Bad
Good

I WAS happy with this school because they took a lot of pride when it came to athletics and academics. The principle made it a point to be seen and involved in EVERYTHING. However, this school goes against it's own zero tolerance policy. Too busy worrying about the money not coming in from absences, they have failed my child in his pride and emotional growth. Bullying was an issue and after going through all the steps, he was still forced to sit directly next to one of the kids who physically harmed him. This school is all about money and test scores and I still regret moving into the CUSD. They have failed my son.

Overall this is a great school. The teachers LOVE their job and show true pride in their work. The PTC is amazing. It's hard to give a bad review when there are only a couple bad apples. A few lower grade teachers are too abbrasive. The principal is very lax when it comes to discipline within his staff.

My son attended the school from Kindegarden through 6th grade and loved it soooo much that he never missed a day of school. The school has both challenging academic and sports/extra curriculum programs. The teachers and staff expect a lot from the children and hold them accountable. They teach them to be organized and self-sufficient, and prepare them for the next level. My child learned to do his homework completely on his own starting in 1st grade! He had awesome teachers every year, except 1 year where he had a teacher that was in the last year before retirement. My son still loved her, but I felt that she didn't give him enough instruction because that was the only year that I saw his test scores slip. I ended up talking to the principle near the end of the school year and she and I both wished that I had said something to her earlier. From then on, the principle made sure he was placed with the teacher that she felt would be the best match academically and temperment for my son. It is a large school with a lot of children, but they give this kind of individual attention because they really care about the kids.

My grandson went to Century and I was able to see the achievements made both Academic and Athletic. Having teachers that are dedicated to the students is and was a great asset.

My experiences at this school are that the teachers are involved with the students at many levels, the office staff is friendly and efficient. The PTC is supportive of the staff and students. Staff are for the most part very good and very kid friendly. However, I also find that a couple of teachers for the younger kids are true screamers and that this principal has not been as supportive as I would have hoped.

Last modified Century Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.