Clovis Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2014
Clovis Elementary School does not deserve to receive any stars. I am the parent of three children. Two most would call "mainstream" and one "special needs". The "mainstream" children are held to the standards of the poorest performing child in their class despite their demonstrated ability to surpass the expectations of the grade. The "special needs" child has been discriminated against since the first day at a Clovis Unified school. The educators are not well informed on the special needs of special needs children nor are the willing to make accommodations for those needs without a battle. It seems that the only way to receive any cooperation from this district is to spend every waking moment in the school and school functions in order to "prove" to the school that you are worth their time. Not all of us have that luxury. Some of us have full-time jobs and a genuine interest in spending our free time with our children rather than at their beck and call. It is sad that this District received such a high rating. Unfortunately, I feel that it is due to parents not knowing their rights and that it can be better than this.

Clovis Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2008

Clovis Elementary School 3

Posted July 23, 2008
Seems the kids are moved as a group between grades. No room for the laggers or the ones that excel, they just either get dragged down to the lower levels or left frustrated by lack of individual instuction. Some teachers are more willing than others to help those students that don't fit with the group

Posted March 13, 2007
My son was a new student this year in 3rd grade and had some problems in the beginning of the year He wasn't getting along very well on the playground or in class. Because of the wonderful caring teachers, principal, vice principal and counselors we met and came up with a plan to help my son. My son is now doing so much better, he is better adjusted and doesn't get into trouble like he used to. I felt everyone went out of their way to help and they really cared about him. I cannot express enough how much this has helped and what a great school Clovis Elementary is. They all took the extra time to help. This school is outstanding!

Posted August 21, 2006
I was a Clovis Elementary parent 1999-2006. Academically, the school is outstanding. Teachers work together and use their personal strengths to provide students with the best experience possible. The lower grade faculty is very nurturing, yet they maintain high expectations. The upper grade teachers are nothing less than amazing. They are able to develop unique relationships with each of their students and guide them based on individual strengths and interests. All of my children felt a strong sense of belonging, which I attribute to the faculty's efforts. Extracurricular activities such as sports and community involvement are encouraged through the 'Block C' program. The Parent Club is very active and it's easy to get involved. Character definitely counts at Clovis Elementary, and the teachers are the first to set a wonderful example.

Posted May 21, 2006
I was a students teacher at this school and found it to be an exceptional example of public education. I would be confident to have my child attend this school.

Clovis Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2005
Both of my children attended Clovis Elementary from the first day it opened, about 6 or 7 years ago. Most recently, my youngest attended the school from Kindergarten to fourth grade. The school has handled his special needs with superb forethought and aggressiveness. They did a very good job with his special needs and handling his emotions dealing with other kids or teachers. Overall this school has been great to my family and we have always been very loyal due to their treatment of the children and focus on success for each and every student. I would suggest if there is an issue with one of the teachers or staff, not do go directly to administration. They support each other and back each other up unconditionally. This school is great if you don't have an issue or problem with anyone in the school including the principal, Mrs. Facio.

Clovis Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2005
Teachers are wonderful and always willing to help their students.

Posted March 29, 2004

Clovis Elementary School
1100 Armstrong Avenue, Clovis, CA  93611
Last modified Clovis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clovis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top