Western Christian School 3

Posted April 23, 2014
Western Christian is a good school. We have two children who attend and overall are have been happy with their academic and spiritual development. Like all schools, it is not perfect. Here is what we would tell people who are considering enrolling their children there: Good Things About the School: Dedicated teachers and strong academics (though there are a couple of not-as -strong teachers in the Middle School), Beautiful Campus, Lots of Nice Kids and Families, Solid Athletic Program in Middle School, Good Choir program, Fun Family/Community Events in the Fall (Harvest Fest) and Spring (Talent Show). Downsides: Children related to staff, teachers and "in crowd" parents are given awards and opportunities -- i.e. lead chapel, be in the plays and Christmas programs, etc - more frequently than other kids. - Middle School enrichment is mostly focused on sports, so kids who like band, theater, arts or technology don't have the chance to develop those gifts or be recognized for them by their peers. -Communication to parents and other administrative tasks are not managed very efficiently. - Art and Spanish are taught infrequently - once a month ?

Posted January 10, 2013
This is an AMAZING school. We wish we would have found this school when our son was in KG. Our son will stay with the Western Christian system throughout HS graduation. The teachers and staff are caring and truly do a wonderful job.

Posted December 02, 2012
Our daughter attended Western Christian for one year when she was two years-old. Then we moved to a different school, Children's School in Claremont, which we subsequently left also. Having now tried three preschools in Claremont, I fell qualified to stated that Western Christian is an excellent choice for multiple reasons. Strong learning environment, NO BULLYING, and most importantly a very child-centered loving environment. I appreciate the time our family spent there now more than ever.

Posted January 29, 2010
I transferred my daughter to WC this year after being disappointed by the public school she was in. The campus is beautiful, the students are intelligent, polite, and well-spoken. The faculty and staff are passionate about their calling. From the moment we set foot on campus we have been whole-heartedly embraced by the WC community.

Posted December 29, 2009
I have two children at Western and we love the school. The teachers are outstanding. They care and they are good at what they do and it shows. My kids are developing academically, socially (what a great peer group!), emotionally and spiritually. And I love the music, PE, art and other extracurriculars. My kids feel very connected to this community and all the children here seem to treat each other with kindness. It's a great place. Our only suggestion would be for better planning, advance notice and communication regarding the calendar, extracurricular activities and events. But that is minor compared to the all the great things about this loving Christian school.

Western Christian School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
Western Christian is a safe haven for my daughter. I still am transformed when I am on campus. It's truly breathtaking. The love and caring Christian attitude make this a school 10! We are Western Christian Fans for like. God Bless You in searching for a safe, Christian school.

Posted August 09, 2008

Posted February 27, 2007
I love my school. It rocks. They have great teachers . The school is great.

Posted March 21, 2006
WCS has been a great experience for our family. My child has received a very good education. The staff and students are terrific. The campus is gorgeous. My only concern is the increasing tuition it has gone up gradually through out the time we have been there and I am wondering when it will top out. Other than tuition concerns I rate Western a 9.9 out of 10.

Posted May 05, 2005
The teachers at western christian are excellent and are truly devoted to the children and their mental, emotional and spiritual growth. I am happy with the school and the involvement of the parents which play a big part. The school grounds are very nice and give it an atmosphere of a Mayberry town. The extra curricular activites need some growth but certain subjects are available. They have sports, music, art and computers.

Western Christian School
3105 Padua Avenue, Claremont, CA  91711
Last modified Western Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Western Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top