No rating

Countryside Montessori School

Private | PK-1

Student diversity

Living in Citrus Heights

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $155,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted January 10, 2009

Teachers are experienced and are willing to work with difficult behaviors. The school tends to your child's specific educational needs. I have had my children in the 2 year old class to the 5 year old class.

Posted July 13, 2008

I consider 'my' Countryside Montessori School above average because my child has changed and evolved for the good since beginning there. My child has not only improved academically but in life skills and respectfulness to adults and peers. The staff that is currently there are supportive and dedicated to help my child and the atmosphere throughout the classrooms reflect this. I am proud to say that my child would rather go to school than stay home. Keep up the good work, Countryside!!

Posted July 12, 2008

I can't believe a parent would write a negative comment on this amazing school! the teachers are so supportive of the kids and are involved with them everytime i'm there which is often. My child has grown in so many ways since he's been there! he is happy to arrive and slow to go home. I have never seen the teachers 'aggitated' just busy. As a parent i know my child is safe, loved, and learning. That's my goal for my child! cms has achieved that! as for the comment about low income families i don't know what people earn at this school but i believe that all kids should have the privledge of a montessori education. Shame on you!

Posted June 17, 2008

I have been involved with CMS for years and when the new owners took over, it went from a highly nurturing school with great staff and ratios to a school that just seemed concerned with packing in the house! Some of the staff are good but the vast majority are crabby and the school does not adhere to true Montessori principles. Additionally, they take an abundance of low income families now which contributes to the over-full classes. My experience has been poor and anyone who decides to enroll their child here plan on full classes, sick kids, aggitated staff and a lack of that nurturing environment that once was. What a shame!

Posted May 14, 2008

The staff is great and friendly. It is a small environment that makes it feel like a big family. We have been quite happy with the preschool program.

Posted March 22, 2008

My child began CMS shortly after the new management came aboard. There were many ups and down, and quite a bit of staff turn over during 2007. Now, things have settled. The staff has been there a few months and look like they are staying. My child is very happy at this school, enjoys the other children and Montessori experience, and can work at his own pace. He can spell, is starting to read and can do simple math at age 4! I would recommend CMS to other parents!

Posted September 27, 2007

this school has to much turn over my son attends and they just let go of a great teacher, we will be moving on soon

Posted September 26, 2007

The quality of this school has gone down considerably with new ownership. I have had three children attend in the past, as it once was a great school. Now every two weeks there are new staff and the kids are not able to get used to anyone. Also the staff that is there usually are not freindly and there is no repore with the students. My child started acting out when we would take her there so we had to pull her out. She is thriving in the new environment.

Posted September 4, 2007

The new ownership ruined this place. Very quickly, ratios became very out-of-compliance, and the quality of the childrens' education took a very severe nose-dive. It seems the new owners are only interested in economical gain and not in the childrens' education or well-being.

Posted July 18, 2007

This was once a strong educational program with nurturing staff, but the attrition rate of both staff and students under the new ownership would indicate that the program has deterioriated significantly. I have withdrawn my children and would not go back under any circumstances.

Posted June 11, 2007

My son attended Countryside Montessori School for over four years. Once, it was so much more than a school. It was a place where my child was loved and encouraged. It was a place where his abilities were nurtured and challenged. Now, I am sad to say, it became an institution I could no longer trust with my child's educational advancement or well being.

Posted May 15, 2007

The quality of this school has deteriorated under the new ownership. The excellent and experienced staff has been replaced.

Posted April 22, 2005

The biggest benefit to CMS is that there are very small class sizes. Due to the small size, each child is able to receive very personalized attention. Also, because the elementary classes are combined each child can work 'up' to a higher learning level, making it easier to excel. I know that there are space constraints, but I wish CMS were a bigger campus so they could offer education through 6th grade.

Posted November 3, 2003

Warm and loving environment that brings out the best in children. Children are encouraged to be self sufficient and learn the joy of discovery.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori