K-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

From a former St. Mark's student: St. Mark's taught me how to practice good study skills and taught me about priorities. St. Mark's taught me that school is a top priority along with God's Word and family. Thanks to that wonderful life lesson I can confidently say I have only ever had one B in my entire high school career (it was an 89.4%! I was so close to an A). During my time at St. Mark's, I also learned about the importance of morals. In high school, as much as I hate to say it, we face a lot of unnecessary drama and tough choices. But my morals were built on such a strong foundation of God's Word and knowing right from wrong that all that drama and all those tough decisions have been such a breeze for me because I learned how to say no and be strong in my morally right decisions. Fortunately, I have never really been faced with tough decisions like those because I set a strong willed reputation for myself and hold myself to a high standard and people know that so they don't even bother trying. And it brings me all the joy in the world to say that those moral foundations were built at St. Mark's. God's Word has given me the strength to be confident in myself and never give into the peer pressure. St. Mark's has also taught me the value of giving my all in sports. I would not have ever been as successful as I am in volleyball if it weren't for the early coaching I received. St. Mark's helped me realize my God given abilities and how I should use them to the fullest to represent him. There is always more I could say, but I really thought you should know the impact St. Mark's had on my life and the person I am today. Especially my 7th and 8th grade years. You are doing an awesome job with your students, whether they are young or old. Thank you for making such an impact on my life and making an excellent learning and growing school environment such as St. Mark's.
April 19, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 19, 2016

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. Mark's develops honesty, integrity, and fairness in several ways. First, the faculty models this behavior in an ongoing way. They are not (quite, ha!) perfect, but they model the behaviors and the students see these values lived every day. Second is the leadership structure, which holds faculty, students, and families accountable to a set of practices that support these values.

Both of our children attend St. Mark's and have since PreK. This year, our oldest will graduate from the 8th grade, so we've had a chance to see St. Mark's at every grade level. The St. Mark's difference lies with the faculty and the benefits of being in a Christian school. The entire faculty are not only top notch educators, but are Christian people who love and care about these children as God's own creations. This means that hour by hour, day by day, the students not only receive a superior academic education, but also a life training and character modelling example.

Both of my daughters attend St. Mark's from K-8th grade. I was looking for a private Christian school that would teach them wisdom as well as knowledge. St. Mark's exceeded my expectations in both areas. Both went on to public high schools where their knowledge and study habits set them apart from other students. Their teachers in high school were impressed with their discipline and respectful attitudes. But the best part was their biblical knowledge. Not only did they have Bible verses hidden in their hearts (which they can still recite to this day), but they have a clear understanding of who Jesus is and what He has done for them. Their love for their Savior is still evident in their lives today. St. Mark's instilled in them lasting qualities that have served them into and past their college years.

St. Mark's is a friendly, welcoming environment where the priority is teaching with Christian standards and values in every subject. You don't have to be a church member, or even a Lutheran, to attend. The teachers and staff make new students and parents feel welcome, and help them fit in. Our student was new in the fourth grade, and very shy, and her teacher and classmates were so helpful with her adjustment. There are also regular activities for all families that bring a high level of community to the school. The academic level of learning is high, and the classroom environment is geared toward teaching students to be self-motivated and organized. Technology is used to enhance learning regularly. Students are involved with sports, music, the arts, and drama, as well as a school newspaper and choir club; there is truly something for every student. The sports and physical education at St. Mark's reflect a priority, and set the bar for excellence. The students regularly exercise, run, and play outdoors, as fitness is important at this school. There is an amazingly professional basketball program during the school year, as well as summer sport camps. The coaches are fantastic. As parents, we are so glad St. Mark's goes up to 8th grade. The students coming out of here to go onto high school are well-balanced, healthy, confident, and joyful.

Our son started here in kindergarden. It was clear from the beginning that his preschool had not prepared him well for school. Mrs. Bauer was patient with him and worked through a number of issues including emotional outbursts. By the end of the year things had clicked and he was ready to continue to first grade. We were still nervous about him going on to first but with Miss Thrams he has continued to mature and thrive. He's an A and B student. His confidence grows each day. The small class sizes are great. They also have a hot lunch program. Summer basketball camps are available too. It's a small school but doesn't lack for anything. If your looking for a loving family feel type of school choose St. Mark's!

We love St. Mark's! The faculty is dedicated, loving, and truly cares about every individual child. The academics are top-notch and results and standards exceed the local public school system. Being a private school allows St. Mark's to keep the best academics without being burdened by the sometimes questionable requirements the public schools have based on the politics that drive them. St. Mark's also offers great extra-curricular activities like athletics (the new gym is beautiful!) and the performing arts (plays, voice/choir, instrumental music, and so on)

If you want a safe school, with strong academics, a loving atmosphere, and a faith based education St. Marks is the way to go. I have 2 children enrolled and both of them as well us love St. Marks. The teachers and staff are the best and truly care about the kids. For the first time in 3 years my son said " I like going to school ". I can not recommend St. Marks enough it truly is a blessing.

St.Marks is great Christian school. It has a family feel to it. The class sizes are small allowing the teachers to know each student. The teachers and principal are both vested in the whole child. The principal is alway willing to listen to new ideas that can improve the school.

St. Marks is a great school! It offers a great education, highly trained teachers and a very caring and loving environment for my kids.

Last modified St. Mark's Lutheran Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8