Bad
Good

El Roble Intermediate School 1

Posted April 30, 2015
Had to pull our son from the school. It is sad that CUSD has such good elementary schools and a good HS, but it drops off at the MS level. The principal is horrid and disinterested, along with the admin staff. They were engage by my family on a few occasions in the positive manner, actually we were looking for their input on how to supplement my child's learning, and they fell sadly short. Some of my son's teachers were fair, but they were some that were inadequate, reviewing the baseline subject material, while reliving their glory days by telling stories to their captive audience. My son now reflects at his time at El Roble and we laugh, and are grateful we made the decision when we did. Thank you El Roble for making our decision easy to remove our son from your school. No seriously, thank you.

Posted October 18, 2013
El Roble is a great school. You can't go wrong with Claremont! Teachers and staff are great! Great after school programs.

El Roble Intermediate School 3

Posted October 25, 2012
We are thinking of having our child start 7th grade next year at this school. I have read and looked over everything. It looks good and promising for our child, but, would like some further input from other families whos children have attend this school...the Safety (bullying...how do they handle it...?) Principal, Teachers, Curriculum, Staff, etc...Thank you!

El Roble Intermediate School 1

Posted January 25, 2012
I have just pulled my daughter from this school. It has done nothing but gone down hill since my son went there 10 years ago. My daughter is a top athlete and A-B student. She was bullied over a period of one year. I met with the Vice Principal on more than one occasion and was assured the problem was resolved. Well, it never was. I don't know about anyone else, but my first priority is the safety and security of my child. I only wish the school admininstration felt the same way.

Posted August 24, 2011
Our daughter graduated from El Roble last year and had a very positive experience. Ther majority of the teachers are extremely strong in all of the different areas (and P.E. was surprisingly one of the highlights for our daughter...a great team of very caring professionals). She was challenged academically and continues to test very well. The teachers take the time to get to know the kids and have high expectations for behavior and performance. She was encouraged and looked out for. She entered El Roble disliking history, science, and math - those are now three of her favorite subjects. Open house was a telling indicator of the teachers impact on their students. There are lines out the doors because the students are excited for their parents to see their work and interact with teachers who really take an interest in their lives. I was pleasantly surprised that middle school could be such a postive experience for our daughter.

Posted April 22, 2010
Unfortunately, the principal is very dismissive of real parent involvement or suggestions, preferring instead checkbook involvement and quiet acceptance of some pretty ridiculous rules designed to control students. Some good teachers, though. At least one is exceptionally good.

Posted April 07, 2009
I loved El Roble. Almost everyone was friendly and quant. I really miss this school

Posted February 20, 2009
Great school and great teachers. Reccomended by most parents who care about their child.

Posted October 31, 2008
I Love El Roble!!! I am a seventh grader this year and it is the coolest thing ever! There is a great balacnce between fun and discipline. The teachers are great and take the extra time to help you and make sure you understand everything.

Posted July 04, 2008
I love this school. The academics are challenging. The teachers really care about their students. The ElRoble PE staff is awesome! This certainly wasn't my PE in Jr. High. They did a fun and creative Olympics unit. The kids ride wave boards, swim, play fun & different games.

665 North Mountain Avenue, Claremont, CA  91711-4253
Last modified El Roble Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.