Condit Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2013
This school is a joke,dont be fooled by other ratings,some teachers have no patience what so ever, the principle Mrs Christine Malally wasnt helpful or encourageing at all. I recently transfered my daughter to another school due to the fact that she was suspended for coloring her halloween ghost, when she wasnt suppose too. If any parent wants to ruin thier childs record,for the most ridiculous reasons bring her to condit elementary they'll be more than happy to do so.

Condit Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2012
What you need to know about Condit is that they don t slow down for anyone. It is an academically intense place and if you want your kid to feel like they are at the top of their class, ALL of you are going to have to work darn hard. As a single working parent it makes for really unhappy moments and tough choices between homework and sleep sometimes. And we are in lower grades. Rumor has it Sycamore has a homework optional policy which would make life a LOT easier, but not sure that is the lesson I want to teach either. Wish it were a little more balanced. Excellent Pillars of Character and no bullying programs, and fabulous after school care staff. If you are willing to be an involved parent you will have a better experience. Many families seem to have one stay at home parent. Principal has been here five years now and strengths are promoting teacher collaboration and professional development, knowing every child s name, and a hands on practical approach. Staff seem to like her and are a great group of teachers. Communication and determination is KEY to anything here. It won t be the best fit for everyone, know your schools and values, then decide if it is the right fit

Posted February 09, 2012
I have to 100% agree with all the parents that have given Condit 5 stars. This is our 7th year attending this school. My daughter started her Kindergarten year here and is now getting ready to start Jr. High next year. I have 2 other students here and they are happy everyday to go to school. They are encouraged everyday to challenge themselves academically and physically. They also do not tolerate bullying! Teachers, parents and staff work together everyday on every aspect of teaching. I feel so lucky to be part of this community. Everyone helps each other in a very loving and caring way.

Posted October 19, 2011
My children, now in 6th and 4th grade have had a wonderful experience at Condit.. They are challenged academically, with a strong emphasis in math and sciences. According to my son, the teachers "make learning fun". How lucky we are to have such a wonderful school in our community. I feel they will be very well prepared to enter Jr high and high school. The principal, in my experience, is awesome. Strong leadership. Thank you, Mrs. M!

Condit Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2011
My son was a kindergardner at Condit It was a miserable experience. Did he learn? Yes. Was he happy? NO. Isn't kindergarden when the children should be happiest? The pressure was just too much. The principal Mrs.M, was not helpful, indeed she was punitive, not encouraging. As a 5 year old, my little boy would, as many little boys do, wet his pants. He was not allowed to bring a change of clothes to school, he could not go discretely into the restroom and change quickly and then resume his day. NO - school policy was that children who wet were sent to the office where they had to sit until a parent brought a change of clothes for them. Explain to me how this is helpful? Sit in you wet clothes until a parent is reached, then they have to stop, what they are doing to bring you a change of clothes. Isn't there an easier, less humiliating way to do this? Kindergarden homework ruined out family life - the battles! What wasn't done at home, he was held in at recess time to complete. I read the reviews, I was thrilled he would be going to Condit - I volunteered, we still have the backpac, tee and hoodie! A HUGE disapointment - still trying to repair the damage.

Posted January 28, 2011
We love Condit! The Staff and Teachers are amazing! Academically it is the best school in the district. It has a great computer lab and library facilities that are continuing to be upgraded. The classrooms have multiple computers, document cameras, and other technology. It offers a fabulous music and fine art program as well as the 100 mile club which gets the children excited about physical exercise goals. I love that this school stresses the importance of character, and rewards students for good citizenship rather than punish children for bad behavior. Parents are wonderful, very warm and down to earth. I have found that parents embrace one another and we have already made many friends. We have enjoyed the school environment during family social events like spaghetti dinner and sock hop. PTA works hard; volunteerism is encouraged and much appreciated. There is no excessive fund raising at this school, only two big sponsorship opportunities and your child does not have to sell anything which is a big bonus. I do not know a single parent or student who does not believe wholeheartedly that Condit ROCKS!

Posted January 19, 2011
Everything is very nice at condit nice teachers nice staff nice principal. I used to go to condit and my kids do know its a very great school.

Condit Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Great teachers. Very active PFA. Excellent place for learning and growing. Unique Art Masters program for grades 1-6 that exposes kids to fine arts.

Posted September 05, 2010
Condit continues to meet all the needs of my children. The new principal has brought a new energy to the school. Staff, parents, and students work together to make this school great!

Condit Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2010
Condit is a good school, but we have been very disappointed by some of the teachers, and the lack of leadership from the principles (we've been through 4 principles so far). The school is extremely rigid, and does not appear to support personalized, project-based learning. 3rd-4th Grade Teachers do not take advantage of several opportunites that could have been utilized to provide better learning experiences. These teachers seem to be very set in their ways, and just follow the same teaching plan year after year, rather than adjusting to the specific needs and possibilities of their classes (based on the kids, and the parents' support). Active parental involvement beyond paperwork or tallying laps is discouraged. One plus: Condit is truly diverse -- there is a large mix of cultures (not simply hispanic) and socieo-economic backgrounds. Good school, could be much better.

Condit Elementary School
1750 North Mountain Avenue, Claremont, CA  91711
Last modified Condit Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Condit Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top