Mountain View Elementary School 1

Posted May 11, 2014
Had a great experience with our 1 st child. Now with our second we are having a lot of problems with bullying. School and teachers have tried to help, but not effective. Just telling mean kids to stop with no consequences is not enough. We are currently looking into transferring to another school.

Posted September 11, 2013
I love the diversity of the community at this school, very diverse both economically and racially. The teaching staff is generally top-notch. However, I can't say anything positive about the current leadership. Not sure there's any real understanding of how to partner productively with diverse parents in the educational process. I feel parents are shut out, cut off and dismissed at every turn. I know several families that have left this school for these reasons. It's a shame, because it's a wonderful community of kids and families otherwise. So much potential here.....

Posted December 07, 2012
A great curriculum. my child is really being challenged. The Principle was very attentive to my concerns on a matter that came up. I was really impressed with the team work that I observed between staff and parents. I especially think this is one of the best aftercare programs that I have ever observed. My kid loves it and the interaction between staff and children is incredible to watch. The school is by far one of the best in Claremont. I have observed others that are supposedly better and all I have to say is you can't buy the passion this school has in comparison to the others.

Posted June 07, 2011
Our kid is in this school for 3 years now. Initially it was good, over years, the standard has gone down. The Principal seems not so understanding to the kids/parents need. Some parents have complained about their kid being targetted. Ofcourse some teachers are good. Then you should be really lucky to have your kid in that class.

Posted February 23, 2008
great school! great teachers, after school day care, friday snak sale (daycare)

Posted January 08, 2007
Mountain. View is a great school. Our son has thrived there and has had a pair of excellent teachers who work closely with the parent to help their students excel. Additionally, the principal is very approachable and I agree that it is great to see him greeting all the kids first thing in the morning.

Posted December 07, 2005

Posted September 25, 2005
Mountain View Elementary School has just been awared the National Blue Ribbon School in the No Child Left Behind Program, it is a Title 1 winner as well as a Distinguished School in California, the teachers invest in each and every child. I appreciate the diversity of the school and knowing that my child matters there. I would recommend Mt View to any parent who actively participates in their childs education. On a lighter note, I also enjoy seeing the Principal in front of the school every morning to welcome the children and their new day.

Posted May 03, 2005

Mountain View Elementary School 4

Posted April 21, 2005
I am very happy with the teachers and their committment. They just started a full day kindergarten program which gives sufficient time to incorporate extra activities in teh schedule. Also, the day care staff is exceptionally caring and energitic.

Mountain View Elementary School
851 Santa Clara Avenue, Claremont, CA  91711
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top