Mt. Diablo Elementary School 3

Posted March 07, 2012
My children have attended this school for almost 2 yrs. We are a military family, so we have experienced different public schools for the last 6 yrs. My children are presently in 3rd and 5th grade. Mrs. Keanan, the principle started at the school the same year that we did. I am very impressed with her, and her leadership. One of the first things she did was take out the sugary milk out of the cafeteria. A small change to make things healthier! . As far as academics, I think this school is average. California is in crisis when it comes to the money spent on education. This school district has no money, and the schools are suffering. If it not for the parent involvement, and constant fund raising, this school would be in real trouble. The class sizes are way too high. My kids classes have 32 students. Impossible for the teacher to focus on any individual student. Luckily, my kids do not have any problems with academics, so they have done alright. My fear is that when we leave here to go our next assignment, they will behind their peers. So, all in all, this is a "better than average" public school for California, but is that really saying much?

Mt. Diablo Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2011
Looking to move in the area. Any new reviews would be great! How is the bullying issue? Thank you

Posted July 22, 2010
We have high quality teachers, who care very deeply about educating their students and are willing to work hard to ensure their high standards are achieved. We have amazing parent involvement and willingness to donate time and money to help our school. We are getting a new principal, so I'm not sure how to rate that, but I hope we will get a good leader and communicator.

Posted May 25, 2010
The teachers here are great! My kids score in the top 1% nationally and this has much to do with the high quality of education provided.

Posted December 03, 2009
My child had substantial bullying issues at this school, but perhaps that is because it was a school-wide problem, there is virtually no diversity of races nor tolerance of what little diversity there is. I agree that parent involvement is high and that is nice but it borders on 'chummy' which seems less academic and more about popularity, which is seems of great importance to this small, even sheltered town. The culture of the school is lacking an identity in the worst way. My child is a high performing student and has only been recently challenged after years at this school...we personally cannot wait to leave this school.

Posted September 25, 2009
The parental involvement here and the PFC is the best. With them this school is one of the best in the district - actually, it is the best.

Posted September 20, 2009
It's the little school on the hill all grown up! It is now a large elementary but retains the small town feel. Our community really supports the school and the teachers are great.

Posted September 19, 2009
Mt. Diablo Elementary has a strong educational staff. Our children are in the best school in the area!

Posted September 18, 2009
The teachers are amazing and show how much they love their job each and every day with the children.

Posted September 18, 2009
Phenomenal teaching staff, excellent parent support!

Mt. Diablo Elementary School
5880 Mount Zion Drive, Clayton, CA  94517
Last modified Mt. Diablo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Diablo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top