Citrus Heights, CA

Holy Family Catholic School 1

Posted November 09, 2011
I agree 100% that HFS has plummeted. I don't think it was great to begin with. This is why I took my son out. Didn't take him to St. Mel's either. My Spouse went to St. Rose in Roseville back in the 70's and he was behind when he entered High School. I won't name the HS but lets just say you have to take an entrance exam to get in the HS. Hmm.. seems like there's a theme to these schools...Lacking in education but paying out the nose and fundraising in our sleep! Ha, ha. For a school that focuses more on disciplining and religion than education, I am blown also, blown away how the school still manages to allow the bully kids to stay enrolled. Oh, yes, money! Bottom line, I was very disappointed with the academics.

Posted March 07, 2011
I am a single mother and broke my back to send my only son to HFS for 9 years and could not have made a better investment. HFS is more than an education. It is an extended village of women and men who care deeply for the success of the whole child spiritually and academically. Worth every penny.

Holy Family Catholic School 2

Posted November 02, 2010
Unfortunately, this school has plummeted ever since the arrival of the new principal. Teachers spend very little time teaching (many show movies daily), as the majority of the focus has been on fundraising. The community has become unwelcoming and racially divided, and input is only received from select parents. Though this option is better than a public school, it isn't much.

Holy Family Catholic School 5

Posted April 14, 2010
Holy Family School truly is about teaching children- academics of course, but also the importance of family, friendships and service to others. Our students learn at an early age about giving back to the community and how to be good Christian citizens to everyone around us. The teachers, staff, and principal truly care about all of the students and it is exemplified in their involvement with the many after school/extra curricular activities. Holy Family School truly creates a family environment. I highly recommend this school to anyone with elementary school children.

Holy Family Catholic School 0

Posted March 04, 2010
We have neighbors in public schools and the cirriculum and teacher as well as parent involvement do not compare to the public enviroment. I would recommend this school to anyone, and continue to have my daughter and soon second daughter go here. The changes are due to the economic times, the public shools are in much worse shape.

Posted March 03, 2010
The school is going through alot of changes, but they are for the better. We have a great new principal. He truly cares about the children of Holy Family School. Yes, there will be only one class per grade, but that is the trend now in Catholic Schools. We just happen to lucky and frankly, spoiled, to have 2 classes per grade. It is a great environment for the children and all the changes being made are IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILDREN/

Holy Family Catholic School 2

Posted February 26, 2010
This school is going through a lot of changes and I would not recommend placing you child here. The class size is going to 40 students, one class per grade. Don't waste you money.

Posted November 04, 2009
I currently have a fifth grader attending Holy Family. I am very pleased with the teacher, as well as the curriculum. Unfortunately, I can't say the same comment for the prior year. Fourth grade was an awful year, not only was the teaching below par, the atmosphere the fourth grade teachers created was dismal at best. I'm hoping that the coming academic years will not have the same quality of educators. If fifth grade is any indication, then we are here to stay!

Holy Family Catholic School 5

Posted September 06, 2008
I love this school...it's like a close knit family!!

Holy Family Catholic School 0

Posted May 01, 2008
Holy Family is awesome! You get what you pay for in schooling these days and by paying Holy Family Schools reasonble tuition your child has a chance to learn with some of the premier minds in young Northern California. Do not let your childs mind rot in public school! Catholic or not let Holy Family has it all.

Holy Family Catholic School
7817 Old Auburn Road, Citrus Heights, CA  95610
Last modified Holy Family Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Holy Family Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top