Citrus Heights, CA

Sylvan Middle School 3

Posted January 01, 2014
This school is good but bad. About three teachers ruin this school.. If your on the honor role and avid, you should get a really good education, if your not, hope you don't get the teachers that scream at you and don't teach you.

Posted March 31, 2013
this is the worst school i could have sent my child to. when i went to sylvan the teachers talked the parents and cared for the students now im referred to a website that is never updated. i know teachers dont make much money but they choose their cereer path and they should follow through and help our kids. strait A's to F's what a sad school

Posted March 31, 2013
my son was a honor role student his whole school career until he started at sylvan and now we are lucky he brings home a D. this is the worst school for middle schoolers in the area.

Sylvan Middle School 4

Posted April 17, 2012
ThIs school is not bad at all they have increase the safety and the teachers great dont listen to the bad comments they were wriiten years ago it has changed alot and its getting redone soon. also i'm in avid and its helping a lot with grades and help with homework i would recommend this school to anyone

Posted February 05, 2011
I am a student attending Sylvan Middle School, and I must say it is doing a fine job in teaching me not only the subject of that class, but other important life lessons as well. I can guarantee my own safety and I am certain that I will leave Sylvan knowing I can have a bright future. The principal is not a nice man however.

Posted December 29, 2010
i am a student at sylvan middle school and i can tell you that this is a great school. I wasn't so sure about it at first, but then I felt very welcome by all the teachers. I am a 4.0, straight-a student and i am also in AVID and HA classes. I do not feel any uncertainty about my safety. If your child is not getting good grades at sylvan, then send them to the counseler, Ms.Nancy. She is a very nice lady who helps you and guides you to success. I would definetely recommend your child/children to go to this school.

Posted March 11, 2010
Despite the new principal - Sylvan remains an unsafe school and an unlikely place for your child to get a good education. There is very little parent involvement. Judging from the class of students - it is not surprising. The parents don't care and it is reflected in their kids. If you can manage to get a kid through this school with a decent education and no battle scars - it would be a miracle. The overgrown vegetation at the back is a magnet for inappropriate sexual behavior and drug use on campus. Despite being notified of this - they rely on the District to cut down the bushes. Needless to say - the San Juan District is a complete failure. If you can send your kid anywhere else - do so.

Sylvan Middle School 4

Posted September 14, 2009
Sylvan Middle School has committed teachers that have been teaching at Sylvan for many many years. The are truly dedicated to making sure each child makes the most of his/her education. The principal, Mr. Banks, is a wonderful new addition to the staff who has made it his mission to improve the standard of education at Sylvan Middle School despite the State budget and funding. Sylvan staff work together with parents to ensure each child gets the attention and resources they need to be successful. I truly enjoy being a part of the Sylvan Middle School family.

Sylvan Middle School

Posted October 19, 2008
I have a daughter in the HA and AVID programs at Sylvan. We love this school. Her teachers are enthusiastic about teaching and very helpful when a parent has questions. I believe that having a positive school experience starts in the home...if a parent is focused and excited about their child's education, then the child will be too.

Posted August 25, 2007
Sylvan is an excellant school. The staff at Syvan are very helpful. You get a fast and friendly response if you have a question regarding you son/daughter. The teachers are also wonderful, very focused on your child. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Sylvan Middle School
7137 Auburn Boulevard, Citrus Heights, CA  95610
Last modified Sylvan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sylvan Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top