Bad
Good

I'm a new parent with a TK attending this year 2014-2015 school year...and I couldn't be any happier with my TKs Teachers..they've been kind and on point of my TKs education..Staff is very friendly..but I'm torn to say my only negative is the teachers in the upper grade are teaching two grade levels in their classrooms..I'm so undecided if I should keep my TK in Oakmont or send her to Condit..a parents decision for their child to have the best education can be overwhelming!

My child began attending Oakmont at the beginning of the 2014-2015 school year. This little school is fantastic. I could not be happier with my child's learning progress and personal growth. The teachers and staff are fantastic.

This is a good school, teachers are very helpful as well. A lot of communication with parents and students. Get involved in lot of creative and interesting activities that will help the kids in their lifetime in the real-world. Never had these golden opportunities when I attended grade school. Great school for a child to remember during childhood.

WOW! An estimated API of 861 (official scores are out in Oct.)! They had an 88 point increase from last year. That is amazing! This is the "little school that could" because nothing seems to stop them from pressing on in spite of challenges. The parent who complained of bad test scores has nothing to complain about now...

Don't be fooled by one crazy families review. Everyone knows at least one or two people who are never happy. I have had three kids go through Oakmont who have had over half the teachers for their instruction. I have also had a chance to volunteer and spend time in several classrooms and overall, I have been very impressed. The instruction, support and assistance my kids have received has exceeded my expectations. No school is perfect, but Oakmont's teachers, staff and administration is doing a pretty darn good job.

Not a good learning environment. Lack of responsiveness. Bullying. Poor communication. Annual turnover of principals. Bad test scores. The worst school in a good school district is still the worst school.

Zero stars for me. The school is not good at all. As you can see parents haven't submitted any recent reviews. They have changed Principals in two years. There is bullying going on even with parents! There is very little parent involvement. Most of the parents who show up to meetings are the same small group. The teachers look overwhelmed with having to teach two grades in their class. Its no wonder they really can not focus on any child. They are always rushed. Okay... I guess there is one good thing. The staff is always helpful, they do know your child by name etc. etc. but, how does that benefit my child?

Oakmont is a wonderful diverse elementary school. The staff and pricipal are attentive to the needs of the students, as well as the needs of the parents. My children and I love this school. Both of my children graduated from Oakmont and they both had wonderful experiences at Oakmont. The teachers work hard to ensure that the children excel academically!

Oakmont is a good school serving a diverse population. There's an impressive sense of community among teachers, staff, and families, and the principal is committed to helping all the students learn. There's a wide range of academic abilities among the kids there, and I've been really impressed at how the teachers (at least in the lower grades) have found ways to keep all the children interested and learning. My daughter loves this school.

The great atmosphere, teachers and staff always know who your child is, and how they are doing, always ready to help.

Last modified Oakmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.