Posted August 07, 2013
As a parent at Delta High school, there was a big change recently. I read the review from a student who said the prom and homecoming was canceled. This is not true last year and the year before. Also, they support hispanic students with classes, counselors, scholarships, and college nights. I am sorry that student had those experiences but honestly I do not think that is what is happening anymore. They have FFA classes and some great art, music, and Spanish classes. I like that the teachers all know my son and care about how he does. This would not happen at a big school. Go Saints!

Delta High School 1

Posted July 09, 2013
People say that high school is supposed to be the best time of your life. Personally, my time at Delta High School was a complete waste of time. I have attended DHS for 3 years, but have recently decided to finish my senior year somewhere else, so I could have a REAL high school experience. This school is a huge disappointment. As much as people say the teachers really care about the student, they don't. There's no diversity. I feel that the Latino population at DHS isn't given the same help/opportunities as other students. About 90% of this school isn't interested in things like Prom, Homecoming, ect. (Plus the price to attend these events are way to expensive) So because so many people don't care, the event is canceled, and it ruins the High School experience for everyone else. The school's agenda revolves around the FFA program. It seems like if you aren't in FFA, you are looked down upon. FFA kids get away with lots of things that other student wouldn't, because they are favored by certain teachers. I hate this school, I wish I never attended, I wouldnt recomend it to anyone. http://www.greatschools.org/california/clarksburg/4661-Delta-High-School/?tab=programs-culture

Posted December 13, 2008
We as parents love Delta High and CMS. It is a safe, clean and all around good learning environment with wonderful teachers. Our girls are enjoying school and doing well. You can't beat small town when you compare the massive student populations in neighboring high schools. There is much to be said about not being a small fish in an ocean. GO DELTA!

Posted December 10, 2008
My Daughter's go to Southport Elementary in West Sacramento. I Love the School. The staff is excellent and very helpful. The principal is amazing. The school also has really good programs like Read 180 and The Resource Center and a couple more. I'm blessed that I have found such an amazing public school for my daughters to attend.

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted August 23, 2007

Posted August 16, 2007
Delta is a good school. The principle is where it all goes wrong.

Posted April 22, 2005
The school has a strong administrative and counselling staff, and an influx of young energetic teachers has really improved the faculty. The small school aspect is nice. Main drawback is aging facilities and superintendent.

Delta High School 2

Posted February 24, 2005
- a former student
As a community member, I have found that Latino students and others are not getting information about how to take SAT or ACT exams. They are not being encouraged nor provided with waivers to apply for those who qualify to attend college. I find it very unfortunate that in such a small high school (under 350) that there are barriers placed on the students by the counselor at this school site. Because there is a 60 % Latino student population there has not been enough done to reach out to parents and inform them of options available to them. There is a very proactive community who is working to change this attitude. I know that the quality of academic programs are there. There has to be qualified participation at any school to be successful. We hope to see it at Delta as there is a very proactive community willing to help.

Delta High School
52810 Netherlands Avenue, Clarksburg, CA  95612
Last modified Delta High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Delta High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top