Quail Lake Environmental Charter School 2

Posted December 18, 2014
It is true, without blond hair or light skin color you will not be acknowledged at this school. Discrimination is not subtle here. You know it's bad when the staff members don't even want to greet you with a "hi" or a "good morning" ever. There a few exceptional staff members but the rest are awful, snooty as they come. When it comes to school curriculum and teaching, it seems that kids are going home more confused than educated. Every year the standards change, the methods they've learned to do things the prior year are then told to be forgotten because they are doing it different in the new. There isn't enough one on one time with the teacher to make sure each student understands the concepts, and some teachers simply don't care. This is definitely our last year here. The school looks great on the surface but it is poorly run and staff are not professional enough to set aside their discriminatory behavior. Again, most, not all staff members are that way.

Posted November 15, 2014
I am currently in the seventh grade at Quail Lake and I love it here I've been going here since I was in first grade and I only had good experiences, the teachers here are so wonderful I love the school it is a good school to go to, because they teach us a lot, and have a really good test scores. It is a really good experience if you go here because the kids here are so nice, and the teachers here really are passionate for teaching him of what they do. Her teachers live by the quote"Any child any day the matter what it takes", they really embrace that and they live by that pretty much every day. You should go to this school is the best school I've been to. I have also been to freedom elementary when I was in kindergarten and I had a really really bad experience, so when I got to the school my whole idea of school changed. Now I love school!!!!

Quail Lake Environmental Charter School 2

Posted October 14, 2014
The most accurate review is the student who attended 2nd-8th. Some teachers are fantastic.Like all schools, QL has it bad teachers. Since it's charter, teachers do not have to be fully certified.This the case for a young 2nd grade teacher. They started not even being fully certified.Read about charter schools under Dept of Ed. The work is not high achieving/rigorous.STEM is from FUSD. Sanger only has umbrella activities under STEM. STEM/STEAM is from FUSD and CUSD has CART and robotics. QL has technology rotating once a month.Curriculum is the same Houghton Mifflin as all other districts.Assessments are take home for high scores.DPA/DPA weeks are assessment weeks to "Teach the test."Parent clicks huge and parents of dumb/rude kids most involved.Principal leadership is horrible. Office staff rude.If your child can't read to grade level or has the slightest defect, you go into special friends club/special education.SST/504.Sanger is a high poverty district. No gate, no enrichment.I've seen some kids struggling to read and parents are clueless.QL has the same issues as other schools.The kids are conformed to be alike.If you are not white and have brown skin you will not fit.
3 people found this helpful

Quail Lake Environmental Charter School 1

Posted September 29, 2014
This school is a school of white kids. You have to be blonde and white skinned to go here or you stand out. Their football is mediocre. My boys are leaving next year to attend Clovis Elementary where they can play football and be accepted.

Posted September 15, 2014
Quail Lake is one of the best school, very friendly staff and teachers, the class size is small, they have high technology gadgets such as Ipad and laptop for students. My kids are doing well and maintained good grades.

Posted March 24, 2014
At Quail Lakes at first we struggled. Struggled in adjustment from change. It's been a good change for our family. The teachers are great, staff friendly, principal always ready to greet everyone. How many principals at a school stand in a parking lot saying hi / bye to families? Small school, lots of activity, parent involvement. Everyone wants the best for kids. I realize a lot of comments say they stress test scores and tests. Honestly, they really don't. They have projects and fun activities to go with what they learn. Tests come like any other school at the end of review. Sanger Unified is small so they have more flexibility to do more. Sanger Unified has always been a good district. Fresno Unified and Clovis Unified are neck to neck in API scores depends on where you go, but lack funding as we came from those districts and didn't go on 1 field trip. It's a unique school with something always going on. They encourage a bright student to continue. AR reading is great! If you have a good reader you can get that done early, not worry and focus on other tasks or do something fun as you prefer. In the Central Valley QL is neck to neck in test scores with Manchester GATE.

Quail Lake Environmental Charter School 1

Posted March 10, 2014
I attended Quail Lake from the time that I was in 2nd grade to my graduation from 8th. I wasn't a perfect athelete. I wasn't a perfect student. I wasn't the cool kid. I wasn't normal. I suppose in retrospect that this means I had no place in Quail Lake. The students sure thought that. Students at Quail Lake are truly harsh. They will ridicule you if you have the slightest defect. The teachers will more often than not encourage this ridicule. The school seems to place no value on true education. They simply ensure that enough students learn that they can keep their precious test scores up. Quail Lake really isn't a very good school. The only way you will fit in is if you are blond, blue eyed, white, perfection in all ways. Oh, and you need to have helicopter parents.

Posted August 03, 2013
I have watch my Grandchildren grow and learn so so so Much! The school is wonderful and the parents are so in tune what is going on.... Love it... My gradchildren just love it!!!!

Posted April 16, 2012
I am an 8th grade student at Quail Lake Environmental Charter School. I have been at QL all my life, and -- sadly -- this is my last year at the school I have grown to love. I began in kindergarten as an ADHD student. I was loud and obnoxious. I was a very hards student, and, at another school, I would have been labeled as a disabled learner. I was not labeled that at QL. Just the opposite. I was given work that would hold my attention and get me to grasp the concepts that I was suppose to be learning. From kindergarten up, I have been improving. This school has given me the tools to learn at the advanced level and I would have it no other way. I go to this school for academics, not for friends. I am not saying I don't have friends either. If I was asked to rate my school those stars above this review would not even cut it. This school is a blessing for any child that has exceptional gifts and for any child that is ambitious but needs help reaching goals. I would recommend this school to someone who plans to send their child to a #1 college. I esteem my school and am proud to go there. To be a Falcon is to be a privilage.

Posted April 24, 2010
Devoted, caring teachers, administrators who prioritize kids' needs, and an overall district-wide devotion to quality education make this K-8 school the best in the area in my opinion.

Quail Lake Environmental Charter School
4087 North Quail Lake Drive, Clovis, CA  93611
Last modified Quail Lake Environmental Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quail Lake Environmental Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top