Citrus Heights, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 04, 2014
Our son started here in kindergarden. It was clear from the beginning that his preschool had not prepared him well for school. Mrs. Bauer was patient with him and worked through a number of issues including emotional outbursts. By the end of the year things had clicked and he was ready to continue to first grade. We were still nervous about him going on to first but with Miss Thrams he has continued to mature and thrive. He's an A and B student. His confidence grows each day. The small class sizes are great. They also have a hot lunch program. Summer basketball camps are available too. It's a small school but doesn't lack for anything. If your looking for a loving family feel type of school choose St. Mark's!

Posted February 06, 2014
We love St. Mark's! The faculty is dedicated, loving, and truly cares about every individual child. The academics are top-notch and results and standards exceed the local public school system. Being a private school allows St. Mark's to keep the best academics without being burdened by the sometimes questionable requirements the public schools have based on the politics that drive them. St. Mark's also offers great extra-curricular activities like athletics (the new gym is beautiful!) and the performing arts (plays, voice/choir, instrumental music, and so on)

Posted March 22, 2011
If you want a safe school, with strong academics, a loving atmosphere, and a faith based education St. Marks is the way to go. I have 2 children enrolled and both of them as well us love St. Marks. The teachers and staff are the best and truly care about the kids. For the first time in 3 years my son said " I like going to school ". I can not recommend St. Marks enough it truly is a blessing.

Posted December 07, 2010
St.Marks is great Christian school. It has a family feel to it. The class sizes are small allowing the teachers to know each student. The teachers and principal are both vested in the whole child. The principal is alway willing to listen to new ideas that can improve the school.

Posted December 02, 2010
St. Marks is a great school! It offers a great education, highly trained teachers and a very caring and loving environment for my kids.

Posted December 02, 2010
I love this school. The academic level is high and there's so much personal attention. We moved from a different state where my daughter was in the top public school in the county. When her former teachers heard what was being taught here, they were stunned. The curriculum is outstanding! But it is not just about academics here. Kids are well-rounded, from sports to arts to language. The family atmosphere is also encouraged: from older kids being chapel buddies for the younger, to having lunch together as a school family, kids are friends across the grades. And when there are discipline concerns, the teachers and principal address it in a Christian manner, lovingly and thoughtfully. Throughout everything, the love of Christ is shown. I wouldn't want my children anywhere else.

Posted December 02, 2010
We enrolled our 4 year old in the Pre-K program after experiencing some problems at two other local schools. She was happy from day one and months later is still enjoying her school experience so much we plan to keep her there. As a public school teacher, with our class size threatened to be 30-40 students starting next year for all grades, I am quite motivated to keep my child where bully-behavior is not allowed and all students are known personally by the teachers! The teachers at this school take the time and energy to know the families and children. All the kids are pleasant to be around and appear to be happy. A quality Christian education that cannot be beat!

Posted December 01, 2010
St. Mark's Lutheran School is a tremendous blessing to my family. My child is receiving a balanced education permeated by Christian values. The teachers are dedicated and the atmosphere is nurturing and family-like. The excellent home-school communication strengthens our partnership in the education of my child.

Posted February 08, 2008

Posted December 28, 2005
One child in 4th Grade, started at St. Marks in Kindergarten. No complaints here! I appreciate the well balanced education, including the usual math, science, history, spelling, but added to that a musical emphasis (piano lessons at school, mandatory choir), and of course a Christian emphasis to all activites.

St. Mark's Lutheran Elementary School
7869 Kingswood Drive, Citrus Heights, CA  95610
Last modified St. Mark's Lutheran Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Mark's Lutheran Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top