Clovis, CA

Valley Crescent School 3

Posted February 04, 2015
I like VCS. The only thing I would think needs to happen is they need to make P.E. more of a priority. Get the kids active. Other then that its a great school :)

Posted February 01, 2015
I am very proud of my children's school. Since transferring my kids to valley crescent they have flourished in every aspect of there education. Thank you Valley Crescent.

Valley Crescent School 4

Posted January 13, 2015
This is the only Islamic school in the Fresno Valley. I love that my children get all the education that other kids get in public schools in addition to Arabic and Islamic studies. The staff is very friendly and helpful and my daughter adores her teacher. The school is small so do not expect a big organization with state of the art equipment, but it's a wonderful environment for students to grow and learn.
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 08, 2015
As a parent, I am very pleased with both the academic and religious education that my kids receive at the school. I am also planning to enroll my daughter there next year inshallah.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 03, 2014
We have a fabulous new principal who has oriented the place to be a spectacular educational enviornment. Parents are always intensely involved and the staff is super nice! My kids love the school.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 29, 2014
I am a non Muslim, but my husband is and my children go here. I am not going to lie that I was very hesitant at first due to being a small school and not offering extra curricular activities. They do however encourage participation through Clovis Unified's Sports and Recreation Dept, which is what our kids have done the last couple of years. They now also have an after school program. I can testify that the quality of education is superior to even that of CUSD. I know this because my children did have attend CUSD when we could not send them to VCS. I was able to compare what one of my kids wss learning at reg public school to what my other child had learned in the grade while attending VCS. Regarding some teachers not being Muslim, I think that's great. It shows they are inclusive and selective of their teachers.
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 15, 2014
Valley Crescent, one of the best schools you can take your child to. Daily teachings and memorization of Quran, Arabic, and Islamic Studies. Every Muslim needs to learn these and that's what Valley Crescent gives. Students pray everyday at the school. This school has the safest environment for your child. Teachers are caring and do everything to help their students. Students get to know everyone due to the small number of students. If you want your child to learn how to read Quran, and stick to Islam and its teachings, Valley Crescent is your solution. Valley Crescent also teaches daily Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. I am a parent and my kids have been going to Valley Crescent for 7 years. It is truly a great school .

Posted December 11, 2011
This is a really nice school. It has small classes and dedicated teachers. My son loves the school and wants to go there earlier than 7:30 every day.

Valley Crescent School 1

Posted April 18, 2011
extreamly unprofessional, academiclaly very poor, Islamically pathatically lack of character, unfreindly unmotivating teachers(some even non-muslims WHAT??) PTA total nonsense, no sports, nothing challenging for gifted or talented children or even normal children. This school is a total insult to any child who wants to excel in life academicaly. Total demoralization of children. Instead of becoming good Muslims children come out as hating Islam. What kind of Islamic school is this when there is non-Islamic and lazy staff. One of the cheapest schools in California but also very low in quality of education. Only if you are worried your sons and daughters are not muslims or you are really weak in teaching them to be practicing muslims you might think of sending them to such Islamic schools. But think 10 times before you send them you are likely to lose them later in life when they get to college. I from my personal experience of many Islamic schools since past 9yrs would like to keep my Islamic upbringing at home strong and let your children experience regular schools public or non-religious private schools or even homeschool. You as a parent and student be better off.

Valley Crescent School 3