Bad
Good

Great teacher and great staff and I really like this school and I am very happy in this school

Had a great experience with our 1 st child. Now with our second we are having a lot of problems with bullying. School and teachers have tried to help, but not effective. Just telling mean kids to stop with no consequences is not enough. We are currently looking into transferring to another school.

I love the diversity of the community at this school, very diverse both economically and racially. The teaching staff is generally top-notch. However, I can't say anything positive about the current leadership. Not sure there's any real understanding of how to partner productively with diverse parents in the educational process. I feel parents are shut out, cut off and dismissed at every turn. I know several families that have left this school for these reasons. It's a shame, because it's a wonderful community of kids and families otherwise. So much potential here.....

A great curriculum. my child is really being challenged. The Principle was very attentive to my concerns on a matter that came up. I was really impressed with the team work that I observed between staff and parents. I especially think this is one of the best aftercare programs that I have ever observed. My kid loves it and the interaction between staff and children is incredible to watch. The school is by far one of the best in Claremont. I have observed others that are supposedly better and all I have to say is you can't buy the passion this school has in comparison to the others.

Our kid is in this school for 3 years now. Initially it was good, over years, the standard has gone down. The Principal seems not so understanding to the kids/parents need. Some parents have complained about their kid being targetted. Ofcourse some teachers are good. Then you should be really lucky to have your kid in that class.

great school! great teachers, after school day care, friday snak sale (daycare)

Mountain. View is a great school. Our son has thrived there and has had a pair of excellent teachers who work closely with the parent to help their students excel. Additionally, the principal is very approachable and I agree that it is great to see him greeting all the kids first thing in the morning.

Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.