9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 12, 2015
Webb is an amazing school. Period. As a freshman, I was nervous about making new friends and fitting in. But I quickly learned how tightly-knit webb was. Before I knew it, I felt that Webb was like a family. You have plenty of free time, and the rules aren't really all that strict. Yea, it make take some time to get use to, but it sort of becomes a habit that really isn't that bad. The teachers are great, they all live on campus or nearby and are willing to help you after school or during "office hours". The staff, by staff I mean everyone from the office to the cooks to the gardeners, are friendly and come to the school with a smile. Webb also also has a wonderful honor code. The honor code is a mutual agreement between students and staff that allows us to fully trust each other and become closer as a community. For example, if you walk around our campus, you'll see backpacks, laptops, and personal items lying around in the dorms, libary, chapel, etc. and you can trust that no one would steal it. One word that you hear often at Webb is community and I certainly feel like it is one. If you're planning to apply, I highly recommend it! It's a great expierence!

Posted October 06, 2013
amazing school! Both of our adult daughters attended through the A Better Chance program. Not a school for your everyday kid. Challenging!

The Webb Schools 3

Posted July 31, 2013
Webb is a great school for people who care about getting into college but do not care about having a social life. I did not like most of my classmates as the majority of them were snobbish and out of touch with the real world. A previous reviewer stated that Webb is "run like a college". I disagree with that fully. Webb is run more like a military school or a medium security prison than a college. There are copious amounts of rules that I didn't mind as a freshman, but for a senior to have almost the same rules it was absolutely ridiculous. These rules include an early weekend curfew, the internet being turned off at night, an unreasonably strict and unequal dress code, not being allowed to leave campus during the week, and punishment for being 3 minutes late to class (God forbid!). The school places absolutely no trust on its students, despite being a "trust based community". It is safe to say my friends and I couldn't wait to leave . Despite this negative review, there are some aspects of Webb that I enjoyed such as the excellent teachers and beautiful scenery. However, I feel that the school has lost its way and should rethink many of its policies.

Posted June 04, 2013
I attended Webb for 3 years, grades 8-10, in the 1950s. Dr and Mrs Webb were an extraordinary presence, perhaps a little old fashioned but wonderful. This must have been like a top English school such as Eton. I most value the teachers, and even more the honor system. I wish more schools had this! Webb has always been an important factor in my life, as it was for my two uncles who preceeded me there. I loved Webb, even though I was a bit of an individualist there.

The Webb Schools 4

Posted December 24, 2010
Webb's trademark is honor. We have a student honor committee that handles honor code violations whenever they occur. The decisions are controversial, but the mere fact that we have an honor committee illustrates the trust that exists between students and administration. Naturally, Webb's academics are up to par. Teachers are helpful outside of class. We have labs for every subject where students can go for extra help on a daily basis as well. There s plenty of work, but it s you who ultimately decides to sign up for the hard classes. My favorite part of Webb, however, is the student leadership. Webb has ~100 leadership positions across campus, which is cerca 25% of the school. Between, ASB, Prefects, HC, etc, there's something for everyone, which is why everyone is known for something, thus everyone develops personality and confidence. Two years ago 20 of my classmates left the school (one of them wrote that 1-star review), but those students had beefs with the administration (No partying ). Webb's a prep school; you don't come here to party. That said, I can say I've enjoyed Webb immensely and there is plenty of fun to be had as long as you're willing to embrace the community. =)

The Webb Schools 1

Posted October 31, 2010
What a disappointment! My sister saved and scraped together my niece's tuition -- which costs more than many graduate schools -- in hope of sending her daughter to a school that can help her develop her core. Instead, in her first few weeks at Webb, my niece's laptop was vandalized. Not only has Webb been hands-off about the whole incident, my niece has now been labeled the aggressor because my sister cared enough to ask questions. Webb lacks professionalism and communication. It spent hardly any time searching for the truth, and in turn, condones passive aggressive behavior and accusations. It completely oversold itself as a school that honors trust and high standards!

The Webb Schools 4

Posted October 10, 2010
I like webb school but I don't like the new webb school. I was the old webb. I think they try to make new changes and it didn't work. Mr alf museum was wonderful back then now they changed it so much its just not the same. The office staff needs to say in the office and stop trying to change everything. The best thing I know and remember about webb is Al and his cakes and cookies and his food. I know they changed the kitchen they should just leave things alone. We need the old webb back.

Posted January 25, 2010
Great school with high standards and a lovely campus. A place for motivated students to thrive. Structure and guidelines are necessary to keep the students safe. Faculty is eager to help students excell. Low student-teacher ratio and close relationship between parents and teachers mark the difference at Webb. Boarding and A wide variety of extracurricular activities and sports have made the HS experience be the best for our kids! While Webb remains to be one of the most exclusive boarding HS, students are very respectful and kind with one another. I highly recommend this school to young adults that are searching for a better education, independence, honor and good values.

Posted June 01, 2009
Our son recently completed his freshman year at Webb. We couldn't be happier with their program and staff. We like the friendly atmosphere at Webb where he has formed many relationships and become very involved in campus life. The academics are challenging and the students are expected to be independent and responsible. Because it is a boarding school, certain rules and structures are absolutely necessary to provide a safe environment. Webb encourages students to be well-rounded, and although there are people who are well-off, it is not evident which students receive financial aid (the numbers are significant). While I am certain that Webb is not the perfect place for everyone, it is an excellent school and we recommend it highly.

The Webb Schools 1

Posted April 24, 2009
I am currently a sophomore at this school, this is the end of my second year. I will not be returning to Webb as a junior on my own and my parents accord. Webb has been a terrible experience, it has basically robbed me of having a normal high school development, and has been generally terrible. Webb suppresses individuality and constricts every action you do. Life is regimented like in the military, strict punishments are often leveled unjustly and without thoughts of repercussions. Punishments become more important than academics or even health in many circumstances. This school is depressing to the mind and deadly to the spirit. I should never have come here, I am getting out while it is still worthwhile. Please Parents, don't send your children here. Students, don't come here, I thought it would be an amazing, new experience. I was wrong.

The Webb Schools