to you.

Posted January 20, 2010
Skycrest Elem. is okay. Though I believe some teachers were showing favoritism and there is no particular fun activities in Skycrest, I believe that every Friday the kids go to the Starbucks store and get some tickets, but teachers do not really get concerned when a student has a problem. Usually, there are some mean bullies trying to tease my children.

Skycrest Elementary School
5641 Mariposa Avenue, Citrus Heights, CA  95610-7441
(916) 867-2098
Last modified Skycrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skycrest Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top