Bad
Good

Century Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2013
I WAS happy with this school because they took a lot of pride when it came to athletics and academics. The principle made it a point to be seen and involved in EVERYTHING. However, this school goes against it's own zero tolerance policy. Too busy worrying about the money not coming in from absences, they have failed my child in his pride and emotional growth. Bullying was an issue and after going through all the steps, he was still forced to sit directly next to one of the kids who physically harmed him. This school is all about money and test scores and I still regret moving into the CUSD. They have failed my son.

Posted July 15, 2011
Overall this is a great school. The teachers LOVE their job and show true pride in their work. The PTC is amazing. It's hard to give a bad review when there are only a couple bad apples. A few lower grade teachers are too abbrasive. The principal is very lax when it comes to discipline within his staff.

Posted January 08, 2011
My son attended the school from Kindegarden through 6th grade and loved it soooo much that he never missed a day of school. The school has both challenging academic and sports/extra curriculum programs. The teachers and staff expect a lot from the children and hold them accountable. They teach them to be organized and self-sufficient, and prepare them for the next level. My child learned to do his homework completely on his own starting in 1st grade! He had awesome teachers every year, except 1 year where he had a teacher that was in the last year before retirement. My son still loved her, but I felt that she didn't give him enough instruction because that was the only year that I saw his test scores slip. I ended up talking to the principle near the end of the school year and she and I both wished that I had said something to her earlier. From then on, the principle made sure he was placed with the teacher that she felt would be the best match academically and temperment for my son. It is a large school with a lot of children, but they give this kind of individual attention because they really care about the kids.

Century Elementary School

Posted September 16, 2009
My grandson went to Century and I was able to see the achievements made both Academic and Athletic. Having teachers that are dedicated to the students is and was a great asset.

Posted September 04, 2007
My experiences at this school are that the teachers are involved with the students at many levels, the office staff is friendly and efficient. The PTC is supportive of the staff and students. Staff are for the most part very good and very kid friendly. However, I also find that a couple of teachers for the younger kids are true screamers and that this principal has not been as supportive as I would have hoped.

Century Elementary School 3

Posted June 19, 2006
We had mixed feelings about the school. Academically it's great our kids did well, and were encouraged to do well. The school also provides a good mix of sports and music. Parental involvement a must to the degree the parent s are involved is the degree your child will progress. Down side, we had to remove one of our children from the school due to repeated harassment. Simply said, it was bullying by a couple other students. True, there will always be bullies; however, after the 4th time we had enough! The school has a no tolerance policy to drugs and violence. Those who were causing the problem were allowed to return over and over again. I felt that the school failed to deal with the problem adequately and thus my child suffered. Another down side would have to be the size of the class rooms too many

Posted March 08, 2006
This school is a cut above the rest. Parental involvement is encouraged. The teachers, administration, curriculum and facility are all first rate. There are a number of fun activities that allow for parent participation throughout the year.

Posted June 20, 2005
My daughter has attended Century for the past five years (1st through 5th grades) and each year we were impressed with her teachers. They all took a real interest in her doing her best and kept the lines of communication open. I was also impressed with the staff. When an incident with another student was brought to the principals attention she took immediate action and called us at home to be sure we were aware and answered our questions.

Posted January 31, 2005
The teachers and the administration are amazing! My two children have had a great experience with their teachers. My third grader had difficulty in reading and his teacher has bent over backwards to help my son succeed. The atmosphere of the school is right on. My children love going to school. Thanks Century!

Posted October 23, 2004
This school is an excellent public elementary school. My children have attended since the school opened in 2000. The classwork is very challenging and the standards are high. The teachers are good and the character education program is also an important part of the curiculum. There is a lot of parental support for the school, lots of volunteers and lots of highly successful fundraisers. I think my children are getting a great education on par with many private schools.

Century Elementary School
965 North Sunnyside Avenue, Clovis, CA  93611-8171
Last modified Century Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.