Bad
Good

William Workman High School! A school that welcomes you with a warm loving heart. Workman gives students the opportunity to learn and know what it means to be a "LOBO". The teachers and staff are very nice and helpful that serve time to talk to students. This school has a lot of spirit, the rallies are really fun especially when it comes to the Lobo shout out. I attended this school from freshmen-junior year until I moved to rowland, and to be honest with you WORKMAN IS WAY BETTER THAN ROWLAND. Workman you get to learn and explore alot, at Rowland you dont get that much opportunity. Its very rare to find great and loving schools like Workman. Don't underestimate Workman, the people who bring this school down don't even know what this school is really about. Hacienda La Puente (HLPUSD) does a really good job in supporting Workman and other schools in the district. I really admire HLPUSD for having great schools like Workman. Please if you ever consider what high school to attend William Workman is the right place. This school helps you learn and explore what it means to be part of the Lobo Family. You won't forget the memorable memories here. ONCE A LOBO ALWAYS A LOBO

What I think you should know: Workman is not how it used to be a decade ago, it has completely changed ( i used to know some people who went there at that time and believe me it has changed for the better) What i liked: There are some really great teachers who care about their students and will take time outside of the class to help them, if not they will figure out a way. It is relatively small compared to the other schools in the district, meaning that the counselors have more time to speak with the students. (That's not to say that there the counselors will know each student case by case, but they will do their best to help as much as they can) The school spirit has improved over the years. The principal works hard to make sure the school is doing well. It may not seem like it but she is very much involved in the school. How could my school improve: There are a couple of teachers that need to up their game & expect more from the students, really challenge them and make them step up to the plate. There are some students that need to up their game and expect more from the teachers and themselves. -There needs to be more parent involvement. It would help the students. -Alumni

To sum-up what the comments below me have been saying, yes, Workman High School has now become an actual academic and extra-curricular contender for the top schools in the area. There is no doubt about it, that Workman has improved in every aspect, drastically, over the past couple of years. WOHS is my second home, I absolutely love the campus, faculty, and yes, the students also! I have attended Workman for the past 3 1/2 years, and i can honestly say i couldn't ask for a better high school experience. As for those who repeatedly put down Workman, as well as everything as what it really means to be a Lobo, they do not know at all, what WOHS is really about. Once a Lobo, Always a Lobo. C/O '13!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a proud parent of 3 students whom graduated from Workman HighSchool. I think that Workman is a very good school and people whom talk and put WOHS down dont really know what the school is all about. ALl my boys have graduated and are attending Cal Poly Pomona, Cal State Fullerton and UC Riverside so i can say Workman is a pretty good school.

I've heard a lot of negative comments towards workman highschool aswell, but I think most of these people have never even experienced at least a day at Workman. I've had relatives graduate from this school and from the time they have attended until now it has changed and will continue to achieve. I've noticed a change in the staff and in students to make their school a better environment for learning.The students are viewing workman as a second home and we must learn to respect it. I believe we have the motivation to continue in our education. Knowing this school has a lot of minority backgrounds that has not encouraged us to fail but to prove statistics wrong. We are a college bound school No one wil let us fail at Workman. I will graduate this year and attend college as well as the majority of my graduating class. Workman is the best from what we have accomplished. I am a proud LOBO!

Yes, there have been many negative comments and feedback that come from William Workman High School, but we at out best right now. We are doing great in the elements that needed improvement. I make best of this highschool experience by being in an elective called Renaiisance. we do many things to recognize and support all our students/staff/teachers/counselors/janitors/etc. So abybody who has anything negative to say about Workman High are wrong, you just have to come and go thru the experience at Workman High to really know what goes on.

I graduated from this school two years ago and I can only describe it as a living hell. The teachers are horrible. There are little to no expectations for students to go to college. The only way I managed to make it to college was to avoid everyone there and rely only on myself. Almost everyone I know from high school either is working in fast food or going to a community college. I go to UCSB and arriving here realizing that I learned nothing from the incompetent teachers of Workman high.

I am a former student from Workman high. Workman HS has come a long ways over the years it use to be a just another low to middle income school like the rest of the schools in these community, with gang, drugs and other problem. Just recently the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) visited the campus and was very impressed by both the staff and the student. The school is now a college ready campus that offer various types of extra curriculum for their student and have also brought up both sat and CST that now they are not only one of the best in the HLPUSD but are now competing against other districts like walnut and Rowland to see who gets higher scores.

Workman is the worst school i know in the whole state. thhe best school i know is Nogales High School

Yes Workman High School has been a low performing school, but we are not any more. We are continuing to do better in each consecutive year. Its time for others to set aside abad reputations, and recognize what Worman is TODAY. I know the super intendant is being involved, as well as our principial ( Not the way someone suggested below.) And i know this becaue i am one of those students who have the honor in speaking one on one with them on behalf of the rest of the student body. As for our teachers, they are GREAT. I would suggest you to take a step back and look at the improvements we made and will continue to make.

Last modified William Workman High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.