No rating

Creative Frontiers Elementary School

Private | PK-6

Living in Citrus Heights

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $155,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted January 19, 2011

I enjoy taking my son to CFS. Every time you drop off or pick up, it is clear that the children are very happy to be there. They have a great curriculim for their preschool program. Fieldtrips, healthy lunches and snacks are included in the tuition cost. Their administrative staff is very friendly, albeit disorganized.

Posted July 11, 2009

I am a credentialed public school teacher with two children at Creative Frontiers for 5 years. My old boss (San Juan School District Superintendant) recommended me to see school. He paid for his two grandchildren to do K-6 there and could not say enough good about school how impressive is that! I also see many other teachers bringing their children too. I agree: office is understaffed, but principal focuses budget on quality classroom staff/programs and all children are always well supervised. Principal and director stay late or call on weekends just to return messages. Mr. Bob gives out cell phone to everyone! Btw, he earned the 2008 Administrator of the Year from the second-largest professional teaching association in California. The school is on 7 acres so you may find a puddle or repair in process here or there, but they have a full time maintenance man & janitor on staff.

Posted July 10, 2009

This school is by far the best school for children in the sacramento area, it does not have the best office staff, however it is about the children not the administration stuff and every child is in the best of hands with the teachers and all staff. The cost for this is far and what they have to offer with the tuition is faboulous, swim, field trips, and holiday parties, my children love to go to school and I feel so content everyday when there there cause I know not only are they learning so much they are in great hands. I do and will alway recommend this school to everyone..

Posted July 6, 2009

For 5 months, our child attended this school. Academically school was great and so were the teachers! However, poor communication and bookkeeping with head and administrative staff. Facilities were always flooded, children allowed to roam grounds unsupervised. Personal experience with head staff was extremely unprofessional and turned out to be unsatisfactory. I would not recommend this school to anyone!

Posted May 21, 2009

My son is in the Transitional Kinder class and we are very happy with his development this year. The school is great, teachers are caring and experienced. Overall, we are very pleased!

Posted December 11, 2008

I am a parent of a 2nd grader. I have to say that it is a GREAT feelign to know that my child LOVES going to Creative Frontiers. My husband is the one who picks her up from school he travels and today he would not be able to pick her up at 4pm. I told her I was sorry that she would have to stay late, close to 5:30 pm due to working. She jumped in the air and said' Yes! You are and awesome mom! Thank you' I was shocked. Thank you CFS for making my daughter feel safe when she is away from home. You guys are the BEST!!

Posted December 3, 2008

This is my sons second year. He came in 99% in the entire nation on his GPA during his Kindergarden year with Mrs. S... He reads like a 10 year old and just turned 6. The atmosphere is personable, not run down like others say. Look at what your up against with public school GPA's, overcrowding, factor in before and after school care and you will agree... The cost, convenience, but mostly the level of education is way worth the money spent...

Posted April 7, 2008

My daughter loves going to school and all of her teachers have been wonderful! She has learned so much and is right on track. I am very happy with the teachers and administrators at Creative Frontiers!

Posted February 5, 2008

Our son has been going to CF for a year now and we love it. I find the administration helpful, available and child-focused. I look forward to our son going on to Kindergarten here and beyond.

Posted November 10, 2007

I d like to thank the faculty and staff for the wonderful Kindergarten experience Tyler had before we moved. Tyler started at Creative Frontiers in 2006, after having been in an in-home pre-school. He acclimated quickly to the Creative Frontiers environment. He enjoyed a terrific year with Mrs. Flynn, the other teachers, and his fellow students. It s hard as a parent, dropping off your child at school in the morning, leaving them to go to Kindergarten, while you go to work all day but it s so much easier when you see that your child is happy. School was so fun for him! He was happy when I dropped him off and also when I picked him up - even after a long day. I was so impressed! The academics were top notch. Everyone there does a fantastic job! You provided him such a good start in school, both emotionally and educationally.

Posted October 25, 2007

My children were pulled out of public schools because they could not read at their grade level. The afterschool program was awful - all ages mixed together. Since coming to Creative Frontiers my children's reading scores have improved by 2 grades and their study habits have improved with the great after school homework club. I would recommend this school to anyone who values their children's future.

Posted October 24, 2007

Creative Frontiers has been an extremely supportive school. If there is any questions the teachers and the office staff--including the principle are quick to respond. My child has thoroughly enjoyed the horse back riding, swimming, and the Spanish classes. The teachers have even used books from other classrooms to support my child's learning.

Posted October 23, 2007

This school has been great academically for our two children. They have attended since pre-school. We are planning on taking them out because we have run out of money. The school administration and communication is very poor and the bookkeeping was always incorrect. There always seemed to be a problem with the simplest things like the copier, always broken or the bathrooms, always dirty. We felt our money was not going towards making the school run smoothly or toward administrative support.

Posted September 22, 2007

I agree with the last comment the staff is unbelievably dedicated and talented! My child has been at this school for 4 years. I look forward to completing her entire elementary education there! Before we joined, we thought this school was expensive, but then we looked at over 20 schools before deciding upon this one. Creative Frontiers was by far the most reasonable of the good ones! Lunch and extras are included. I know the plumbing issue in one bathroom the parent commented on (below), but I saw an involved administration solving a complex problem which they did! By the way, this is the first school I know of where the principal gives you his e-mail and cell phone number to contact him! I have only had to call him once, but he answered me right away. This is a great school - I would highly recommend it!

Posted September 20, 2007

My child attended this school for over 2 years. The teachers were all fantastic! The summer swimming was fantastic, my child swims like a fish. However, the condition of the school was not the greatest. Often the bathroom stall flooded and was closed for student use. Also, the office staff had poor communication and let items of concern sit around with no attention to the matter until we went down to the office to address the situation. My child learned so much academically, however the school is very expensive and the principal and administrative staff turned out to be unsatisfactory.

Posted August 5, 2007

Creative Frontiers has been a great experience for us! After visiting EVERY private school in the area, we were happy to finally find one that suited our daughter's 'outdoor' personality. It has been a perfect experience for us. Now, she always wants to go to school!

Posted July 2, 2007

Creative Frontiers is more than a school, it is like family. Everyone cares for one another and looks out for the best interest of the children. Our experience at this school has been wonderful day after day. You can't beat the price and the quality! My 5 year old daughter is sad on the weekend when there is no school. Between the education, swimming, field trips and cute little class celebrations, this school towers above the rest!

Posted May 15, 2007

My daughter is a first grader and has been a Creative Frontier's student for the past 3 years. Thanks to staff's above and beyond cooperation and communication with us (her parents), she is blossoming into a responsible, kind, intelligent, and confident young lady!

Posted May 15, 2007

Since attending Creative Frontiers School, both of my children (ages 5 and 7) have excelled dramatically - both socially and academically. I praise the teaching and the supportive administration for my children's success.

Posted May 4, 2007

I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Ethnicity This school
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Asian 0%
Black 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NAEYC
Fax number
  • (916) 723-8849

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning