Bad
Good

There are certainly draw backs of going to such a small school but the benefits are numerous. Being in such a small community, students receive a ton of support. Also, there aren't very many other schools at which so many students can be involved in so many activities and excel at them all. The school is basically void of problems most big schools face. There is MAYBE one physical fight a year, the school has little to no gang violence, there is no circulation of hard drugs, and bullying is not an issue because of the everyone knows everyone factor. Class selection can be limited, but there is plenty of flexibility in changing your schedule after the school year has started. All in all, pretty good school.

As a parent at Delta High school, there was a big change recently. I read the review from a student who said the prom and homecoming was canceled. This is not true last year and the year before. Also, they support hispanic students with classes, counselors, scholarships, and college nights. I am sorry that student had those experiences but honestly I do not think that is what is happening anymore. They have FFA classes and some great art, music, and Spanish classes. I like that the teachers all know my son and care about how he does. This would not happen at a big school. Go Saints!

People say that high school is supposed to be the best time of your life. Personally, my time at Delta High School was a complete waste of time. I have attended DHS for 3 years, but have recently decided to finish my senior year somewhere else, so I could have a REAL high school experience. This school is a huge disappointment. As much as people say the teachers really care about the student, they don't. There's no diversity. I feel that the Latino population at DHS isn't given the same help/opportunities as other students. About 90% of this school isn't interested in things like Prom, Homecoming, ect. (Plus the price to attend these events are way to expensive) So because so many people don't care, the event is canceled, and it ruins the High School experience for everyone else. The school's agenda revolves around the FFA program. It seems like if you aren't in FFA, you are looked down upon. FFA kids get away with lots of things that other student wouldn't, because they are favored by certain teachers. I hate this school, I wish I never attended, I wouldnt recomend it to anyone. http://www.greatschools.org/california/clarksburg/4661-Delta-High-School/?tab=programs-culture

We as parents love Delta High and CMS. It is a safe, clean and all around good learning environment with wonderful teachers. Our girls are enjoying school and doing well. You can't beat small town when you compare the massive student populations in neighboring high schools. There is much to be said about not being a small fish in an ocean. GO DELTA!

My Daughter's go to Southport Elementary in West Sacramento. I Love the School. The staff is excellent and very helpful. The principal is amazing. The school also has really good programs like Read 180 and The Resource Center and a couple more. I'm blessed that I have found such an amazing public school for my daughters to attend.

Delta is a good school. The principle is where it all goes wrong.

Last modified Delta High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.